My Weekly Round Up, And Cocktails And Squirrels

My weekly round-up this week starts with a little talk about Cocktails. Last weekend Chris was working away, at first I was a bit miffed.  But decided this was a wonderful opportunity to catch up with one of my BFFs, we decided on a night in with pizza and cocktails.

We had a few base products to play with and made some delicious cocktails. In fact we abandoned dessert and made that into a cocktail too. I have one or two recipes to share, watch out Monday for my Strawberries and Cream cocktail. Here is a sneaky peek, it was delicious.

My Weekly Round Up, And Cocktails

I am thrilled to have finished styling our dining area.  It is great to love the look and style, rather than it being a dull area that we can’t decide what to do with! It has taken me forever to find the right table. I am so glad I finally have.

Creating A Vintage Yet Modern Dining Space

Creating A Vintage Yet Modern Dining Space

This week has seen the end of term play and reports at Joe’s school. The production was fantastic.  It always astounds me how hard the children work to get the show right. And this year was no exception, it was fabulous. A huge well done to all involved you are all little stars.

Joe also had a great report, I feel like he has been under so much pressure this year with all the new education reforms. The fact that he has got through the year still feeling positive about school is a testament to his teachers and his schools commitment to the children. They seem to have got the right balance between doing their jobs and making education fun.

Children are only young once and should enjoy it. And not be bogged down by tests and expectations. I am all for pushing children, but this should always be to the best of their potential and abilities and not to a set of pre determined standards that disregard creativity and individuality

And hoorah to the holidays, we only have a week left, and then have a long chilled out summer to look forward too. Hopefully with endless sunny days and the need of lots of suntan lotion. And with the promise of a grand finale in Dubai at the end of the summer I am ever so excited. The wonderful thing is, usually the holidays and tinged with the prospect of returning to work. This year yes, I will be working on and off but I know I will be so excited for September all the work I have planned is exciting

This weekend we are off for a lodge break for Chris’s  Mums 70th Birthday. The second family weekend in a month and a big celebration. I am hoping the sun will put an appearance in and the weather app is showing a little promise so fingers crossed. And just look at this cheeky fella I just caught watching us.

My Weekly Round Up, And Cocktails

My Weekly Round Up, And Cocktails

Next weekend when we will be on full holiday mode and have a little day trip to a cruise ship to look forward too. Excited is an understatement, I LOVE cruising and Royal Caribbean so am feeling a tad giddy. Have a wonderful week , Sarah xx

1. 16th July 2016 / 6:55 pm

Oh, that cocktail looks delicious! Great way to make the most of your evening. Lovely to hear that Joe’s done so well, and bring on those holidays! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

19th July 2016 / 10:07 pm

Thanks Jocelyn, it was so delicious, and yay for holidays I cant wait x

2. 17th July 2016 / 1:55 pm

That cocktail really does look delicious and with a chilled out summer ahead it seems like things are really good in your life. #WotW

19th July 2016 / 10:10 pm

Ah thanks Helena it was delicious x

3. 17th July 2016 / 7:08 pm

Your dining area looks gorgeous. I love those chairs and the table is just my style too! I’d like a taste of that cocktail too, looks yummy! #HappyDays

19th July 2016 / 10:15 pm

Thanks Catie, I ma so pleased with it and the cocktail was amazing x

4. 18th July 2016 / 1:08 pm

Hurrah for the summer holidays! The weather certainly seems to have cheered up for it at least! Love the look of that cocktail too – perfect for this sunny weather! Hope you have a lovely weekend away. #HappyDays

19th July 2016 / 10:16 pm

I know I am so looking forward to the boys being off, have a lovely week Katy x

5. 22nd July 2016 / 7:48 pm

Oh I didn’t know you were going away – how exciting!! Hope you’ve had a fab time!! And allllll the heart eyes for that squirrel!! Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

25th July 2016 / 9:17 pm

Ah thanks Kate, yes its been a crazy but exciting couple of weeks x

6. 22nd July 2016 / 8:24 pm

Sarah your cocktails look amazing and I could honestly do with one now lol. I presume you had an amazing break away with the family at Centerparcs and love the squirrel shot. I know you have a few days left before the boys break up but here is to an amazing summer, and I cannot wait to follow your adventures in Dubai x

25th July 2016 / 9:19 pm

We had a lovely family time thanks Tracey. I love the squirrels there they are so cheeky but feel we have outgrown centerparcs a bit which feel sad. You too lovely roll on summer, 1 day left x