My Weekly Round Up, Planning

This week has been all about planning for the future.

So much so, that it seems to be all we have thought about. We seem to have been out nearly every night looking at high schools and colleges for the boys.

It has been a real eye opener. And thankfully we have come through the week having made the decision of which school and college the boys want to apply for. At times it has been stressful. These are decisions that will affect the path their lives take so we have to get it right.

There has been some surprises along the way; one local college totally blew me away this week. The staff were so cool and inspiring. And the facilities wow! You could see the passion they had for their subjects. I left feeling that if I had worked in a college like that I would have stayed in education.

Both the boys now have a clear idea of the choices they want to make. And now these decisions have been made I feel like a weight has been lifted from my mind.

My Weekly Round Up, Planning

Everything else has been a blur of trying to keep up.

Have you noticed is how cold it had turned? The colours are changing everyday. And the autumn skies are just beautiful. I so look forward to my evening walks at this time of the year.

My gin of the week this week is the gorgeous Rock Rose Scottish gin. Omg it is so delicious, almost lemony in flavour yet dry, it so smooth, and so so good. It is available from 31 Dover in pic and mix size or a large bottle. I would suggest just get the big bottle, if you like gin you will want more. Yesterday the autumn edition arrived through my door eek; I haven’t tried it yet but after trying original Rock Rose I can’t wait.

My Weekly Round Up, Planning

So that’s it, all school and gin this week, they don’t really mix do they? Although after all those open evenings a glass or 2 of gin was exactly what the doctor ordered at the end of the week. Have a lovely weekend and catch up next week.

signature

What Katy Said

1. 15th October 2016 / 12:49 pm

A big week in your household then, glad the boys have reached their decisions now. Love the look of that gin, thanks for the recommendation! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

16th October 2016 / 9:31 am

Thanks Jocelyn, it has been a huge week and thank goodness it is over a decisions have been made. And the gin omg x

2. 15th October 2016 / 4:42 pm

I can’t even imagine my little 3 year old starting school next year – she’s an Aug babe so going to be a tiddler. Glad you have made some decisions for your boys 🙂 xx Have a good weekend x #happydays

3. 15th October 2016 / 4:43 pm

How exciting that your boys ha e made their choice and great that you had such a positive experience too! Sounds
    Like a celebratory gin was just what you needed! #HappyDays

4. 15th October 2016 / 7:20 pm

He he, gin of the week!! That totally goes with school hunting. #happydays

5. 15th October 2016 / 10:00 pm

It’s great to read about your planning and the great educational establishments out there. #WotW

16th October 2016 / 9:32 am

Ah thanks Helena, I am so glad they have decided x

6. 16th October 2016 / 3:09 pm

Good luck making decisions. I’m sure you’ll make the right one. Cheers! That drink looks amazing xx

17th October 2016 / 2:14 pm

Cheers and it it, I am loving my gin journey, and yes I feel we are getting to the end of the decision process which is feeling a bit of relief x

7. 19th October 2016 / 2:22 pm

I can imagine the glass of gin was needed after all the open evenings! Glad to hear that you have made a decision over what schools and colleges to apply for – such a big decision to make. Love that sunset photo – there certainly have been some gorgeous skies lately 🙂 #WotW

24th October 2016 / 8:44 pm

I know quite a few ha ha! And yes the skies have been beautiful haven’t they?

8. 21st October 2016 / 9:15 pm

School and gin – haha!! How are they off to high school and college?!! Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky xx

24th October 2016 / 8:50 pm

I know time has really flown Kate x

9. 22nd October 2016 / 10:50 pm

Oooh school/college searching is exciting but a little overwhelming I think! I remember looking round primary schools and that same feeling you get when buying a house – you pretty much know as soon as you walk through the door. I don’t do gin but as an aside, I love the plant in the pic! #HappyDaysLinky

24th October 2016 / 8:54 pm

Carol you have hit the nail on the head it is exactly the same xx

10. 28th October 2016 / 6:39 pm

I didn’t know you started to look for colleges a year before until I was chatting to one of my work colleagues. Suddenly hit home that it will be us in 12 months time, but you have had double the stress with high school too. No wonder you need gin…. ALL of the gin. I need to start trying different gins as they really do all taste different don’t they x

30th October 2016 / 2:39 pm

I know arghh so much to think about at the moment the gin is much needed ha ha, and do you know what I cant believe how different they all are x