Luxury Lodge Life At Cameron Lodges, Loch Lomond Part 1

Scotland is somewhere I have wanted to see more off ever since our trip to Edinburgh a couple of years ago.

But you know how it is? There is never time, we are always so busy with so much planned. Now I am thinking I should have made time. We all love the countryside, rolling hills, fresh air and gorgeous views. So when we got invited to Cameron Lodges on Loch Lomond I only had to think for a nano second.

As a family, lodge breaks have featured highly on our travel wish list. We try to get at least one lodge break booked in a year. There is nothing quite like visiting a home from home, away from the pressures of life. Endless activities and football matches. Somewhere we can have a lie in, a morning chill, all hang out together, even play the odd board game.

The problem is, our family is changing. Add the fact that I seem to be getting fussier into the mix. The list of must have requirements is quite rigid. Top of the list being luxury and quality. Closely followed by activities for the boys and great restaurants. I don’t want to go and stay somewhere that is not as nice as my own home, what is the point in that? I want to feel the wow factor of a property and enjoy ooohhhing and ahhhing at how gorgeous it is. And the boys to feel that buzz of wanting to explore. To be excited by the activities on offer.

Luxury Lodge Life At Cameron Lodges, Loch Lomond Part 1

And Cameron Lodges offers all that and more.

From the moment you pull into the sweeping drive, the scale and beauty of the estate is apparent. In fact it takes your breath away. Located on Loch Lomond the air is fresh, and the views are simply stunning. And as soon as we arrived and had checked in which was very quick and easy we felt relaxed.

Cameron House Estate is set over 2 sites, which at first seems a little overwhelming.  But actually, it is very easy to negotiate your way around. You can move between sites effortlessly via a super efficient concierge shuttle service any time of day and evening.

The estate has a championship golf course, and a 9-hole course, the most divine spa, many dining options including a Michelin Star restaurant. It also offers a whole host of activities from cruises on the Loch, clay pigeon shooting, quad biking and archery.

Our 3 bedroom lodge was a short walk from the main house, nestled amongst a variety of lodges offering from 1-4 bedrooms. The lodges are well laid out in into a pretty little village overlooking the golf course and Loch.

Luxury Lodge Life At Cameron Lodges, Loch Lomond Part 1

The wonderful thing about Cameron Lodges is that you can follow to your own pace.

You can eat in should you wish too, or dine out. We chose both options. On the day of our arrival we cooked dinner in our open plan living area, which lends itself to keeping all the family involved. We all mucked in and chatted as we prepared dinner and set the table. The fact that we were all involved was perfect, and exactly what you want from a luxury holiday home. We were able to eat and then chill together after a chaotic week. And spend the evening snuggled up warm and cozy discussing our plans for the next day and playing the odd game of draughts to Joe’s slightly one-sided set of rules.

The next evening we headed down to the boathouse.

And the boathouse is perfect when traveling with family, offering a nautical decor. Such, that you can’t stop wandering around, admiring the styling that makes the Boat House feel so very cool.

The menu was extensive, offering something to suit the whole family. I had the mussels and they were delicious. However the Boat House is one of those restaurants that you actually feel quite envious of the rest of you parties’ meal. Even though you love your own dish.

Luxury Lodge Life At Cameron Lodges, Loch Lomond Part 1

We decided dining out was the way forward

And ate at the Claret Jug the following evening.  Which is pretty laid back, but very stylish and offering a completely different menu.  I left wishing we had time to dine in the main hotel as all the menus looked so great. Having such choice is always a big deal for me. You feel you have the freedom to choose.

If you are looking for a holiday lodge with many great quality dining options then Cameron Lodges really is a perfect choice. Next week I am going to share my thoughts on the activities, and what we got up too during our visit.

Pin For Later

1. 14th November 2016 / 7:01 pm

It looks like a really beautiful place and I can picture all the Loch around it even though I’m not sure we saw this actual lodge on our travels. I now want to go to that fish restaurant though 🙂

2. 15th November 2016 / 9:15 pm

Such a beautiful and tranquil place Sarah. I know exactly what you mean about family life changing and getting fussier (ha we are so alike). The lodges look incredibly spacious just like at Slaley Hall. I can imagine it is the perfect place to chill out, surrounded by countryside and of course the beautiful loch x

4th December 2016 / 6:02 pm

Ah thanks so much, it is x

3. 28th November 2016 / 8:37 am

Cameron Lodges sounds like a wonderful place and right up our street and my second name is Cameron! My mummy’s side of the family is Scottish and they wanted to keep the name. What a beautiful location- we’d love to visit! #MondayEscapes

4th December 2016 / 6:03 pm

Oh well then you must visit it is wonderful x

4. 28th November 2016 / 9:42 am

I think the Boat House looks simply stunning and I now definitely have Cameron Lodges on my wish list after seeing all your wonderful photos.

