My Weekly Round Up, Birthdays and Award Ceremonies

This week has gone so quickly.

It has been filled with birthdays, country walks and mazing award ceremonies. It has been so much fun. I have had a fab birthday, Chris and the boys really spoilt me, taking me out for dinner on Sunday and cooking a lovely birthday tea on Monday with of course cake. On Monday I spent the afternoon having lunch with one of my besties. I probably ate far too much but it was delicious and as it was my birthday I felt I could spoil myself a little.

I have also managed to visit the gym most days for either a workout or swim. And I am so enjoying getting back into it, your forgot how great a workout makes you feel don’t you?

My Weekly Round Up, Birthdays and Award Ceremonies

And wow how amazing has the weather been this week, so hot and sunny. Apart from the almighty storm we had on Wednesday night, it was so ferocious that we lost power and water for a while. The road at one stage looked like it might flood. But one of the bonuses of living on top of a hill is that the water does run away into the fields below. It was spectacular to watch, but I must say I felt a little relieved when it was all over.

I am currently on the train on my was back from London and the amazing MAD blog awards. I had such a great evening celebrating with friends, and meeting bloggers I engage with all the time but hadn’t met. And although I did not bring an award home, I am super proud to have got into the final. And congratulations to all the winners especially the lovely Karen for winning best Travel Blogger.

My Weekly Round Up, Birthdays and Award Ceremonies

Here I am with the lovely Caro, Jess, Karen, Amy and Julia

Blogging has changed my life, given me the opportunity to do something I love. I was always happy as a hairdressing teacher, I adore all things creative. But when I discovered blogging and a love for photography everything changed. It is an amazing way to share my likes and loves. And I love the people and places it has brought our way.

Hopefully I will be home within a couple of hours, I am starving and really need to eat something a bit stodgy. I am looking forward to a chill out evening in my pjs with the men in my life.

Have a fab week

signature

What Katy Said

1. 17th September 2016 / 4:23 pm

Sounds like a fab week and wishing you a belated happy birthday 🙂 #happydayslinky

18th September 2016 / 9:39 pm

Thanks you Emma yes it has been x

2. 17th September 2016 / 5:09 pm

What a fabulous week! Glad you had a lovely birthday and you’re enjoying getting back into the gym again. It does feel good when you’re in the swing of it. You look gorgeous there, along with those other lovely ladies, well done for getting to the finals! Sounds like a great night – I watched some on periscope as my good friend Emma won Video and Blog of the Year so I was crying along with her as I was sat in bed!!! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

18th September 2016 / 9:40 pm

Ah thanks Jocelyn yes it was fab and its amazing news about Emma and so well deserved x

3. 17th September 2016 / 10:10 pm

What a fab week! Happy Birthday, sounds lovely. You all look lovely dressed up for the MADs, so lovely to meet up with people you met online x #happydays

18th September 2016 / 9:41 pm

ah thank you Laura, and yes it is so lovely, its so great meet up with people you chat too though blogging x

4. 19th September 2016 / 11:05 pm

I think that’s a really special week. I was so sad you didn’t win at the MADs but you don’t need an award to know that you’re pretty brilliant!!

20th September 2016 / 10:32 pm

Ah Rachel that is so lovely, it has been a special week in some ways and areas. You know my attitude to awards I am thrilled for the winners but I am also happy with a place in the final too x

5. 24th September 2016 / 7:59 pm

It sounds like it was a fab evening! I wish I had been there! Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky xx

27th September 2016 / 9:26 pm

Ah you were missed lovely and yes it was fab x

6. 4th October 2016 / 11:55 am

How did I miss commenting on this post. Hope you had a wonderful birthday Sarah and sounds as if your boys really spoiled you. I was rooting for you at The Mads as I was watching on Periscope in the kitchen (not quite as glamorous as being there). Love the picture of you all looking totally gorgeous x

7th October 2016 / 9:59 pm

Ah thanks Tracey, I am thrilled for Jenny and happy with my plate in the final and I had a fab birthday x