My Weekly Round Up, Trying To Prepare

This week my head has either been stuck in the laptop or decorating our home.

It has been mad busy trying to prepare and organise in order to give myself a lovely break over Christmas. I think sometimes you are on that treadmill and then get to the stage when you feel like you need to rest.

A chance eat copious amounts of food, drink Bailey’s, go for long walks. And have nothing to think about apart from the chance of snow at Christmas. Wouldn’t that be amazing? I still have most of the Christmas shopping to do arghh.  But I am going to commit a day next week and get it done.

It’s weird, as the kids are getting older and swap toys for gadgets. I don’t think there is one toy on the Christmas list this year. Sad times people. Last weekend we spent a couple of days decorating the house all ready for Christmas. It was fab decorating and gorging on the feast of Sunday festive movies. I do love this time of year. Especially cold Sundays when we can light the log burner and fill the house with the smell of a delicious roast dinner cooking away in the oven. It’s my idea of a perfect day.

Festive Touches With HomeSense
Making An Antipasto Hamper With Ciao Gusto

Our week started with this gorgeous sunset

What a sight to wake up to Monday morning? And another reason for loving this time of year.  All these sunsets and sunrises are just beautiful. Although it has become so much harder to walk Toby lately as it is dark so early. I think I am going to have to get into the routine of a morning walk as I am currently walking him in the dark with my torch. And as peaceful as it is walking in the countryside in the dark and I am not convinced it is totally safe.

My Weekly Round Up, Prepare

My gin of the week this week is another one by the gorgeous Demijohn Liquid Deli and it is delicious.

Damson Gin is a very sweet gin and is perfect for pre dinner drinks or dessert. Not one I could drink lots of because of its sweet and fruity taste. Not to say it isn’t delicious because it is, however I am thinking of trying a spot of this in Champagne as I think this would combat the sweetness and make the perfect cocktail.

My Weekly Round Up, Prepare

This weekend we have time with friends planned, Joe has a party, and then Monday night we are off to the open evening of Winter Wonderland, which I am sure, will be fun. And I am hoping will feel really festive.

I am also working on my #ReverseAdvent with Coop it is such a great idea. I have received a box, which I will add to every day and just before Christmas donate to someone in need. What a genius idea? Especially at this time of year when you get so wrapped up in yourself and your family because the season is so busy. It is great to be able to support someone who may need al little help and kindness at this time of year.

Have a lovely week whatever you are up too and catch up next week.

A Quick Catch Up, My Weekly Round Up

1. 10th December 2016 / 11:14 am

I would love to gorge on Christmas movies right now but our telly has decided to break. Nooooo! I have to be down South for work next week but hoping the wind down can start soon after that 🙂

14th December 2016 / 10:13 pm

Oh no what a nightmare arghhh, I am in London Friday cant wait to see all the lights x

2. 11th December 2016 / 7:37 am

Ah, I can’t imagine a time with no toys on the wishlists, though I know it will come. My house is currently being taken over by toys that I’m having to hide! I am sorted for Christmas, though I still have blog and uni work to do, but I just want to sink into Christmas and leave it all behind!! And now I want damson gin! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

14th December 2016 / 10:16 pm

Ha ha Damsen Gin is fab and yes I feel the same I am ready to drop and chill for a while now x

3. 11th December 2016 / 9:40 am

I think I’m going to need a day to myself shopping next week. Yes, we have the same situation. Christmas wish lists are changing. Although I do slip in a fun toy or two. Your gin looks such a pretty colour. #wotw

14th December 2016 / 10:20 pm

It tasted great to Cheryl, and yes I still have loads to do x

4. 11th December 2016 / 11:14 pm

Nothing like Christmas preparation to get you in the festive mood. #WotW

14th December 2016 / 10:26 pm

Yes I agree Helena x

5. 15th December 2016 / 9:44 pm

I can’t quite imagine getting to the point where there are no toys on the Christmas list but it will happen one day and I am sure I will feel a little sad about it too. Sounds like there have been lots of preparations for Christmas going on and hope you manage to enjoy the break over the festive season. That sunrise is just stunning 🙂 #WotW

19th December 2016 / 9:28 pm

Ah thanks Louise, it will be so much fun just different x

6. 23rd December 2016 / 7:02 pm

What a beautiful sunset. Hope you’re all set now and there’s still plenty of damson gin left to celebrate with. Have a lovely christmas, and stopping by with a late visit from #wotw x

30th December 2016 / 5:59 pm

Ah thanks Stephanie, we have had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you did too x