4th December 2016 / 6:54 pm

Karen it was, and I know you would just love it x

5. 28th November 2016 / 9:44 am

This kind of holiday looks fantastic – all the joys of being outdoors, with a luxurious place to retreat to and snuggle up together in. You’re right, Scotland is an incredible place to visit. Like you, I also want to explore more of the place. #MondayEscapes

4th December 2016 / 6:55 pm

Nell it was a wonderful place to stay I just loved it, we all did x

6. 28th November 2016 / 11:06 am

I was having a think about this place for New Year’s Eve. We most likely won’t go but imaging seeing the Northern lights from there on a clear night (if only eh?)

4th December 2016 / 6:57 pm

Ooh yes you so should that would be amazing x

7. 28th November 2016 / 11:50 am

Sounds completely and totally idyllic!!! I love it! #MondayEscapes

8. 28th November 2016 / 11:51 am

Scotland is stunning and always worth the long journey!

The lodges look awesome, and yes, we like a bit of lux too!

#monda escapes

9. 28th November 2016 / 12:31 pm

Wow what a beautiful place. We’ve always wanted to visit a Loch in Scotland too, this seems like an ideal place to stay #MondayEscapes

10. 28th November 2016 / 12:57 pm

Cameron Lodges looks and sounds like a beautiful place! #mondayescapes

11. 28th November 2016 / 1:05 pm

That looks like my kind of place – beautiful but with great restaurants and lots to do. Look forward to the next post. #MondayEscapes

12. 28th November 2016 / 2:28 pm

It looks absolutely stunning and in beautiful countryside by the sound of it. Love your pictures – I’d have loved to have seen pictures of the lodge you stayed in. #MondayEscapes

13. 28th November 2016 / 4:56 pm

I’ve got fussier as I’ve got older too, although we don’t tend to stay in particularly luxurious places. I just know exactly what you mean about wanting to go somewhere that’s better than your own home. Glad it lived up to your expectations! #Mondayescapes

14. 28th November 2016 / 6:18 pm

It looks an amazing place really beautiful! Great photos as always x

15. 28th November 2016 / 9:18 pm

What a stunning place to stay – and the Boat House looks delightful. What a perfect escape. Love the landscape and nature in the background, lots of fresh air! #MondayEscapes

16. 28th November 2016 / 9:32 pm

Looks so picturesque and I love the nautical style of the boathouse! #mondayescapes

17. 29th November 2016 / 1:13 am

I have a long list of places to go too! And, like you, I do not find enough time to hit the places I would like to visit. I am a little delicate when it comes to travel. Since I am going to spend my hard earned time off, I like to do it under my conditions. I am glad you found a cozy home away from home. #MondayEscapes

18. 29th November 2016 / 3:48 am

Sounds like a wonderful place to stay in Scotland! #MondayEscapes

19. 29th November 2016 / 4:17 pm

Looks like a really nice place to relax for a weekend away. Really like the look of the Boat House. Nice one! #MondayEscapes

20. 30th November 2016 / 4:46 pm

This sounds perfect! All the things you’d want, and what a beautiful setting for it all. I’m usually a city break person as I like having options, but this sounds like it would give me plenty of those!

21. 30th November 2016 / 6:55 pm

Far too luxurious for us! :o) No, but seriously, it really does look sumptuous, and I particularly like the look of the deco in the “Boat House” restaurant. Thanks for the post, and for this very enjoyable #MondayEscapes link-up

22. 30th November 2016 / 9:29 pm

I am so with you on not wanting to stay somewhere that is not of the same quality as your own home. We are actually looking for something UK based for next summer so will certainly bear this one in mind Thanks for the tips. #MondayEscapes

23. 1st December 2016 / 10:12 am

I feel exactly the way you do about holiday lodges and homes. They have to be something special. Cameron Lodges certainly look and sound like they fit the bill. Plus, they are an Instagram dream! Holiday heaven! #MondayEscapes

24. 2nd December 2016 / 8:03 pm

I visit Scotland several times a year, but have still to take the family to Loch Lomond which is still on my bucket list. The Cameron Lodges looks a fantastic option , they offer you the space you need with a family and look great.

25. 3rd December 2016 / 4:17 pm

Looks like a nice, quiet place! #mondayescapes