My Weekly Round Up And Growing Up

Here we are another week over and it’s been a busy week again, but when is it  ever a quiet week?

I am starting to thing quiet weeks are the thing of myths, like fairies and unicorns.

My Weekly Round Up And Growing Up

This week is a huge week for us. Jack is 16 today, our gorgeous boy is growing up and getting ever nearer to being an adult.  I have a 16-year-old child arghhhhh !!!!!! It’s weird, sometimes it feels like only yesterday that he was a toddler and a baby. But sadly some memories have faded.

Our Day At Atlantis The Palm, Dubai and My Weekly Round Up And Growing Up

I so so wish I had my blog when he was little, when both the boys were little.  All those memories I could have recorded.  I have lots of photos. But they are not all digital. Lots are in the loft in a box and not as easy to access. I wish there was a service where you could send all you negatives and get them transferred to digital. There must be, I need to find it.

The weather has been awful lately hasn’t it? Some nights the rain has kept me awake way into the night it’s been so heavy. I am just hoping for a mild half term, although we have another week to wait here. I really feel like we are limping towards the holidays. The excitement  is starting to build about our trip to Loch Lomond, we are visiting the stunning Cameron Lodges soon. And they look absolutely idyllic, I cannot wait to take my camera and get some pictures of those stunning views. Check out what Rachel thought, it looks incredible.

Our trip to Greece and the amazing Ikos resorts has also been in our thoughts this week.

We had booked Ikos Oceania but have just changed to Olivia. Oceania is undergoing a revamp I cant wait to share more about that, and we will arrive in Greece just as the work is complete and it re opens, hopefully I will get to take a peek.

A Postcard From Ikos Day 3

Oceania was perfect, however we have not been to Olivia. Of course we know the standard will be exceptional as that is all you can expect from Ikos Resorts. Now all we have to do is wait till April, so exciting. And the great thing is I know how much the boys are looking forward to it. We are going to have a wonderful time chilling as A family.

My gin of the week is the autumn edition of Rock Rose. It is different to the original as the flavour is more berry infused rather than citrus,  it is oh so good. I am starting to think I am going to be rubbish at gin of the week, because so far nearly every gin is my favourite ha ha. However, saying that, I wasn’t a fan of sloe gin so that is one I can take off the list.

This really goes to show, the variety of gin available. Who knew there were so many flavours,  but one thing is for sure, I am loving discovering new flavours. I can’t believe for all those years, I thought I didn’t like gin.

My Weekly Round Up And Growing Up

Another thing I am loving is my Orla Kiely wash bags. I wrote this week how I am enjoying my gym membership and how being prepared and packed ensures I get to the gym at least three times a week. I have been feeling a little stressed if I am unable to get there. It’s funny how quickly it has become part of my routine.

5 Steps To Be Gym Ready And Use That Gym Membership

That’s me  finished for this week, I am off  for a workout and then a family meal with the birthday boy. Have a fab week and catch up next week

signature

What Katy Said

SaveSave

1. 22nd October 2016 / 5:45 pm

Oh, happy birthday to Jack! The time goes too quickly, doesn’t it? I have a Jack, my nephew, and he’s turned 20 this year yet I’d swear he was still a toddler! Lovely to have breaks to look forward to, we’ve literally been talking today about where to go next summer so we’re in the process of short listing now. Hope you have a fab break x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

24th October 2016 / 8:52 pm

Ah thanks Jocelyn I think he is enjoying being 16, and I love having a break to look forward too x

2. 22nd October 2016 / 6:59 pm

Happy birthday to Jack! Hope you all have a lovely meal to celebrate – 16 seems so grown up! I love the sound of the Rock Rose gin – I love a subtle berry infusion, and I’m a huge fan of gin, so that sounds perfect! #happydays

24th October 2016 / 8:53 pm

Ah thanks Katie, he has had a good weekend, we will celebrate when we re away next week too. And the Rock Rose Gin is gorgeous you have to try it x

24th October 2016 / 8:54 pm

3. 23rd October 2016 / 9:49 pm

I hope Jack had a lovely birthday 16 comes around far too quickly. Your plans for half term sound lovely I hope the weather is kind to you. #WotW

4. 23rd October 2016 / 10:42 pm

Happy birthday to our sixteen year old!! Time does go by so very quickly
    I do like your Orla Kiely washbag and I know what you mean about the gym. Once you start it does make you feel better – even though sometimes getting there can mean making a real effort – but once you get into the habit it really does feel good.
    Enjoy half term, sounds like you have it sorted and some great things planned!
    #WoTW

24th October 2016 / 9:04 pm

Ah thanks he we are looking forward to our celebrations next weekend. And yes the gym does make you feel so much better x

5. 24th October 2016 / 3:13 pm

I have put all my photos onto my laptop using a scanner part of the printer which worked really well. I was worried about losing mine too #HappyDaysLinky

24th October 2016 / 9:12 pm

Amie I have thousands, there must be a way x

6. 28th October 2016 / 10:18 pm

Those bags!! Gorgeous!! Ah I hope the birthday celebrations went well – 16 oh my goodness!! Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky xx

30th October 2016 / 2:40 pm

I know aren’t they? Know the time is flying Kate x

7. 1st November 2016 / 5:39 pm

Happy 16th birthday to Jack. I know what you mean about recording memories from when they were little. We have tons of photo albums hidden in the loft, and a few grainy videos from when Morgan was a baby. I just know that you will love Olivia just as much as Oceania, and it will be interesting to hear from you how they compare. I am sure the service will be just as incredible as you experienced last year. Give me a shout if you need any information about Olivia. We very nearly booked to go back again in April, how awesome would that have been being there at the same time x

5th November 2016 / 8:23 pm

Ah that would have been amazing Tracey, I cant wait it looks amazing but I will be picking your brain to find out more and have been reading your posts x