My Weekly Round Up, Sunshine

Hoorah for sunshine.

Because lets face it? It was looking nothing like summer, and then Monday morning the sunshine arrived and stayed a whole week. Lets hope it is back with us soon.

As a result the week has flown. The sunshine most definitely makes you feel better. We have totally made the most of it and been on lots of country walks, stopping for ice cream along the way.

My Weekly Round Up, Sunshine

We have spent time with friends, and Joe has got to splash in the river with his bestie. Whilst one of my besties and I sat on the riverbank chatting and wishing we had a sun-bed and cocktail. It’s amazing, put kids in a river where they can splash about and climb and they are happy for hours.

My Weekly Round Up, Sunshine

My Weekly Round Up, Sunshine

Jack has been nowhere to be seen, and has been off with his friends playing football. I suppose that’s all part of growing up, but it takes some getting used to let me tell you? I remember being his age and always being out, building my own social circle. It feels so odd, but if he wasn’t going out a mixing with friends I would be worrying he was a recluse. I am not sure you are ever ready for the time when your children start to need you less.

I can’t believe we are off on our hols this week

Arghh. I have been saying this for weeks, but I really need to start packing. Now! But when I was faced with the choice to pack or chill in the garden on a beanbag, the beanbag won. There is no choice this week; it is time for a bit of heavy-duty packing. I have also been practicing on Instagram stories, and panoramic photos in preparation.  We are going to see some breathtaking sights, so I want to be able to share them.

Joe and I took a trip to Manchester today

We headed to the MSI for a Dyson event with the lovely people at Curry’s. I will share more soon but we had a fab day. Joe had such a great time learning about the technology behind Dyson. And it was great to chat with some lovely bloggers too. Joe made a few friends and left really excited about the event.

My Weekly Round Up, Sunshine

My Weekly Round Up, Sunshine

See you next week when my round-up will be from Dubai arghhh I may just be a little bit giddy. I can’t wait to share my postcards of what we are up too. And so excited to have an incredible new landscape to photograph. We are so lucky living out in the countryside, but its nice to have a change of scenery every one in a while isn’t it. Have a fab week x

What Katy Said

1. 20th August 2016 / 5:36 pm

Ah I’m sure at some point Jack will just want to spend lots of time with you again. I think all teens go through this phase, including me. I remember running out first thing in the morning and not coming back till late. So excited to see what you get up to in Dubai. (If you can then definitely do the Burj khalifa, go peek inside Burj al Arab, do a desert safari and BBQ dinner!). Can’t wait to see all your pics!

20th August 2016 / 8:57 pm

Ha ha I hope so Tas, and we are so excited now x

2. 20th August 2016 / 8:36 pm

The sunshine definitely makes everything better! I’m looking forward to reading all about Dubai next week!

20th August 2016 / 8:58 pm

Ah thanks Karen and yes hoorah for sunshine its has been glorious hasn’t it? x

20th August 2016 / 9:46 pm

Thanks Katie and yes hoorah for sunshine its been a wonderful week x

3. 21st August 2016 / 3:29 pm

Looks like you made the most of the few sunny days we had, it’s blink and you miss it at the moment isn’t it , have a wonderful holiday #WotW

21st August 2016 / 7:49 pm

Haha yes it has, but lets hope for some more sunshine x

4. 21st August 2016 / 5:31 pm

It has been so nice to have some sunshine, hasn’t it? It’s changed our week, too, in that we spent more time outdoors. Though as I type this there’s a downpour here so I do hope the sun comes back! Good luck with the packing, have a fabulous holiday x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

21st August 2016 / 7:52 pm

It been amazing but torrential rain here now too grrr ! x

23rd August 2016 / 8:46 pm

So right Kate it does, and thanks we cant wait xx

5. 22nd August 2016 / 12:00 am

Oh I’m not looking forward to the teen years – I hope Jack’s just going thru a phase, but what do I know about teens?!
    Fingers crossed our weather holds for the next few weeks of the summer holidays and it sounds like you’re making the most of the weather and getting outside. It does feel good doesn’t it?!
    Enjoy your holiday next week. Super jealous..heheh!!
    #WordoftheWeek

23rd August 2016 / 8:47 pm

Ha ha he has good days and teen days Tracey. Thank goodness we have had a lovely day but have had a week of horrendous rain. Yes the sun makes you feel so much better x

6. 26th August 2016 / 8:58 pm

The weather can really make or break a week I think. I hope Dubai is amaaaazing! Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

31st August 2016 / 9:17 pm

Ah thank you, it was Sian xx

7. 26th August 2016 / 9:21 pm

Love that they paddled in the river! Cannot WAIT to see more of your photos this week- already sounds like you are having a fab time! Thanks for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

31st August 2016 / 9:18 pm

Ah thanks Kate it has been amazing x

8. 26th August 2016 / 11:01 pm

I totally agree about this past week going so fast, and what a welcome sight the sun has been. Though in London the tube was so hot and stuffy when we were down there for a few days. I am so excited for your Dubai trip and cannot wait to see all your pictures x

31st August 2016 / 9:18 pm

Ah thanks Tracey, it was fab xx

9. 28th August 2016 / 10:01 pm

Definitely hooray for sunshine – and have been enjoying your Dubai shots, have a fab time 🙂 #wotw