My Weekly Round Up, New Year And Birthdays

It feels like a new year

It’s so weird, maybe because I have been a teacher for so long. But September always feels like a fresh new year for me too. The boys are back and school, both have important years ahead of them. Jack is in his GCSE year, although I wish he were less laid back about it. And Joe is in his SATs year, and looking at and choosing a high school.

As they both headed back and settled in this year I sighed a huge sigh of relief.  Both seem happy and content and ready for the year ahead.My Weekly Round Up, New Year

I finally got around to joining the gym this week

Being less active in my work has been ok so far, but I am aware that I cannot get away with it much longer. When I was teaching I was on my feet and darting about all day. Now I spend more time at a desk I need to make sure I am getting to the gym, swimming and doing classes to keep my fitness levels up and the weight down.

So far this week I have had lunch at the gym oops, but the food is so good! Been for a swim and had my gym induction. It felt so good to being getting back into it. I loved the gym before Joe was born. But having two little ones and a husband who used to work away lots meant I had no time for the gym.

The great thing about the boys getting older and needing me less (which I have struggled with a bit) is that I have more time for me. Going to the gym or spa used to be impossibility unless I went instead of sleeping! I can now enjoy my time working out.

We have enjoyed a bit of sunshine

We have had some lovely sunny days this week. But I knew it was short-lived, so have finally got round to building and filling my new garden shed. Thank goodness I did as it rained for hours yesterday. Fortunately all my new garden furniture and cushions are all safely locked away until next year. So sad to think that summer is over, but exciting as September is my favourite month, I LOVE this time of year. It is also my birthday this week, so I will be celebrating with some of my favourite people over the weekend. And then working it all off in the gym next week.

My Weekly Round Up, New Year

Have a lovely weekend and catch up next week.

signature
Quite Frankly She Said

1. 10th September 2016 / 7:28 pm

I agree about September seeming like the new year I’ve always felt like that, hope you have a wonderful birthday next week. #WotW

2. 10th September 2016 / 10:24 pm

Well done you for joining the gym! I’ve totally lost all motivation for exercise lately and need to get going again! And yay for sunny days! x

13th September 2016 / 8:43 pm

I know and today has been so hot, although as I type there is an almighty storm outside. But I am loving the gym x

3. 10th September 2016 / 10:44 pm

Great pic at the end and great that you’re getting back to the gym! #HappyDays

13th September 2016 / 8:46 pm

Thank you Carol I am loving the gym so much, I didn’t realise how much I have missed it x

4. 11th September 2016 / 7:20 pm

September does feel like the start of a new year, I know what you mean. I have my uni that starts again soon, so that makes me feel it’s all go again, so that’s probably it! Glad you’re enjoying getting back to the gym and I hope you have a lovely birthday x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

16th September 2016 / 8:48 am

Ah thanks Jocelyn, I am loving the gym and getting lots of use of my membership. I even worked from there one day this week! And my birthday was fab I was thoroughly spoilt x

5. 11th September 2016 / 8:33 pm

I am definitely with you in September being more of a new start. Glad the boys seem content with going back to school, and you will be a sobbing mess come July Sarah. I will be bad enough with just the one child leaving school. I think you might need to get your garden furniture back out this week as it’s meant to be in the mid twenties this week! Crazy weather. Have a fantastic Sarah. We need a coffee catch up soon x

16th September 2016 / 8:51 am

I know I will Tracey, although hopefully looking forward to an adventure, what ever we decide to book! And yes what amazing weather we have had this week its been amazing x

6. 11th September 2016 / 9:04 pm

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Sarah! Loved your Sunflowers picture. I feel like I’m at the same stage you were . Im running around all day then trying to blog! I keep saying it will get easier! lol xx

7. 12th September 2016 / 7:15 am

Happy new year to you 🙂 it does feel like a new beginning and I hope it’s a brilliant one for both your boys. The gym sounds really good (well, the food does. Ha!). And a huge Happy Birthday to you!!!

8. 12th September 2016 / 7:54 pm

Nice to get back to the gym, wish I could but cannot afford to go.
    Hope the school years go well for them both. #WotW

9. 12th September 2016 / 10:27 pm

For teachers, September must always seem like the new year, especially when you have your own children too. Everything changes as September starts. doesn’t it? So Happy New Year to you, I hope that as well as being a ‘big one’ for your kids, it’s also a good one for you. #WotW

10. 17th September 2016 / 10:36 am

It’s a long time since I was at school and I don’t have school age children, but I always feel like September is a new start to the year as well – something about moving into autumn maybe? I really need to get back on the exercise wagon too – I’ve neglected it lately and I can feel the sluggishness creeping in!

18th September 2016 / 9:38 pm

Yes it probably is Katie, oh I am loving the gym. Its amazing how much better I am feeling already just for getting there x