A Week Through My Feet, My Weekly Round Up

I am doing things a little differently this week.

When I got invited to share my week through my feet by the lovely people at Luxury Flooring I was a bit giddy, I do love a foot selfie, what a different way to view a week. So here is my week through my feet and my weekly round-up.

It’s been a manic week. I can’t believe it has flown so quickly and autumn is here. The weather is pleasant enough but the tell-tale signs, the cool mornings and cold evenings, beautiful sunsets and leaves falling from the tree’s. This is my favourite season, and I am enjoying the subtle but beautiful changes.

Our drive is finally finished. Hoorah it seems like it has taken forever. I have ranted and rolled my eyes lots, I couldn’t get over the fact we could have gone a 2-week cruise for the same price. But I have to say Chris has worked hard to get it perfect, and as far a drives go it looks fab. I love how some of the edging cobbles have fossilised leaves in them, I wish they all did, it looks so pretty.

A Week Through My Feet

At the weekend I went down to London for the MAD blog awards.

I had a fab time with friends, I talked about that last week a little. Here are a few shots of my journey. You can’t go to London and not get a mind the gap shot can you?  I did intend to get a glamour dolled up feet in sparkly shoes shot. But after 2 wines I totally forgot eeek!

A Week Through My Feet

A Week Through My Feet

Once home from London lots of fresh air was needed. I have been on lots of long walks this week, Toby and I have a walk date every day. It is our time to chill, he likes to get some exercise and case out the neighborhood for new animals and there have been loads this week.

My Instagram stories have been full of cows and calves. I love cows but am terrified of them. Its ok to get near if there is a cattle grid between us;  they can’t cross them. They are such beautiful animals but I am scared they are going to run me down! I know weird!

A Week Through My Feet

Joe has also tagged along on the odd walk as he has been taking photos for his competition, he has one more he wants to get for the final category then he is done.

A Week Through My Feet

I have managed to fit in quite a few visits to the gym this week

They have been much-needed as Jack has been in full teen mode grr! I am finding a session in the gym works wonders with teen tension! Its great to have a swim after a workout too. Although I have been so bad this week, and used the gym as a reason to eat more. I need to get out of this, as I do want to lose a little weight. Once I do then I can use this method to maintain my weight.

A Week Through My Feet

A Week Through My Feet, My Weekly Round Up

Yesterday I went to Denby for the day, arghhh I LOVE Denby and spent the day with some lovely bloggers, the pr team and Denby’s design director Richard Eaton. It was an incredible day I will share more about it later, but wow I will never look at a plate in quite the same way again.

A Week Through My Feet

This weekend it is Joe’s 11th Birthday; I know how did that happen my gorgeous boy is growing up. He decided he would like to take a friend to Blackpool Pleasure Beach instead of having a party.

dsc00454

And do you know what? I was thrilled with this. I think my kids party days are over, and the mere thought of a play area brings me out in a sweat. Have a fab weekend whatever you are up to and catch up next week.

signature

What Katy Said

1. 23rd September 2016 / 1:58 pm

Wow I love this post! The photos are great what a good idea! And I’m totally envious of you with the Denby visit ! How fantastic!

27th September 2016 / 8:41 pm

Ah thanks Donna, I loved taking feet photos all week, and Denby was AMAZING xx

2. 23rd September 2016 / 2:16 pm

Love a week through your feet! What a great way to share your week, so many fabulous shots. I do hope Joe has a fabulous birthday and you all enjoy Blackpool x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

27th September 2016 / 8:50 pm

Ah thanks Jocelyn it has been good fun and Joe had a great birthday thank you x

3. 23rd September 2016 / 2:59 pm

Your feet have been to some lovely places this week. I really like the swimming pool photo.

27th September 2016 / 9:02 pm

Ha ha they have Anne, it was lovely to meet you at the mads x

4. 23rd September 2016 / 9:31 pm

Love this Sarah and what a great way to show your week through your feet. You have some gorgeous shoes by the way. God yes teen mode. We had a night last night with our teen, I could have quite happily disappeared for the night (in the pub with about 10 gins lol). Oh yes I am totally with you about no more kids parties. This year Katie took her friend to a Little Mix concert instead of a party. And the best bit, I got to go along and party too. Have a great birthday Joe x

27th September 2016 / 9:05 pm

Ah thank you! I do love shoes. And yes hoorah for no more kiddies parties we had a fab day at Blackpool x

5. 24th September 2016 / 12:05 am

What a great post to look thru life via our feet – like Tracey, I was marvelling at the number of different shoes you have and their colours!!
    Hope your boy had a happy birthday and how lovely for you not to see the inside of a Play Area again for one o ft those monster, all-of-the-class invited parties!
    #WoTW

27th September 2016 / 9:12 pm

Ha ha I love shoes, Joe had a fab birthday thanks Tracey xx

6. 24th September 2016 / 4:14 pm

Aw sounds a lovely week!! Love all the feet captures – some lovely shots and love your sandals!
    Happy birthday to your lad! Sadly my days of soft play are still very much at large for the moment, but the thought of a simple day out sounds wonderful! 🙂 x

27th September 2016 / 9:14 pm

Ah enjoy it while you can Imogene, although I am glad those days are over, yet sad they are growing up so quickly x

7. 25th September 2016 / 1:52 pm

Ooh, looking forward to hearing about your Denby trip! I love those fossilised leaves in the driveway slates too – what a lovely touch. Happy Birthday to Joe – hope you all had a wonderful time! I long for the days of play areas being over with!

28th September 2016 / 8:54 pm

It was amazing Katy, and I know the leaves are so pretty I am so pleased with them. Joe had such a lovely birthday thank you x

8. 25th September 2016 / 7:43 pm

Great idea. Didn’t think I’d be keen on a foot selfie, but why not?! I’ve noted that the gym is a good tension beater for when we have a teenager in the house! #HappyDays

28th September 2016 / 9:48 pm

Ha ha I love a foot selfie and yes I love an hour i the gym it really helps x

9. 26th September 2016 / 6:30 am

Great idea to do this blog – I love it! Not sure I would want to get my trotters out though! #happydays

28th September 2016 / 9:53 pm

Ha ha, I dont mind getting my feet out x

10. 26th September 2016 / 8:18 pm

Love the concept of a week through your feet. Such a great idea! Love all your pictures, such a varied week and all looking down! This post made me happy! #happydayds

11. 26th September 2016 / 9:49 pm

Looks a busy week, and quite varied too. And some great shoes! #wotw

28th September 2016 / 10:26 pm

Thank you yes it has been a mad week, sadly the sandals have gone away this week x

12. 28th September 2016 / 10:38 am

Ah these are great Sarah…I never thought I would be so excited looking at a drive but you’re right, the fossilised leaves really are amazing! What a busy week but good you managed to fit in the gym and walks. You are right to be afraid of the cows, a couple of times they ran at us on DofE walks, I love cows but they can be a little scary. Always seemed to be the black and white ones so maybe the others are more docile, haha! xx

28th September 2016 / 10:30 pm

I know aren’t they pretty Hayley, ha ha maybe it is the black and white cows I was chased by one too when I was a teenager xx

13. 4th October 2016 / 6:06 am

Haha just as my party days are beginning yours are ending- I’m jealous already! Loving all the feet photos, what a great idea! Also, I was chased by a herd of cows as a child so definitely know your fear!! Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

7th October 2016 / 9:40 pm

Kate, as much as I am glad it is over enjoy every minute as very soon you will be looking at high schools weeps x