My Weekly Round Up, Trips To Manchester And Excitement

Last weekend we headed into Manchester with the Boys for Dinner at Jamie’s Italian, it was fantastic and something we should do more often. Manchester was not too busy and we got the opportunity to have a tea time shop. Shopping with boys is so boring though; all they want to look at is trainers’ grrr. Something I just can’t get excited about.

A Late Lunch At Jamie's Italian 2

If I need to shop for myself I tend to head out on my own lately, I like to take my time and brows, something I can’t do with that lot in tow rolling their eyes at me and moaning at how long I take.

We also took them to a few trendy bars in the Corn Exchange, it’s great that at the age they are they love visiting cool places. When they were little, although we always had a rule that they fit in with us, and took them all over. It came with the regulation colouring books, iPads etc. It is great to see them enjoying a cool atmosphere and design of a bar/restaurant, and I suppose a sign of them growing up.

The main focus for our visit was to see Dynamo and he didn’t disappoint, he was incredible. We have all watched him since he first started out on TV, and his show was just amazing. How he does it I have no idea, but do you know what? I don’t want to know, I enjoy the illusion.

My photography challenge has been a bit of a flop this week, which is because Joe spent a lot of the week in bed poorly. Bless him he has had raging temperatures but is now thankfully on the mend. This has kept me in the house all week, a nightmare when you are trying to prepare for a holiday. It’s amazing how little you get done when your children are under the weather. Our two are so rarely ill, I forgot how hard it was.

My Weekly Round Up, Trips To Manchester And Excitement

My Weekly Round Up, Trips To Manchester And Excitement

I managed to get a few shots at the weekend, not exactly what I had in mind, but a start. My aim was the capture colour and I have, but I had something more creative or pretty in mind. In order to push myself I am going to share these photos, which are ok! But I am re-setting myself the challenge, in the hope for something a bit more striking this week.

My Weekly Round Up, Trips To Manchester And Excitement

We have an exciting week coming up as tomorrow we are off to Manchester for dinner and a tour round Manchester United. You can imagine how giddy the boys are?

And then Monday we are off to Ikos Resorts in Halkidiki I am so so excited, finally a bit of glorious sunshine. I have been following the lovely Tracey’s visit this week on Instagram and Twitter and it looks just incredible, so luxurious, I jut know we are all going to love it.

Searching For The Sun at Ikos Oceania, Greece

If you would like to see how we get on and how gorgeous the resort is check out my holiday postcards I will be sharing every day. But until then have a fab weekend and enjoy next week, I hope the sun shines, as it is feeling a little brighter again.

What Katy Said

1. 9th April 2016 / 10:01 am

Lovely photos Sarah and it’s always good to go to Jamie’s! Happy holidays lovely xx

9th April 2016 / 8:05 pm

Thanks Julia arghh I cant wait, and yes it was fab xx

2. 9th April 2016 / 12:03 pm

Lovely spring photo! I like Manchester – my husband is from there and his family live there so we try and visit when we can. The girls are too young to really appreciate being in the city though, they are 5 and almost 2.

9th April 2016 / 8:07 pm

Yes as they get older the will love it Kiri, our two do now. When they were little they were not so interested x

3. 9th April 2016 / 5:04 pm

What an exciting time you are all having! Sounds like you had a great time out and about and now so much lined up to look forward to. Glad Joe’s feeling brighter now and I hope you have a fabulous holiday x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

9th April 2016 / 8:18 pm

Ah thank you Jocelyn we are having a fab time thank you, and yes thank goodness he is much better now but the poor thing has had a rough week x

4. 9th April 2016 / 8:53 pm

Great photos especially the ice cream!
    Shopping with no boys is always easier!!

9th April 2016 / 9:09 pm

Ha ha yes it is most definitely easier to shop alone, and thank you x

5. 10th April 2016 / 1:07 am

Lovely photos – love the daffodils one. Hope Joe is feeling better and that you have a lovely day in Manchester tomorrow and a fabulous holiday next week 🙂

10th April 2016 / 9:53 am

Ah thank you Louise, thankfully he is, and woohooo I cant wait xx

6. 10th April 2016 / 7:23 am

Great trip out! I love the corn exchange, glad they enjoyed it! There is nothing more cheerful than a picture of daffodils, great photo. Have a brilliant holiday!

10th April 2016 / 10:05 am

We are just on our way there now Karen and yes it is a fab building with so many cool bars. And thank you we are so excited x

7. 10th April 2016 / 4:54 pm

Oh my goodness Sarah, lucky you! I hope you have an amazing time away. How did you manage to get your boys out of school for it?! Love your brightly coloured photos 🙂

10th April 2016 / 5:13 pm

A thank you, and they only broke up for holidays on Friday so are now off for 2 weeks, its been torture watching the rest of the country enjoy their hols but thank fully our turn is finally here x x

8. 15th April 2016 / 3:37 pm

Beautiful photos as always. I have been loving your holiday pics, I’m not jealous at all! 😉 Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

16th April 2016 / 7:19 pm

Ah thank you Sian, it has been the best week and that hot sunshine was wonderful x

9. 15th April 2016 / 8:47 pm

I’ve been enjoying your photos this week so will look forward to seeing your roundup of your holiday! x #HappyDaysLinky