My Weekly Round Up, Trying To Catch Up

This week was going to be a catch up week for me

Ha ha not a blooming chance. It has been one of those weeks where I have run in circles chasing my tail. Have I achieved anything? Not really, I have only made it to the gym once too. Yet I don’t feel like I have stopped, how on earth does that happen?

I forgot to share this last week but check out my mug the lovely Karen bought for me. It’s so cool! I have no idea where she got it from but I love it.

My Weekly Round Up

Being busy generally comes with some lovely happy moments and through the chaos there has been a few of those. We have been looking at high schools again this week, I think Joe is getting nearer to making his decision. We decided we would give him a few options to choose from and let him make the final choice.

After researching the local schools, we have visited the schools we feel are options for Joe. It’s been interesting watching him tour the schools; he has taken it very seriously.  And surprisingly has not been swayed by what his friends think. Now all we have to do is wait and hope we get the school he wants.

Autumn is officially here

Haven’t the nights drawn in early this week? I love this time of year. It feels so cozy when its dark outside we have no streetlights so its complete darkness apart from the twinkling lights on the hills in the distance. The log burner is now in use and I have new winter PJs.

My Weekly Round Up

My Weekly Round Up

I had never heard of CyberJammies  until last week and I love them. I have a real thing for PJs and CyberJammies have such a great selector of PJs for all the family, you can even mix and match. And they come in this gorgeous box; it really feels like getting a present.

Having Friends To Stay

One of my best friends came to stay this week for a catch up. The gorgeous Donna from Like Love Do nipped up from Essex for a little stay. We have been friends for over 20 years; our families have grown up together to the point that they feel more like family than friends. We had a lovely night sipping wine and chatting and even did a little blogging. Then spent the next morning at the gym working off the great food and wine in the gym.

Discovering Gin

And did I mention last week I have discovered gin! OMG all those years thinking I didn’t like it, and I LOVE it. I am a total novice, I had no ideas how many flavours and varieties there are. I won’t lie; I have been like a child in a sweet shop ha ha. So I am going to document my journey of Gin discovery and try a new gin a week.

This week I have started with a gorgeous gin. It’s a Warner Edwards Rhubarb Gin. Oh it is so so delicious. I love the sweetness of it. Who would have though Rhubarb and Gin would go, but it so does. If you want to try it out check out 31 Dover they have lots of different flavours all in sample size perfect for just trying.

My Weekly Round Up

Now I have to try to get the house straight! We have friends visiting  for dinner tonight so I am looking forward to an evening of laughter and great food. That’s once I decide what I am going to cook for dinner.

Have a fab week

signature

What Katy Said

1. 8th October 2016 / 11:35 am

You were supposed to be having a slower week! Sounds like a good one, though. It must make you proud to see Joe taking his decision so seriously and making a careful choice, I do hope he gets the school he wants. Oh, snuggly nights with gorgeous PJs and gin are what autumn’s all about! I ‘discovered’ gin a couple of years ago and it is now my go-to drink! Must try with rhubarb, sounds good x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

10th October 2016 / 10:21 pm

Jocelyn I feel so proud of him, and I know I am not sure if I will ever get a quiet week ha ha, and yes I am loving Gin x

2. 8th October 2016 / 1:24 pm

Oooh, there’s nothing better than cosying up in a nice pair of PJs! I love CyberJammies, perfect excuse to put your PJs on nice and early and chill out on the sofa. I’m a huge gin lover too, but I’ve not tried rhubarb – sounds like a great combination, and pink too! Perfect 🙂 #HappyDays

10th October 2016 / 10:22 pm

They are fab aren’t they Katy? You must try Rhubarb it is amazing x

3. 8th October 2016 / 6:33 pm

What a great week. I can’t stand gin myself but my hubby has just discovered a love of it. We have some rhubarb from the allotment and he’s bought himself some hats to make his own rhubarb gin. His favourite during the summer was Bloom gin with Fever Tree tonic and fresh strawberries. I’ll have to let him know about that website. Or maybe not, he’ll spend a fortune! ????
    #HappyDaysLinky

10th October 2016 / 10:23 pm

Ha ha he will, I think I will too and oooh thats sounds so amazing x

4. 9th October 2016 / 9:03 pm

I love Autumn too & a good excuse to get into my pjs! I’m sure I didn’t achieve anything I wanted to last week but then again I spend most of my time running around after everyone else so I must get something done?! Have a great wk next wk my lovely x

10th October 2016 / 10:32 pm

Ah thanks os much Dee, overtime I sit down to write this I think I have done nothing then I start writing and realise I haven’t stopped ha ha x

5. 10th October 2016 / 8:04 pm

I am shocked that you have just discovered gin Mrs C!!! I love a good gin and tonic and keep meaning to go to a local gin tasting night at a nearby farm shop. I love reading Donna’s blog about her travel adventures and only recently realised she was your good friend. Love the mug from Karen. High School decisions are certainly a tough choice. Katie has chosen to go to her brother’s high school which is less than 5 minutes away from us (no more school runs Woohoo). Hope you have a slower week x

10th October 2016 / 10:36 pm

Woohoo to no more school runs, although I wont be getting out of it, Joe will have to get a bus to School so will have to take him to the bus, and yes I am loving Gin x

6. 14th October 2016 / 2:27 pm

You are the second person I’ve read about today who has just discovered gin, where’ve you been?! I know what you mean about chasing your tail, that’s me all over at the moment. I say ‘at the moment’ but life never seems to get calmer, I just need to find a way to accept the chaos. Hmmmm. Loving the look of those PJs – perfect comfort clothing for the winter evenings. x x

16th October 2016 / 9:28 am

I know ha ha and I am loving it, and do you know I don’t think my life will every be calm either x

7. 14th October 2016 / 8:23 pm

First of all… I want that MUG!!!! *goes off to google….*.

Do you know, I’ve always thought I don’t like gin and seeing all the girls talking about gin all the time I wonder what the fuss is about. But you saying this has made me want to give it another try. Will have to be in a year’s time mind but I will do it! Thank you for joining in #HappyDaysLinky xx

16th October 2016 / 9:26 am

Ha ha me too, I could never get the fuss kate, but I am so getting it now x

16th October 2016 / 9:28 am

I know how cool is the mug, and Kate in a year give it a go you will love it x