My Weekly Round Up, Fog And YouTube

What on earth has been going on this week with the northern weather?

It has been foggy for a week. I suppose that is the downside of having your desk next to the window, and living at the top of a hill? It has been dark for a week, I have been longing for sunshine and blue skies. And had no idea how much I relied on light, but all that fog made me feel a tad grumpy. A world without blue skies, sun rises and sunsets is pretty grim.

But thankfully the sun came out yesterday. And as I lay on the floor of my yoga class with the sun streaming onto my face I felt so calm and grateful that we finally had a little light.  It is incredible the effect it can have on you? Just to walk out into the sun and hear the birds again felt wonderful. So much so I felt compelled to grab my camera and take a few pictures, this has been almost impossible for the last week. Maybe that is why it has got to me so much?
My Weekly Round Up And Fog And YouTube

My Weekly Round Up And Fog And YouTube

My Weekly Round Up And Fog And YouTube

I have also been trying to give my YouTube Channel a little love this week.

It is something I have really tried to avoid up to now. I love making  vlogs but hate editing them. It’s totally my fault, I was filming in sections and then putting them all together, it was painful! Anyhow I recently made the decision to aim for one-shot films. And it is so much easier. My channel is so tiny, but I am enjoying tinkering.

My Weekly Round Up And Fog And YouTube 4

I have learnt so much this week, made a few mistakes. And am starting to get my head around the difference light and position can make. Of course I am learning by my mistakes as I go along, but I can live with that. My mission today is to get a light for my camera, I am just not sure exactly what I need but my aim is to find something that works.

It has all been about routine around here,

The boys have both got big years with SATs and GCSEs so homework is a big feature and making sure they are up to date, and that Jack is revising. He has decided what he wants to do going forward and now just need to get the grades to make this a reality.

My Weekly Round Up And Fog And YouTube

My gin of the week is this gorgeous Cotswolds distillery dry gin;

It has really strong but smooth taste of lemons and grapefruit. I was chatting over on Instagram yesterday about how I am loving this journey of gin discovery, and how incredible it is that good gins are all so very different in flavour. It’s really very hard to choose a favourite, the way forward is having a selection of gins to suit your mood. And for me the Cotswolds distillery reminds me of a spring day, the sort of gin you would drink when you want to feel energised.

Lets hope this sunshine stays around; I am so hoping our days of living in fog are over. Have a lovely week whatever you are up to.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

What Katy Said

1. 21st January 2017 / 11:14 am

Oh, I’m like you with sunshine and light so I can totally relate. My cosiness has kept me going this week! I am all about the one take vlogs, too, and remain in awe of those who don’t! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

22nd January 2017 / 7:31 pm

I know its so hard to edit, I am loving one take vlogs, they are the way forward x

2. 21st January 2017 / 3:25 pm

The weather definitely seems to have a baring on how we feel. I’m sure you’ll find a light that works for you. My first question would be what do other vloggers use? #WotW

3. 21st January 2017 / 11:15 pm

Beautiful photos! Thankfully Cornwall has had beautiful blue skies this week at last, it really lifts my mood seeing it and getting outside more. Eek to the SATs and GCSE’s. My youngest has his SATs as well, but seems very chilled out about it all and my niece and sister have their GCSEs this year. I have no idea were the time has gone.

Stevie x

22nd January 2017 / 7:40 pm

I know they grow so quickly don’t they? I cant believe the boys are at this age, all so exciting x

4. 23rd January 2017 / 10:24 am

We have had a few mornings of fog but we have mostly had frost here. I really need to catch up on the videos on my you tube. I’m not brave enough to vlog just capture our days out. It sounds like you have had a good week of learning new things #WotW

25th January 2017 / 9:09 pm

Thanks Jane, yes I feel like I got a lot done, I feel like that a bit with youtube but decided to just not watch them back too much x

5. 23rd January 2017 / 3:47 pm

We are TOTALLY still in a big fog. It’s making me grumpy — I’m so fed up of it!! It’s so weird — I LOVE editing`!! It’s my fave bit of the process — I just don’t like the filming part! Talking into the camera is my worst part of vlogging!! LOL!! I’ll never be a vlogger — that’s for sure! 🙂 xx

25th January 2017 / 9:11 pm

I have been like that too, it really got me down. Ha ha how funny we both like different parts x

6. 24th January 2017 / 12:21 am

May be a little cross as I blogged about sunshine and how it cheered my soul and then you sent me your fog today. Seriously lovely pictures, glad to be on your blog again and to celebrate how far you have come on the blogging journey. Well done you for juggling so much with aplomb!

25th January 2017 / 9:17 pm

Oops sorry, and thanks so much Kate I love getting my camera out these days. And thank you that is so kind, I must say I am loving the journey x

7. 28th January 2017 / 8:58 am

Oooh I am going to go check out your YT channel now and make sure I’m subscribed. Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

29th January 2017 / 9:49 pm

Ah thanks so much Kate xx

8. 7th February 2017 / 11:40 am

Love your flower photos Sarah, and yes a big year for both your boys this year. Katie was doing her SATS mocks last week, and they will be here before we know it. I will pop over and have a look at your youtube channel. It will make a nice change from the usual rubbish I am subjected to on youtube from the kids lol x

7th February 2017 / 9:38 pm

Ha ha I know what you mean Joe is always watching screaming goats !!! I cant wait till all the exams are over x