Lunch With a Difference at Vapiano Manchester

Manchester is one of our favourite cities.

We are so lucky to live not too far from Manchester City Centre. This makes it an easy place to get too by car, train or bus should we fancy a shop, dinner out or just a mooch around the cocktail bars.

Lucky for us, the boys love Manchester too. So it is a perfect choice for an afternoon lunch out, as we know it is somewhere they will never moan about visiting. There is something so cool about Manchester isn’t there? So when we got the chance to try our Vapiano Manchester we jumped at the chance. Because for our boys Italian is always a winner.

Before we visited I was a bit apprehensive when I heard the concept of Vapiano, in my mind I felt like it should not work. But after visiting and experience this super cool restaurant, it so does work.

Lunch With a Difference at Vapiano Manchester

Vapiano is a self-service restaurant, but not a buffet restaurant.

When you arrive you register and get issued a credit card each. You choose your table and like any restaurant get offered drinks which are served via waiter service.

Here is where it is so different. You choose your meal from your menu, then order yourself from the correct counter and swipe your card to add it too your bill. But unlike a buffet restaurant your meal is then freshly prepared and cooked in front of you. The great thing is you can add to your meal.  I had a pasta dish with extra salmon and no pepper. And you know it is exactly as ordered.

It’s a novel concept but one that really worked for our family. The boys loved ordering and choosing their own meal. We could have done it for them but they wanted that level of independence and Vapiano allowed that freedom to do so.

Lunch With a Difference at Vapiano Manchester

Our food was fresh and delicious. The boys thoroughly enjoyed their food and trust me our two are fussy. Dessert was the same concept and had a great choice of delicious desserts and coffees including espressos.

At the end to take you cards to the desk to be swiped and settle your bill.

What I loved the most about Vapiano Manchester is the laid back chilled atmosphere and super stylish decor. When you are eating out as a family its great to find somewhere unique that is reasonable priced. Yet maintains that cool city feeling,  makes families feel welcome and I felt Vapiano got this so right.

But don’t take my work for it, click on the link to check our Joe’s little live video he filmed whilst we were there.

1. 6th September 2016 / 7:35 pm

What a unique idea for a restaurant – I bet the boys felt very grown up ordering their own food and swiping their credit cards.

7th September 2016 / 10:08 pm

Yes it is, but they loved it and the food was so good. Such a fun but cool place to visit for lunch x

2. 6th September 2016 / 8:53 pm

What a fantastic idea. I love it when food’s cooked in front of you – somehow, it always seems to make it taste even more fresh.

7th September 2016 / 10:09 pm

Yes I agree Nell, it really is a cool place to eat x

3. 7th September 2016 / 7:57 pm

Love the idea SO much – works better than waiting bored at a table for food! Love the vlog too he’s a star Sarah xx

7th September 2016 / 10:12 pm

Jess it was a fab concept, and the boys loved sorting themselves out x

4. 7th September 2016 / 10:26 pm

I loooooooovvveeee Vapiano. The service is always amazing and the food is divine. It was one of the first restaurants we went to when we moved to Zurich. Our German was dreadful at the beginning and we ended up ordering about ten bowls of pasta instead of two. I say ‘we’, but I really mean Paul 😉

12th September 2016 / 8:36 pm

Ha ha that is so funny, Rachel we loved it so much too. What a great concept and fantastic food x

5. 8th September 2016 / 10:08 am

I’ve been waiting to read about this since seeing Joe’s video and I love it! The whole idea of it really appeals to me and it looks so different and cool in there. I’ve never heard of it before and it must work so well for fussier eaters, what a great idea, so glad you enjoyed it xx

12th September 2016 / 8:40 pm

Ah thanks Hayley we moved it, in fact the boys keep asking to go back which is a true sign they loved it x

6. 8th September 2016 / 9:46 pm

I loved seeing Joe’s video (little star in the making) and this is such a different concept. I get why it totally works, especially for families, as the kids can just go off and order themselves. If only they can pay for themselves too. Fab review x

13th September 2016 / 8:21 pm

Ha ha wouldn’t that be nice Tracey. But honestly it is so fab we loved it there x