My Weekly Round Up, A Little Catch Up

I haven’t shared a round up for a couple of weeks.

So much has gone on, in some ways life for some of those around us have changed forever. And sometimes there are just no words. I did write a round up last week and then deleted it as it seemed a bit blah! But its time for a little catch up. There are so many positive things in life, things to be thankful for. Family, great friends a lovely roof over our head. And I am positive that situations for some of our favourite people are going to improve.

The weather has been a total wash out this week.

I am thinking having a garden is a total waste of time in the UK. But thankfully Joe has been pre occupied with football club this week. The crazy thing is when I had to return to work halfway through the summer the boys would not do summer clubs. They begged me not to book summer club. I am so lucky that Chris’s Mum was able to help us out. And the boys had a great time with their grandparents.

This year Joe was desperate to go to the summer club at Burnley Football Club. I booked him in for a week and he loved every minute. He made lots of friends and the team that run the club are incredible with the kids. So much so, he is disappointed he is not going next week.  I have to say a huge thank you to the team at Burnley Football Club they made one boy very happy this week, we will definitely be rebooking.

Our Dubai trip is looking exciting!

We go in just over a week’s time and have started to get a few details of what we will be up to during our adventure. It will be fantastic. We have lots of exciting adventures planned. I really need to start packing, and think all our shopping is complete now, after another trip to the Trafford Centre with Jack. I may have also bought lots of coffee too which is becoming a bit of an addiction.

My Weekly Round Up, A Little Catch Up

We have also had a meeting with Jacks diabetes team to discuss a strategy for dealing with the heat. Although we travel loads, as Jack grows and his insulin levels changes we have to adjust our travel strategy. And with the promise of hot hot weather we need to be prepared. His team are amazing and have offered a few options to ensure he gets his sugar right. I can’t stress enough how important they are to us. Such a great source of support and have ensured diabetes has not held Jack back one little bit.

This weekend has been filled with friends and laughter and cocktails

With the football season back in swing I got the chance to enjoy a long lunch with friends yesterday. You know one of those lunches when you just laugh so much. 2 of my lovely friends have special birthdays this year so we were planning birthday celebrations and compiling a list of things we need to do in the next year. Although the list is ever so slightly long so it may take a year of two to get through. But we have many happy times ahead. And a long list to enjoy working through.

I have also done a little more cocktail making lately and shared this delicious recipe for a mango daiquiri. It is so easy and so so good.

Frozen Mango Daiquiri Cocktail, a delicious frozen cocktail

Last night we attended a ball to raise money for the Wils Wishes charity fund. An amazing charity, but one no family should ever have to set up. It was so difficult listening to the speeches, especially that of his incredible Mum talking through every parents worse nightmare. And how she and her family have turned that around to do amazing things for others in memory of their Son. The ball was a huge success and a wonderful evening spent with great friends. And hopefully lots of money raised.

This week I am hoping for a bit of sunshine, dust my camera off which I haven’t really picked up in over a week and get out for some country walks and the odd ice cream. Joe and I also plan to go and see the BFG which I am a bit giddy about. Have a great week, and catch up soon x

What Katy Said

1. 14th August 2016 / 7:01 pm

Lovely to hear what you’ve been up to. Glad the football club went down well, and how typical that he’s now keen to go back when you don’t need him, too?! Hope you get your wishes for the week ahead and the countdown to Dubai sounds wonderful x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

15th August 2016 / 9:18 pm

I know ha ha typical kids, ah thank you we have a lovely sunny day today. And yes I am getting excited now x

2. 14th August 2016 / 8:45 pm

I know exactly what you mean about the weather!! I bought some lovely things for the garden but they’ve sat in the kitchen for the past two months because it has been to wet to put them out for more than an hour. Same with summer clothes. Is there really a need?! I want to get out with my camera this week, too. I feel like I’ve been taking photos for bits of work because I have too but I miss ambling round taking photos for no reason x

15th August 2016 / 9:19 pm

Its so frustrating isn’t it grrr! Its funny almost like I have been on a go slow lately I need to turn it up a gear Rachel x

3. 15th August 2016 / 9:28 pm

I can see how a summer club at a football ground might be more appealing than the bog standard ones! But how typical he’s now keen to go! Hope you have a fantastic trip to Dubai – I always love the excitement of the anticipation nearly as much as the holiday itself! #HappyDays

17th August 2016 / 9:10 pm

I know so typical ha ha, I know same here Katy although I really do need to start packing x

4. 17th August 2016 / 5:48 pm

I hope you have a wonderful time in Dubai! That coffee looks delish! #happydayslinky

17th August 2016 / 9:13 pm

Thank you I am sure we will, and ooh it is, I am getting a little addicted x

5. 19th August 2016 / 8:23 pm

Missed you last week and wondered if something was wrong. Hope you are ok and am glad to have you back. So excited for your trip – will be stalking you lots!! Thanks for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky xx

19th August 2016 / 11:03 pm

Ah thanks lovely I am good thank you but been a rubbish couple of weeks, Ah we are excited too not long now arghhh ! x

6. 19th August 2016 / 9:12 pm

I bet he loved the football club at Burnley, and yes typical that they want to go when you are at home. Though I must admit Katie goes to a club at David Lloyd once a week, just so I can get some peace lol. I bet you are so excited for Dubai now, and it sounds as if Jack’s diabetic team are a huge support to you all xx

19th August 2016 / 11:05 pm

Tracey he adored it, and hoorah for a bit of peace ha ha. Yes we are all so excited and Jacks team are amazing I don’t know what I would do without them x

7. 19th August 2016 / 9:59 pm

I can’t wait to hear all about Dubai – and see your photos of course! What coffee machine do you have? Whatever that coffee is, I need one nowwww. Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

19th August 2016 / 11:08 pm

Ah thanks Sian we are so excited, I have a Nespresso and I LOVE it so much the coffee is amazing x