Welcome to, or Welcome Back to Monday Escapes on this October Monday Morning. How can it be October already? I’ve spent a fab weekend in the North Yorkshire Dales at the stunning Greenbank Barns a fabulous holiday home with Holidays at Home. And wow the weather has been great, we really seem to be clinging on to that sunshine.
Claire at Tin Box Traveller and Lisa at Travel Loving Family Karen at Mini Travellers (my lovely co-host today)and I have taken over the mantle from Ting & Allane who created Monday Escapes and hope to continue to grow the wonderful community they created. And eeek today is my turn!
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
Claire and Lisa’s favourite posts from last week and their thoughts are:
Clara’s post gave me serious trip envy. I loved the idea of having a day off mum duties to go on a wine tour
Sima shares some great tips for places to visit in Austria and her photographs are spectacular
Allison shares her four reasons why her and her husband do not wait to take their young children to Disney. I read the post with great interest as it is a subject my husband and I have debated lots over the last year.
Cindy shares her top recommendations for places to visit with kids in Bali including the Bali Turtle Sanctuary to release baby sea turtles back into the wild and a visit to the Ubud Monkey Forest to hand feed the monkeys!
And their favourite Instagram pics from last week are; ( Don’t forget to click on the images to see more of these great feeds)
Travel With Nanob
Truly Madly Kids
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the 2 co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links @minitravellers @sarahjchristie @tinboxtraveller or @travellovinfam, please use #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will show those photos some love.
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday to Wednesday. Every fortnight we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Fortnight via Instagram.
There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
[apsp-board-widget board_url=”https://uk.pinterest.com/mytravelmonkey/monday-escapes/” custom_size=’custom’ image_width=”100″ board_height=”300″ board_width=”400″]
[inlinkz_linkup id=667518 mode=1]