My Weekly Round Up And Shopping

Another manic week, I have sort of accepted now that life is fun but manic these days. Buy hey it’s never boring. This week I have done lots of  shopping. Looking for things that I want to buy, rather than need. And I have to say I LOVE shopping.

Our first purchase of the week was a new kitchen table, well I say new it is so old and battered and I love it. We have been looking for a new table for a couple of years.  I know that long, but I had this vision of an old battered table, and Chris just wasn’t feeling my vision. So we were at stalemate. Just could not agree.

And then Jess posted this and I convinced Chris and old table could work and we could paint the legs, leave the top rustic.  I stumbled across a table on Monday and fell in love with it, arranged collection and wow it’s exactly what I wanted, it is so battered but I love it. I don’t want to change a thing, against our modern kitchen it looks fab.  All I need now is to order some new chairs.

My Weekly Round Up And Shopping

I have also done lots of garden shopping, we have so many areas to fill and are starting to get somewhere after all these years. We just need some good weather now to enjoy it. Typical, as soon as we start to get the garden how we want it, it rains!

Talking of the gardens I cut these gorgeous flowers from our garden this week, its mad I buy flowers every week and these look so pretty.  I aim to seek inspiration from the garden and even buy a few plants that I use in the home. As the bush that these grew on is huge, I could take bits off every week and you wouldn’t notice.

My Weekly Round Up And Shopping

My Weekly Round Up And Shopping

And as I type I am on my way to the Trafford Centre with Joe for a spot of weekend shopping. I have seen a dress I love in John Lewis, so am off so try it on. I am also super giddy as I have a new Nespresso on the way. I plan to visit the Nespresso shop for coffee, they have so much choice. After France I am just a little addicted to strong frothy coffee.

And lastly there has been so much sadness in the news this week, it really makes you realise how lucky you are. But also makes me frightened for our children growing up in this world. It seems there is so much danger in even simple things such as going shopping, on holiday or to a club. I don’t usually talk about current affairs on my blog, but this week has shocked me to the core. There really is so much hatred out there. It makes me so sad.

What Katy Said

1. 18th June 2016 / 12:43 pm

I sound like a broken record because I love everything that you post… but I LOVE your table! So my style. Well, when we actually buy a house that is. Right now I am stuck with the landlord’s questionable taste. I’m with you on feeling sad at the state of the world. It makes me wonder whether I should have had children at all when the world seems such a cruel and scary place 🙁 Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

19th June 2016 / 9:36 pm

Ah its hard isn’t it? All I want is the boys to grow up feeling safe and happy. And yes, that table is such a bargain find I love it, hopefully you will soon have your own little space to do exactly what you want with xx

2. 18th June 2016 / 12:49 pm

You have been busy, and well done on cramming so much shopping in! Like you, I love getting flowers from my garden, it’s always lovely to have a little vase of freshly cut pretties like yours. It has been an awful week for news this week, all completely shocking and tragic x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

19th June 2016 / 9:37 pm

Shopping is a lovely kind of busy isn’t it? All I need now is a bit of sun to get to enjoy it and take some lovely photos x

3. 18th June 2016 / 5:45 pm

Oh, love the table. I think you ere absolutely right about and old one, I love old rustic furniture that you can bring to life. Looking forward to seeing how it looks with the chairs you pick!

19th June 2016 / 9:38 pm

Thanks Lauren, I know it looks so great in my kitchen and to think it is someone else’s junk, it is gorgeous and what I have been looking for for years x

4. 18th June 2016 / 7:04 pm

The world really is a horrible place at times and it is during those awful, evil times we need to be thankful for what we have got. I have been enjoying some lovely Lindt chocolates too! The flowers are so pretty. Hope you have a good week and hope to catch you at BML x #HappyDays

19th June 2016 / 9:40 pm

You are right Kirsty we do need to be thankful, I have loved the chocolate but may have eaten one too many ha ha x

5. 19th June 2016 / 7:46 pm

Hurrah for buying lots of lovely things for the house and garden, though we bought new garden furniture about 4 weeks ago and I swear it has not stopped raining since. Love the flowers from the garden, I am rubbish with plants and flowers as I just tend to kill things. I agree about this week, what a horrid week which really does put things into perspective. Have a great week Sarah, and hopefully not as manic for you x

19th June 2016 / 9:53 pm

I know Tracey it really does, and I know this bloomin rain is driving me mental, where is the sun? x

6. 19th June 2016 / 9:45 pm

The table!! YAY! You will have to let us know what chairs you go for. It looks gorgeous though and perfect for your home. Manic week here too – when will it ever slow down?! LOL 😉 xx

19th June 2016 / 9:55 pm

I know I dont think life will slow down this year do you? And I love the table just need to decide on chairs now x

7. 24th June 2016 / 8:42 pm

Ooh love that table! Mr F would never let me have one in a million years so well done on swaying Chris to your way of thinking!! Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

28th June 2016 / 8:09 pm

Ha ha thanks Kate, Chris loves it it looks os cool now its in x