Our First Picnic of the Holidays

The oh so long-awaited holidays arrived yesterday.

Yesterday we had our first picnic of the holidays. It feels like the rest of the country has been off for ages, whilst we have been clawing our way to the finish line. We have been desperate for chilled out days, and also desperate for sunshine.  The few and far between days had passed me by. My new Habitat Garden Furniture and picnic blanket had arrived a few weeks ago and was patiently waiting to be used for the first time.

Our First Picnic of the Holidays

Fortunately Wednesday morning was  bright and sunny, I could not wait to get out and enjoy the sun. There were a few clouds, but it was still lovely and warm. Perfect for a mini snack picnic and some time chilling in the sunshine.

Much to Jacks disgust we decided to go on an adventure to the back of the garden and set up in front of the football goals so we could watch the sheep and chickens. I never get bored with watching them they fascinate me.

We trundled up the garden with our picnic, blanket, and deck chair and set up in our little spot. Joe decided to take his notebook and pencils and happily doodled for quite some time leaving me to read a magazine and rest my eyes for a while. Was it just my Dad, that when he fell asleep on the sofa when I was a child, used to protest and say he was resting his eyes? I must say, as a parent exercising the right to rest your eyes feels good. Especially sat in a comfy deck chair with the sun on your face.

We sat and chilled

As we put the world to rights (well Joe did) discussed cruising, surfing and Joe’s newly found pro surfer status. We talked about our planned trip to Dubai, which we really need to do a little shopping for. So then we planned a trip to Trafford Centre.  Sometimes chilling is just as good as being busy isn’t it?

Our First Picnic of the Holidays

Jack put in an appearance, kicked his football around us, ate some food, even took some photos in his I am a teen and don’t want to be involved, but don’t want to miss out kinda way. It made me smile; teens try so hard to be cool don’t they? There must be a real conflict  going on in their brain at times. But sometimes they just don’t want to miss out.

Life is so full of busy days, chaos and excitement. Having the opportunity to just spend quiet time together and actually listn to each other is priceless. They are growing so quickly, yes; life is getting easier with every passing year. I look back at the toddler years; they are a distant memory now. The days when I had to watch their every move, just to keep them safe. I am going to make the most of every day this summer. Chill in the garden with my not so little family just making the most of every day

Running in Lavender

1. 28th July 2016 / 2:25 pm

Oh that Habitat chair and blanket are gorgeous, I love the colours. It looks like it was a fab picnic, it is one of our favourite things to do. Thankfully Ellie was never cool, so the cool teenager thing sort of past us by, although Evie is heading that way now – bless her ha! Lovely pictures Sarah xx

28th July 2016 / 9:15 pm

I know I just love the colours too Lisa, ha ha I know cool and teen don’t go together well at all, they add up to stress xx

2. 28th July 2016 / 4:36 pm

Ah what a lovely way to spend some time together. I love the picnic blanket – so summery 🙂

I think my boys would do as your teen did and just knock a football around too. It’s hard to get them to eat properly when they’re busy playing outdoors!

28th July 2016 / 9:25 pm

Thanks Karen, I love the colours x

3. 28th July 2016 / 6:06 pm

Love your new picnic things, Sarah. There’s nothing like chilling in the garden. I love those quiet times too. It’s a great chance to let your brain have a bit of downtime in order to come up with new and exciting ideas 🙂 x

28th July 2016 / 9:25 pm

Yes it is Rachel, I feel like I need a bit of that at the moment too, and making the most of the spending time with the boys x

4. 28th July 2016 / 6:52 pm

This looks like the perfect spot to chill. It’s been so frustrating waiting for the good weather when there’s so much we want to do this summer. We are at least five beach days down on what we wanted to do by the end of July! It’s good to her life gets easier after the toddler years. I’m very much looking forward to resting my eyes 🙂 X #mycapturedmoment

28th July 2016 / 10:01 pm

Ha ha Claire you will be able to rest your eyes without worrying about the fallout, and yes what is going on with the weather grrr ! x

5. 28th July 2016 / 7:11 pm

Love your new picnic items and the pictures of the boys. Love that you got in the way of the football pitch! xx

28th July 2016 / 10:05 pm

Ha ha I know I was not popular, but they are always playing in our area so I thought it would be nice for a change and the view is great up there x

6. 30th July 2016 / 9:56 pm

Lovely to hear you spending time together and a lovely picnic set you have too.#MyCapturedMoment

31st July 2016 / 12:02 pm

Thank you Helena sometimes that all you want to do as a family isn’t it? x

7. 31st July 2016 / 4:39 pm

Oh yes we too have plenty of ‘pretending I am not bothered with what you are doing but really I am interested’ moments here lol. Love the picnic blanket and your little tray on legs. Sometimes it is so nice to just chill out in the garden and of course rest our eyes x

31st July 2016 / 8:04 pm

Ha ha aren’t they funny Tracey? And yes resting your eyes is always good, lets hope we have a great summer xx

8. 3rd August 2016 / 4:10 pm

Oh just gorgeous, you set the best picnics Sarah. I love a good picnic too, even if it’s just in the garden. Especially with lovely juicy strawberries. Yum!! Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

3rd August 2016 / 9:37 pm

Ah thank you Heledd, picnics are just the best aren’t they and kids love them x