My Captured Moment, Out At Sea

For this weeks my captured moment I am sharing a wonderful family moment from last week. Every moment is special when we are all together, even when they are screaming at each other over a football grrrr. Life is so so busy, making these little moments mean everything, having that down time to chill out together.

My Captured Moment, Out At Sea A

My Captured Moment, Out At Sea A

After a delicious breakfast we all headed down to the beach for a family walk, and on a mission to ride on the pedalos. As soon as Joe had found out they had pedalos at Ikos Oceania he was desperate to try them out. He was dying to slide down the huge yellow slides into the sea.

It was a gorgeous morning and although the sky was hazy you could feel that heat pushing through the haze, of what promised to be a beautiful hot day ahead of us. And being quite early meant the beach was still wonderfully quiet.

My Captured Moment, Out At Sea A

There is something so chilled about walking along the beach with your family, especially on a hot hazy morning, and the boys were in such high spirits as we made out way along the beach to the pedalos.

My Captured Moment, Out At Sea A

I have to say the sea was colder than expected, but as Greece is only starting to wake from winter it is hardly surprising. Once we had all managed to clamber in Chris and Joe pedaled us out into the ocean. It felt so tranquil, just us on this tiny little bright yellow vessel bobbing up and down watching the shore, and the fish swimming bellow us, catching sight of the odd jellyfish.

My Captured Moment, Out At Sea A

My Captured Moment, Out At Sea A

Joe very quickly decided that maybe it wasn’t warm enough to have a dip, but Jack and I sat with our feet in the spray as Chris and Joe did all the work. Enjoying the view and listening to Chris and Joe bicker over who was the better at steering and who should steer. Of course Joe was if you like going around in circles ha ha.

My Captured Moment, Out At Sea A

For that precious 20 minutes we sat, laughed and chilled out in the middle of the ocean with a stunning 360-degree view. The shame of it is, the very next day Joe made the decision that he was in fact brave enough to take a dip, but the sea was a little too choppy for water sports. However he was happy with the promise that we would return to Ikos Oceania to take the dip on a pedalo soon.

Running in Lavender

1. 21st April 2016 / 12:46 pm

Lovely pictures, Sarah. The colour of the sea is amazing! Shame it was a little too cold for a swim. We love riding on a pedalo too. We rented one on our last holiday in a Center Parc and had so much fun with it. Our little one would have loved this one with its big yellow slide :-). #MyCapturedMoment

22nd April 2016 / 7:59 pm

I know Karen, although I think the weather was perfect for us at Easter so we will just have to brave to sea next time xx

22nd April 2016 / 7:59 pm

Thank you Gemma the resort and Greece was just stunning x

2. 22nd April 2016 / 12:34 pm

oh that beach looked deliciously empty

22nd April 2016 / 8:00 pm

Becky it was at that time of day x

3. 22nd April 2016 / 5:25 pm

Oh this looks like such an ideal day. In the sun, away from technology and just enjoying time together x #mycapturedmoment

22nd April 2016 / 8:01 pm

Kirsty is was stunning and yes no technology that is so rare with a teen x

4. 24th April 2016 / 7:30 am

What a great way to spend family time. I love how hazy the sky looks, and the colors of the water are perfect. Also, what a neat little pedal boat!

24th April 2016 / 10:41 am

I know how cool is it, we had such a wonderful time chilling in the sea, it was idyllic x

5. 24th April 2016 / 6:46 pm

I can definitely vouch for the sea being cold as I jumped in from our pedalo. and the kids were up and down the slide lol. We have never been out on a pdealo before, and we too loved how relaxing it was, just bobbing along in the sea. Brave to take your camera though Sarah. I was too scared of my iPhone falling in the sea x

24th April 2016 / 8:18 pm

I know I was worried but the lady assured me it was dry in the middle which it was, I cant wait to revisit I will brave it next time x

6. 25th April 2016 / 9:08 am

Looks like you had a lovely time. Worth getting up early for.#mycapturedmoment

25th April 2016 / 8:47 pm

Thanks Helena it was worth it, it was so beautiful x

7. 26th April 2016 / 10:13 pm

Ah Sarah this looks like a beautiful holiday and as you say so special because you’re all together. I’d want to go back soon too!! Thanks as always for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

27th April 2016 / 9:59 pm

Thank you Heledd,I love My captured moment, thank you for hosting x