My Weekly Round Up And Home

Summer is over, wow that went quick didn’t it?

We came back home and down to earth from a mad couple of days on Tuesday. It has been fantastic but a bit of a whirlwind. I have learnt so much from this summer and how I will plan my trips for the future.  And how long we will travel for in the summer. Of course our amazing Dubai trip was a competition prize and was wonderful. But I really should have filled our time up before that.

My Weekly Round Up And Home

It has been quite hard being home for the summer. I was so excited about all the things we would do. But in reality, I was a glorified taxi driver for the boys.  Meaning they had a great time, whilst I was frazzled, fed up and got nothing done. Life changes so much as they grow up and need you less. It’s a funny stage as they aren’t old enough to fend for themselves, but want to do their own thing.

The frustrating thing was on the rare occasions it was hot and sunny and I thought hoorah sunbathing day, they wanted to go out grrr. Fortunately Joe and I had a few lovely days out together but next year we will plan a summer trip that keeps us away for at least a couple of weeks.

The boys get on so much better when they are traveling.  And we can all do things as a family rather than them being distracted by football, going out and wanting to spent time in their room. I have a few ideas but need to pin them all down to agree and get some flights booked.

My problem is when I have too much choice I can’t decide.

I keep changing my mind. Once the flights are booked I can focus on planning rather than being a child in a sweetshop and keep changing my mind.

My ideal would be Dubai for a week and a cruise. Or an American Road trip and the Caribbean either an island or cruise. Or a French or Italian adventure then a cruise! See I can’t make my mind up!  There is so much to see and explore in the world, so many placed I want to see.

My Weekly Round Up And Home

My Weekly Round Up And Home

But one thing I love about going away is coming home. It’s always sad when our travels end, but then we arrive home to the gorgeous Lancashire countryside and I remember how lucky we are to live somewhere so gorgeous.

And for now I will embrace getting back to normal, I am off to join the gym this week I have wanted to do it all summer but not had time. And am looking forward to being able to work in peace. I know the boys are happy to be getting back to school and routine, because we all need a little routine in life.

What Katy Said

1. 3rd September 2016 / 12:08 pm

It sounds like youll be happy to get back into routine! Lets face it, lovely as it is to go with the flow, routine and normality is just as nice in many ways – getting things done for one! #happydays

3rd September 2016 / 6:07 pm

Yes Carol, I am looking forward to a bit of routine x

2. 3rd September 2016 / 7:12 pm

Oh, you’ve some lovely ideas there. I can’t decide what to do next year either- as you say, so many places to see! You’re right, you need to commit to a plan and then go for it- but what’s the rush, right?! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

4th September 2016 / 7:31 pm

Ha ha yes but if you have a plan you can organise Jocelyn, I get stressed if I haven’t planned my travel a year ahead. Mad, I know x

3. 6th September 2016 / 11:27 am

Your time in Dubai looked so lovely so I can imagine you want to plan and get excited about the next holiday but you have so many choices – what’s a girl to do?! Planning & researching can be lots of fun, too, plenty of time to get excited for the next trip!
    #WoTW

7th September 2016 / 10:01 pm

It was fantastic Tracey but yes planning is always so exciting, for me it is a huge part of our holiday x

4. 7th September 2016 / 7:18 am

We had to be out every day this summer else the boys would go a bit nuts and I’d get really frazzled. I was kind of dreading 6 weeks with two but it ended up being really nice. But I think that’s because they’re at the age where I can take them to do whatever I’ve planned for them. Z is already dumping me to have sleepovers at my mums! I give it a couple more years before he wants varying about :). Your Dubai trip looked amazing and a cruise sounds so good! I’ve never been on one but maybe it might be time in a year or so!

7th September 2016 / 10:11 pm

You would love a cruise Tas, and Dubai was fantastic we loved it. I think the older they get holidays change so much, if we are away and they are occupied but at home grrrr ! x

5. 7th September 2016 / 8:27 pm

I have just been writing about how different this summer holidays has been as I was feeling a little redundant. I loved following your Dubai adventure, and I must admit I am like you and already thinking about next year. I really missed a proper holiday away this summer (though we did sneak in a weekend break right at the end), and my mind has been in overdrive wondering what to do x

7th September 2016 / 10:16 pm

I know I think its too long to be at home with teems isn’t it, I need a plan so we are busy for most of the summer next year x