My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

Last Sunday we decided to spend a family afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks and catch a movie and lunch, it’s been ages since we went to a movie and were all quite excited to see the new Captain America Civil War Movie. I managed to get it all arranged a booked the IMAX screening followed by a late lunch at Frankie and Benny’s. When the boys were small we used to visit Frankie and Benny’s loads, but them for some reason haven’t been for years. But I love the atmosphere there so decided this is where we would eat.

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

Sunday morning came and Jack announced he was not going to come with us, it felt like quite a big moment, huge in fact. Our little boy telling us he did not wish to participate in a family day out. In all fairness he has had his Science and Spanish GCSE’s this week, and wanted to spend time at home chilling, but a small part of me felt that dreaded realisation that this is the start Jacks withdrawal from family activities, he has started to build his own social life that we aren’t part of, weeps!

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

However Joe was doing a celebratory dance and asking if he could take his best friend Fin in Jacks place. Joe and Fin have been best friends since they were 4 months old and to be honest at times are rather like siblings, so once arranged we set off with two very giddy boys in tow.

We arrived in Manchester to beautiful blue skies, and the boys charged off to the area outside the Football Museum to burn of some steam as I took a few photos, what I didn’t anticipate was quite how giddy they were and that getting a photo of them was damn near impossible as they scooted around, even it seems in sports mode.

One inside the Odeon we headed to the snack bar whilst the boys made the life changing decision of what snack to take into the cinema, seriously it took them ages to decided. The snack deal was such great value with 2 kids packs, which included sweets popcorn and a juice each, two adult soft drinks and popcorn to share at £9.99. Chris and I couldn’t finish our popcorn it was huge.

This was the first IMAX movie I have ever seen and it was incredible, it honestly felt like you were there. It took me a good 5 minutes to adjust as it felt so full on but once I had, I settled back in my comfy chair and enjoyed the movie. But lets face it Iron Man, what’s not to love?

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

After the movie we headed to Frankie and Benny’s and I must say they haven’t lost it, the restaurant in the Printworks has just been renovated but still had that fab American Italian charm, with the great pictures on the wall that I could spend hours looking at, and the 1950s music, it’s always feels so upbeat.

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

Callum our server went a long way to making our meal fantastic he was so much fun and the service was great, he was on top of the drinks for the boys, and enabled them to have their main with our starter thus preventing them getting bored.

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

I went for the meatballs and omg they were so so good, such a huge portion that I could not eat them all. I think the highlight for the boys was the sweet shop dessert, ice cream in a tray with lots of goodies such a popping candy, marshmallows, smarties and jellies. They were actually quiet the whole time they were eating them, apart from nodding at each other appreciably at how great it was from time to time.

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester at the Printworks

It was lovely getting out and spending a chilled afternoon at the Printworks and is most definitely something I would do again.

Next time we may go a little earlier as if you visit on a Saturday or Sunday it is £10.00 cheaper for a family of four if you visit before 1pm, such a great saving, and after a spot of lunch you are home for an afternoons chilling.

And lastly just check out these two photos below, the little monkeys had seen naughty picture on the pavement, (I have obscured it now) I could see they were up to something but couldn’t work out what, then I saw it and moved them away, but not before I got these ever so wobbly shots of them, but I love them they are priceless. How scary is it when your children start to get old enough to understand these things.

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester16

My Captured Moment and a Family Afternoon in Manchester16

Running in Lavender

1. 19th May 2016 / 3:08 pm

We love Frankie and Bennys right now, we go there so much. I’ve never been to the print works one though. We watched civil war last week too and loved it. I want to watch it again now 🙂

19th May 2016 / 9:30 pm

Oh isn’t it mazing Taz, I love Iron Man ! And I would recumbent The Franky and Benny’s at the Printworks it was fab x

2. 19th May 2016 / 6:38 pm

We did Frankie and Bennys recently and rally love it too, you have some lovely photos Sarah.

19th May 2016 / 9:31 pm

Thanks Karen, I love all the music and the atmosphere it perfect for a family afternoon out x

3. Sarah @ Mum & Mor
    20th May 2016 / 6:31 am

It looks like you guys had a good time! It’s been years since I have set foot into a Frankie and Benny’s, but hope to try it out again sometime when I visit the UK again. #MyCapturedMoment

20th May 2016 / 10:37 pm

Thank you Sarah, and yes it was so fab we hadn’t been for years but thoroughly enjoyed it x

4. 20th May 2016 / 1:09 pm

We love Frankie and Bennys and last went on Christmas Eve, so I am pretty sure we are due another visit soon. I know exactly what you mean about withdrawing from family activities. It is the realisation that your family is changing as the kids get older, and I really struggle with this sometimes. Sounds as if you all had a lovely time though, and I am sure Jack just needed some down time after his exams. I have never been to an imax but the boys have and said it is amazing x

20th May 2016 / 10:40 pm

Oh the imax was so amazing but did take me a while to adapt too, and yes its weird adjusting to changing family life isn’t it, and we used to go to Franky and Bennys and watch a movies at Bury every Christmas Eve when Jack was little, ahh memories x x

5. 20th May 2016 / 6:12 pm

Looks like a lovely family day out. So sad when the bigger kids get too big for family outings. But eventually it happens to us all! *sniff, sniff*

20th May 2016 / 10:42 pm

I know Elfa it did feel a little sad, inevitable I suppose but still feels a little sad x

6. 21st May 2016 / 9:55 am

Lovely photos Sarah, the eldest loves the Printworks and hangs out there a lot. It does get take some getting used to when they are not around so much, we fit in with Ellie’s plans now to make sure we force her to spend time with us ha! X

21st May 2016 / 9:49 pm

Lisa what a great idea, I need to get Jacks schedule, although once the Exams are over hopefully he will be back on form x

7. 21st May 2016 / 10:57 am

Hi Sarah, lovely photos as always and it sounds as if you had a fab day out. It is sad when our children stop drifting from family activities, my daughter is a bit like that, but sometimes I don’t blame here as a family outing still turns into a circus and there is no one in the family under the age of sixteen!

I’ve not been to the cinema in years and it’s pretty pointless as I always fall asleep (says the girl who battles to sleep at night if the TV in the other room is too load!).

I would certainly have had the Sweet Shop dessert too. It sounds awesome!

xx

21st May 2016 / 10:01 pm

Ha ha Debbie Chris is the one that usually sleeps through films but he stayed awake all the way through xx

8. 21st May 2016 / 3:39 pm

We have never been there before but it looks fun! My lot want to see the Angry Birds movie. We love going to Frankie and Benny’s, it is a favourite restaurant of ours. Hope you have a good week x #mycapturedmoment

21st May 2016 / 10:07 pm

Kirsty it is great for a family afternoon as its all in one place, Yes Joe wants to see that too x

9. 22nd May 2016 / 6:59 pm

Great shots Sarah! Your pictures get better and better. I don’t know if you know this but I went to Uni in Manchester and was there when the Printworks opened. It would be fun to go back soon. Thank you so much for supporting #MyCapturedMoment xx

22nd May 2016 / 8:28 pm

Thanks Heledd, I love Manchester it is such a beautiful city, you need to come up for a visit so we can hit the cocktail bars x

10. 23rd May 2016 / 10:58 pm

Great to hear that you had a lovely time with the lads. I hear little ones grow up fast and it sounds like you are experiencing exactly that. #MyCapturedMoment

24th May 2016 / 9:00 pm

Helen it seems to ha e hit us all at once, they are growing up so quickly x