My Barcelona Wish List 2017

We have been to Barcelona many times as a family and as a couple. We have cruised from the port, enjoyed weekend breaks and visited for the day. It is no exaggeration to say we love Barcelona. The vibrancy, the atmosphere, the food! I can’t think of anything I don’t love about this wonderful city.

Yet we haven’t scratched the surface. There is so much we haven’t done. So much we want to do. And yes there are also places we would like to revisit. I don’t think we will ever tire of it as every single time we visit it feels somehow different.

And now as we look at our air miles collecting up and are wondering where to jet off too for a little break in the summer, thoughts of hot days in Barcelona are creeping into my mind.

No matter when we decide to visit, I have started a little wish list. As when we do I want to try out new and exciting areas and experiences. So here goes, our Barcelona wish list 2017.

My Barcelona Wish List 2017

Watch a Barcelona match

We have visited Camp Nou several times; the boys were blown away by it. But what they would really love is to watch a match. And as much as I may not the biggest football fan, I have to say that the atmosphere would be incredible. Just seeing the joy on the boy’s faces is worth 90 minutes of football. As of course is the promise of visiting the champagne bar at half time.

My Barcelona Wish List 2017

Visit Tibidabo amusement park

I never even knew this existed; it was built in 1889 and is a little way out of the city. My reasons for wanting to visit are purely selfish as I would love to take my camera and get shots of the views and beautiful vintage rides. Whilst I just know the boys would love experiencing all the incredible rides. There is something special about a real vintage fun fair isn’t there? And Tibidabo Amusement Park looks to be a real treat; I will be adding this to my fun things to do in Barcelona list for sure.

My Barcelona Wish List 2017

Have a lazy day on the beach

Every time we visit, we get so embroiled in city life and forget about the beach. A day at the beach would be perfect. Time to people watch and catch a few rays, which I must say will feel quite odd and very novel. And as we have never visited the beach in Barcelona I am thinking it is about time we did.

Spend a whole day wandering and eating street food

We never get time to do this; yes we make time to eat. But spending time wandering, eating street food, taking the time to stop for tapas with a cold beer, and maybe later try out some of the best churros in Barcelona as we watch street entertainers. A day without rushing, needing to be anywhere just absorbing the atmosphere of Barcelona sounds just about perfect.

My Barcelona Wish List 2017
Book a cruise

I know it is not strictly in Barcelona, but cruising is my fave way to travel. Barcelona is my absolute favourite port to cruise from. And the perfect way to start a cruise holiday is spending a couple of days ticking off our Barcelona wish list before stepping on to a floating world to explore the rest of Europe’s shores.

And there is it, my little wish list that has reminded me just how much we love the buzz of Barcelona, the beautiful architecture, glorious hazy mornings and hot sunny afternoons. The happy memories we have already made. And the anticipation of memories I know we will make in the future. Because Barcelona is a place that just keeps you going back for more.

1. 27th February 2017 / 7:26 am

I have only been to Barcelonia once and back in my tens. I had no idea there was so much there, it would be drivable from our family in the south of France so one day I’d like to do this and pop down for a few days. I hope your 2017 Barcelonia plans come together. #MondayEscapes

2. 27th February 2017 / 8:11 am

Fab list – I recommend visiting the Montjuic area #mondayescapes

3. 27th February 2017 / 8:21 am

To me Barcelona is all about the architecture, whether it is the Sagrada Familia, lazing in the Gaudi park or walking the streets and from the sound of it a vintage fair. So much to see.

4. 27th February 2017 / 10:19 am

I just love Barcelona – I think it may be my favourite city. I’ve visited lots of times but didn’t know about the amusement park either! Something to add to our list for next time I think. I have loved watching La Sagrada’s progress over the years.

5. 27th February 2017 / 10:29 am

Great list! The amusement park does look amazing. I’d love to go to Barcelona! We’re planning on doing more travel around Europe next year, and Barcelona is high on list! #MondayEscapes

6. 27th February 2017 / 10:52 am

I’ve only been to Barcelona once, pre-kids, and loved it! Hopefully we can plan a family weekend there sometime soon. Great wish list, hope you get to do all this next time you’re in Barcelona! #MondayEscapes

7. 27th February 2017 / 11:09 am

Oh you definitely need to go to the Tibidabo amusement park. While I didnt actually go to the park, going up to Tibidabo for the cathedral and the views was definitely worth going! #MondayEscapes

8. 27th February 2017 / 11:30 am

Wandering around, trying street food is one of my favourite things’ too. And Spain’s great for that – with tapas, you only get a small bite, so you can keep going for hours! 🙂 #MondayEscapes

9. 27th February 2017 / 12:18 pm

I’ve never been but I think both my Zs would be blown away by Camp Nou too. I might see if we can pop over for a couple of days in August. The weather would just be fab then wouldn’t it?

