My Weekly Round Up And A Manic Couple of Weeks

I have no idea where the last 3 week have gone, I feel like I have run around like a headless chicken, not stopping for air, its been such a manic couple of weeks.  I have had so much to do, lots of fun too but I feel like I have worked my socks of. I feel as thought I must have produced loads of posts but I have just had a peek at my blog and I have only posted 5 posts in 2 weeks!

My Weekly Round Up And A Manic Couple of Weeks

But trust me there has been so much going on behind the scenes, so much preparing and photo taking, filming little vlogs, and exiting trips. I suppose the last 2 weeks has been spent catching up and treading water.

My Weekly Round Up And A Manic Couple of Weeks

Two weekends ago I took a very exciting trip to London with my good friends Amy and Caro to work on a fab project with Mumsnet and Nice & Easy. We stayed at the very gorgeous M by Montcalm in Shoreditch and were thoroughly spoilt.

My Weekly Round Up And A Manic Couple of Weeks

Weekends like this just confirm that I so made the right decision to leave teaching, the team at Mumsnet are so great to work with and the whole trip was so much fun, not like work at all.

And then last weekend I headed off to BlogCamp and got to meet up with loads of my blogging besties, I took hardly took any photos, in fact 2 that were of slides for information not pretty at all, but had a wonderful day and learnt loads. My favourite session was most definitely Sarah Barnes Pinterest session, I literally go to every session about Pinterest I can, but Sarah explained it in a way that made sense to me, I had a Pinterest epiphany right there and then and am busy putting all her tips into practice.

We have also been busy decorating our bedroom, I can’t wait to share it, and it is just so beautiful, it feels such a calm and relaxing space. We have also been getting lots of quotes for some quite big jobs around the house. All stuff that is so needed but so boring like a new driveway, all that money that could be spent on a lovely holiday or go towards a new kitchen, but Chris is adamant he wants/needs to do it.

My Weekly Round Up And A Manic Couple of Weeks

Don’t get me wrong our drive is ugly, it looks like its been laid with a pitch fork but the simple step of not looking down when you walk up it solves that issue, and who cares about a drive when you are out on the Caribbean sea on a cruise ship? But there is no shifting him grrrr. But I am sorry I can-not and will not get excited about a driveway.

In terms of family time it’s all been a bit manic, but we have made a bit of time for trips to the Cinema and a BBQ although the weather has not been on our side in the North lately with the odd nice day, but no hot weather so I hope this heat wave makes an appearance soon. But on the bright side the garden is coming on beautifully, a couple more weeks and it will be in full bloom.

My Weekly Round Up And A Manic Couple of Weeks B

My Weekly Round Up And A Manic Couple of Weeks

Next week we are off to France, we are excited but apprehensive with all the news of petrol strikes. I think a lot of it is media hype as I have spoken to people who are in France who haven’t had any issues so fingers crossed all is ok, and the weather bucks up as the forecast is awful. But a little bit of rain never stopped the Christie’s; living in the North of England you would never go out. Whatever happens it will be an adventure.

What Katy Said

1. 28th May 2016 / 9:50 am

Interested to read you left teaching – me too. I loved the kids, staff and the teaching part, but it wasn’t a difficult decision!

Thanks for sharing – some lovely shots there and good luck in France!

#HappyDaysLinky

29th May 2016 / 12:25 pm

Thank you and yes its all the other stuff that is the problem, and thank you we are en route now xx

2. 28th May 2016 / 4:18 pm

It was great to meet you at Blog Camp and I really enjoyed Sarah’s session, too. You have been busy, all good stuff! Have a lovely time in France x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

29th May 2016 / 12:27 pm

Ah you too shame there want much time to chat, I know Sarah’s session was great wasn’t it? Thank you and you enjoy your week with the kiddies xx

3. 29th May 2016 / 5:49 pm

Hi Sarah, you have been busy and it sounds like you’ve had an exciting time too! I don’t blame you for begrudging a driveway, I would too, especially if it was in favour of a holiday!

I’m sure you will be fine in France, last year when there was all that hype about Greece, we never saw an empty supermarket shelf, the only problems we had were restrictions month amount of petrol we could buy at once and their was a daily money withdrawal cap, which didn’t apply to tourists. The media like to focus on the doom and gloom.

xx

30th May 2016 / 7:46 am

WE are just on our way to France now Debbie and hoping its all hype, I am going to document our journey I think I am more worried about the awful weather forecast but we are prepared and have wellies ha ha x

4. 29th May 2016 / 6:08 pm

Sounds like a very busy but fun couple of weeks. I am starting a degree in October with the intention of eventually going into teaching… then I keep reading about people leaving the profession. I don’t have the confidence to get my blog to a full time job though, as much as I would love to. My plan is that it will take me so long to train doing it part time, by the time I am qualified my youngest will already be about 8, so it might be a little easier to fit in… maybe I will regret that though?! x

30th May 2016 / 7:52 am

Caroline teaching is a tough but wonderful profession please don’t let it put you off, I loved teaching I think its more about going into a school or college with a supportive management team, don’t get me wrong its tough but rewarding x

5. 30th May 2016 / 1:19 pm

Blogging and adventures abroad certainly sound fantastic to me. #WotW

5th June 2016 / 4:18 pm

Helena it is the most incredible adventure isn’t it? I honestly love every second of it x

6. 3rd June 2016 / 8:36 am

I couldn’t get excited about a drive either but these boring things just need doing don’t they. We’ve been busy buying duvets and an ironing board and placemats, yawwwn! I didn’t realise you were a teacher, I seem to know so many. I hope you’re having an awesome time in France. Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

5th June 2016 / 4:25 pm

Thanks Sian, and yes some purchases are so boring aren’t they? France was epic we have loved every minute x

7. 3rd June 2016 / 8:19 pm

Gorgeous photos as always Sarah. Your week sounds fab, I hope you’ve had a relaxing week this week though to make up for being so hectic. Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

5th June 2016 / 4:31 pm

Katy we have had the time of our lives this week but it has been crazy so busy, but so many once in a life experiences in one week, I keep saying to Chris ” I cant believe the week we have had?” It has been amazing x

8. 4th June 2016 / 10:32 pm

Phew Sarah sounds as if you have had a busy few weeks. Cannot wait to see your finished bedroom, I need some inspiration as ours could do with a freshening up. Looking forward to reading all about your French trip too. Exciting times for you hun x

5th June 2016 / 4:34 pm

Thank you Tracey, I am honestly reeling over the last week of my life, so many amazing experiences, lovely people and wonderful news xx