My Weekly Round Up, Balance

I have hardly picked my camera up this week, which never happens.

I think I have spent the week getting myself centered and finding a bit of balance. Trying to plan for the year ahead. The problem is my head is a little cotton wooly. I am not really sure exactly what I want to achieve. I have a few ideas buzzing around in my head, but I need to set a direction to go in. As a result I have been doing loads of behind the scenes stuff. And getting myself organised.

It has been great to get the boys back into a routine. Although poor Jack has gone straight back in at the deep end, with a round of mock exams. Joe has just got right back into it, although he has been wishing for snow all week. We have been so lucky to only have a light spattering that melted quickly, whilst the rest of the country has it tough. It is so odd on this little hill of ours, when the rest of the country has it rough we are fine. But when all is calm elsewhere, we can be up to our knees in snow.

Chris’s job role has changed this year which means in theory he should never or rarely work at weekends. It is something he has had to do all of our married life. It is a wonderful change, although he is one of those people who doesn’t like to rest, ever, so keeps dreaming up jobs to do! It’s been wonderful to get out for loads of long country walks and have time to chill and amble along instead of rushing.

My Weekly Round Up, Balance

My Weekly Round Up, Balance

My Weekly Round Up, Balance

Getting back into my exercise routine has felt amazing

I did get to sneak of for a swim a few times over Christmas. Swimming is addictive isn’t it? And if you don’t go you feel rubbish. I try to go 3 times a week, if I feel a little stressed or overwhelmed, then a swim clears my mind.  Pre kids I used to swim 3 times a week, but then babies and sleepless nights got in the way. I also started yoga this week, omg, I have been meaning to give it a go for years, it is the most relaxing thing ever, I love it.

Next week I aim to get out with the camera a little, and try to consolidate some of my plans a little. And fingers crossed for a cold and sunny week with no snow or rain.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

1. 14th January 2017 / 11:53 am

Sounds like a similar week to me, getting back to the ordinary things

15th January 2017 / 5:08 pm

I know, I am raring to go but just need to get a bit organised x

2. 15th January 2017 / 4:11 pm

Finding balance sounds perfect and it must be so lovely to have your husband around at the weekends now. I’ve been meaning to try yoga for years but have never got round to it – maybe this year! Thanks for sharing with #WotWx

15th January 2017 / 5:14 pm

Jocelyn I was exactly the same, but wow it is just so amazing, I am so looking forward to my next session x

3. 16th January 2017 / 8:27 pm

eek I hope it is just a moment and that you feel better this week. I love exercise and taking the camera out, both help make me feel motivated and more willing to get to grips with life X #wotw

18th January 2017 / 7:53 pm

Yes i don’t think this dull weather helps, but exercise is the best thing to motivate isn’t it? x

4. 17th January 2017 / 10:31 am

Getting back into your excercise routine must feel good – I started Yoga again and it does feel great. I do love Yoga. I haven’t got back into running yet, that’s something I haven’t yet done and I’m starting to feel sluggish for it. But it is good to get that routine back.
    Hope you have a great week & enjoyed the weekends with your OH
    xx
    #Wordof the Week

18th January 2017 / 8:03 pm

Oh yes it did Tracey, and I really loved it, and yes I am loving the new weekend routine x

5. 19th January 2017 / 9:05 pm

Fab to hear that Chris no longer has to work weekends, must be so lovely to have him home with the boys. Sounds as if you are tinkering away behind the scenes which sounds exciting for you. And yes for swimming clearing your head, it really does wonders doesn’t it. Hope you have had a lovely week x

22nd January 2017 / 7:15 pm

It makes such a difference, yes this time of year is all about putting in foundations isn’t it? x