10. 27th February 2017 / 12:42 pm

I’m not a huge sports fan, either (except for the Olympics) but I think attending sporting events is fun. I don’t care about the games but the atmosphere is so lively and fun. And cruising is quickly becoming my favorite mode of travel. You get to see new places but only have to unpack once. I’d love to sail out of Barcelona. In fact, we’re considering a Disney cruise that would sail out of Barcelona next year. #mondayescapes

11. 27th February 2017 / 1:54 pm

The food would be top of my list! Love Spanish food. #mondayescapes

12. 27th February 2017 / 3:46 pm

We visited Camp Nou some years ago and I agree, my boy would have loved to have seen a proper match. A trip to the amusement park sounds lovely – great photo opportunities as well as thrills!
    #mondayescapes

13. 27th February 2017 / 6:48 pm

I would love to make it to Barcelona soon. This list further cements its place on my travel wishlist! #mondayescapes

14. 27th February 2017 / 7:00 pm

Love Barcelona always so much to do. Lots of fond memories. I like the day of eating street food idea! Thanks for hosting #MondayEscapes

15. 27th February 2017 / 7:48 pm

I would love to go back to Barcelona – I want to see all of Gaudi’s works. And then eat a lot of tapas in the evenings!! A great city! #mondayescapes

16. 27th February 2017 / 8:09 pm

Barcelona is on our wish list for 2017, so I really enjoyed reading your article and gave me a lot of inspiration. Port Adventura theme park is only a short distance away from Barcelona and with their new Ferrari world theme park opening soon, it will be great for kids.

17. 27th February 2017 / 10:07 pm

We have never visited Barcelona but I must admit I have been wanting to visit for a few years now. I think it would be perfect for my 2 as Morgan definitely is starting to really enjoy city breaks. There is certainly lots to do in the city, and I bet the food is incredible x

18. 27th February 2017 / 10:08 pm

Very good reasons! We went briefly with my daughter a couple of years ago but we didn’t get to see Casa Batllo or the Sagrada Familia. I think she’d be fascinated by the architecture. I loved it when I visited pre-kids. #mondayescapes

19. 28th February 2017 / 2:15 am

From your list, I need to spend the day eating around. For some reason, I prefer the food in Madrid and feel like the tapas and market scene there is better. Well, who knows, maybe I have not found the correct places in the city. #MondayEscapes

20. 28th February 2017 / 11:54 am

The Sagrada Familia is high on DH’s list. It looks so majestic in pictures I can only imagine what it’s like to see for real. #MondayEscapes

21. 28th February 2017 / 1:35 pm

I’ve never been to Barcelona, and I’m not quite sure why as from your post it seems like my perfect city! My nearly 9year old is desperate to visit – purely football related! Fingers crossed we can go one day soon .
    #MondayEscapes

22. 28th February 2017 / 4:16 pm

Love this! We’re planning a trip to Barcelona later this summer and I can’t wait – haven’t been in 20 years. I am so looking forward to the mix of city and beach life. And a football game is a great idea – pinning this! #mondayescapes

23. 28th February 2017 / 6:09 pm

I’ve never been to Barcelona; it has been on my wish list for a long time though. Thanks for the inspiration for what to do when I eventually get there! #MondayEscapes

24. 28th February 2017 / 8:48 pm

Would love to see the Sagrada Familia, its been on our wish list for ages! Maybe have to go here for my 30th! #MondayEscapes

25. 28th February 2017 / 9:03 pm

I visited many years ago before children. It’s one of those cities, like Rome, that I want to visit again one day. I’m not a football fan but have made the visit to Camp Nou, I know my son would love this! #Mondayescapes

26. Lisa (Travel Loving Family)
    28th February 2017 / 10:54 pm

Like you I LOVE Barcelona, such a fun vibrant city with so much to do for all ages! The churros are my particular favourite;)

27. 1st March 2017 / 4:21 pm

I want to go back to Barcelona to join a cruise so badly! It’s such a great city. The beach is perfect for people watching and for letting kids chill out after sightseeing. Love it there! #MondayEscapes

28. 1st March 2017 / 4:35 pm

I haven’t been to Barcelona in many, many years now, which is weird because I’ve loved it ever since visiting for the first time in my teens! Hope your wish list becomes a reality!
    #MondayEscapes

29. 1st March 2017 / 10:00 pm

We have never visited but it looks such a wonderful city , and somewhere I would think about taking the kids now. Thanks for sharing !

30. 2nd March 2017 / 4:47 pm

I’ve been twice, I love the catherdral and Gaudi Park, as well as the beach and as for the food … I could eat tapas all day long! #mondayescapes

31. 2nd March 2017 / 8:59 pm

Barcelona hadn’t really crossed my mind as a destination to go to. I may have to look into the area a bit more now. #MondayEscapes

32. 4th March 2017 / 8:02 am

Love the whole day eating street food idea – winner! #MondayEscapes

33. 4th March 2017 / 12:22 pm

my one and only trip to Barcelona was in 1992 for the Olympic games, I keep meaning to go back one day and see how it has changed, but nothing planned in the near future

34. 5th March 2017 / 7:50 pm

I’ve only been to Barcelona once, and that was about 12 years ago. It is such an amazing city, I’d love to go back. Hope you get to tick off everything on your wishlist! #MondayEscapes

9th March 2017 / 9:23 pm

Thank you Lauren, yes I do too, but I see Barcelona as a project to keep chipping away at x

35. 7th March 2017 / 9:29 pm

Great list! I think I’d spend most of my time eating, and just one day sightseeing 😉 x

9th March 2017 / 9:33 pm

Ha ha sounds like a plan Maria x

36. 24th April 2017 / 2:25 pm

Oooh this looks fantastic – Barcelona is on my wish-list, too, although I’m waiting for my kids to be a little older. I’d never heard of Tibidabo so thanks for the tip-off! #MondayEscapes

24th April 2017 / 9:31 pm

Tibidabo looks so amazing doesn’t it? Oh Barcelona is such a wonderful city there is so much to do x