My Weekly Round Up And An Adventure In London

It’s Friday night and I am sat on a train on my way back from London.

It’s been a bit of a mad day. London and back in the day! But I am so glad I did it. It’s that same old theory I harp on about, having no regrets and sometimes doing things because the opportunity has arisen. Not just saying ah I would love too but…..

After another week of loss and sadness I can’t emphasise enough how important it is to live for today.

When I was invited to the Tempur sleep event and it was a Friday night. I decided that actually this was a great opportunity. Firstly because I was interested in the subject, but secondly if I planned my trains well I could have a mooch around London.

I had never been to the V & A

I so wanted to see the Fashion exhibition. Also I have never seen the Harrods Christmas Windows. So I decided I would book an early train a have a wander.

There seemed to be lots of disruptions yesterday with traffic and closed roads getting to the station, and a fire a Green Park resulting in a closed station on the return but fortunately I had booked an open ticket. So I stayed chilled,

I had a wonderful day mooching. Spending as long as I wanted in the museum. Stopping to take photos of shop windows and not having to rush.

My Weekly Rounds Up And Adventure

My Weekly Rounds Up And Adventure

My Weekly Rounds Up And Adventure

And to think I could have said no because I had too much to do. You can never be too busy for an adventure! Yes, Joe was really cross at me because he wanted a day in London. But we have a family trip planned in the New Year. And I know for a fact there will be no V & A or time to people watch or chat on the tube.

I did take all my Christmas cards and write them on the train, the writing may be a bit wobbly but no one will notice. I was able to jump off the train and pop them in a post box. So actually I did a job I wouldn’t have had time for had I been at home.

Last Monday we were lucky enough to attend the opening of Winter Wonderland Manchester.

Now I am not a huge fair fan. However Joe loved it, and it is something I would certainly do again. If you are going to attend a fair, an indoor fair is the way forward. It felt very safe and is excellent value as the rides are unlimited. It was wonderful seeing Joe run from ride to ride, like a kid in a sweet shop. He was so excited.

My Weekly Rounds Up And Adventure

My Weekly Rounds Up And Adventure

Other than that it has been a week with lots of organizing, shopping and catching up. In the endeavour to be prepared for Christmas. I am still not there, but a lot nearer than I was this time last week. And am really looking forward to a rest and a little family time. Have a wonderful Christmas and I can’t wait to catch up in 2017.

1. 17th December 2016 / 5:49 pm

Sounds like a wonderful trip Sarah and mooching about London at this time of year is so beautiful. The atmosphere must be lovely right now. Hope you’re having a lovely wind down now xx

19th December 2016 / 9:34 pm

Ah Tas it was so lovely, and so festive. I just cant wait for the kids to finish now so we can all relax x

2. 17th December 2016 / 11:03 pm

Reading your #WotW was ‘adventure’ how could I resist stopping by? It’s lovely that you’ve been travelling everywhere both in the UK and abroad.

19th December 2016 / 9:34 pm

Ah thanks Helena, yes ha ha I am ready for a rest I think x

3. 18th December 2016 / 6:39 am

I do love adventures! I’ve been saying yes to more and more this year, that on the surface look to difficult to fit in and manage, but they are so much fun and always worth the extra effort. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in London and the fair, and glad you’re getting there with Christmas , too x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

20th December 2016 / 8:39 pm

Thanks Jocelyn, yes sometimes its easier to say no, but nowhere near as much fun x

4. 18th December 2016 / 10:54 pm

It’s been ages since I v&a’ed. must make more effort to get into town! Thanks for sharing your adventure #wotw

30th December 2016 / 5:48 pm

Ah thank you, yes its one of those things you never have the time for, but when you make time you are so glad you did x

5. 20th December 2016 / 5:00 pm

Harrods is so beautiful all lit up at night, and well done on being productive on the train. Sounds as if you enjoyed your little adventure to London. I have lost count of the amount of times you have been down there, but how can you say no to adventures. Sorry to hear about your sad week too x

30th December 2016 / 5:52 pm

Ha Ha I know a mad year but I have loved every second x

6. 23rd December 2016 / 7:19 am

What a lovely week you had – sounds like it was a fab day out in London. I love the V&A although haven’t had the opportunity to visit for several years – maybe next year I’ll pay it a visit! Looks like Joe had fun at the Winter Wonderland too. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas 🙂

30th December 2016 / 5:56 pm

Thanks Louise, he loved winter wonderland and yes my day in London was so lovely a peaceful if you can ever all London that x

7. 23rd December 2016 / 6:16 pm

Sounds like such a lovely little adventure <3 Hope you have a lovely Christmas!

30th December 2016 / 5:57 pm