My Captured Moment, Me and Mine April

I had this months Me and Mine all mapped out in my mind, us running on the beach, you know the kind of gorgeous family shots you get on the beach. Or all looking relaxed on some gorgeous lounger somewhere. And this really is the perfect spot for those beautiful family shots.

But what I didn’t factor in was that Jack would point-blank refuse to go on the beach in his pumps in case he got sand in them, or that I wouldn’t be able to trust Joe on the beach when he was ready for dinner, as he would go to near to the sea and get his feet wet.

Me and Mine April

Or that Jack would be starving and want to get to the restaurant, and we would be already running late for dinner as getting this pair anywhere on time is a physical impossibility, they mess about so much causing chaos, causing me be ready late as I have been busy trying to organise them. And then? Get this! I get the blame for being ready late grrr.

But that’s how we roll around here, constant chaos, always getting places on time by the skin of our teeth.

Me and Mine April

I was so determined to get the perfect shots that I packed my tripod, but had to take it out just before we left as the case was too heavy. I knew then, at that moment that the planets were not on my side. I managed by propping my beloved camera at a precarious angle on a wall. I totally forgot about the remote mode on my phone so like a muppet kept running back and forth and setting the timer.

Me and Mine April

And of all the places we could have stood, why did it have to be in front of a lamp, why on earth did I not see this? I will tell you why? I was too busy trying to organise this 3, who all had somewhere else to be!

Me and Mine April

All that aside, Jack kept-growling hurry up, no more photos! Joe messing about and ruining about 5, I managed to get a few shots, no not on the gorgeous beach, or round one of the stunning pools. But sometimes you have to take it when it’s given, and this was one of the few opportunities I had to get the shots. But I do love them; they will always remind me of the week we found this gorgeously stunning place. Somewhere we all fell in love with. And as I look out the window now at the bloomin snow I so wish I was there at this very moment.

The Me and Mine Project
Running in Lavender

1. 29th April 2016 / 7:24 am

HI Sarah, the amount of times I’ve been chasing everyone to get ready only to be given ‘the look’ when I’m last out the door, is nobodies business! I think it goes with the territory.

I don’t manage to get many family photos, but it’s usually me that ruins them not the family (I have a reaction to having a camera pointed in my face, even at a distance).

Your photos may not have been taken on the beach like you would have liked, but they are still nice photos. And I did give you a thought in the week when I read about the nasty weather you’ve been having back there, not perfect after a week in the warmth!

xx

29th April 2016 / 9:11 pm

Ah thank you Debbie,ha ha maybe it does go with the territory and yes can you believe it has snowed today, take me back to Greece now x

2. 30th April 2016 / 1:15 pm

Lovely pictures! We are always late. It is a joke in the family that I run on Kirsty time which is completely different to everyone elses time but it is getting all the kids organised which is manic! Hope you have a good week x #MyCapturedMoment

30th April 2016 / 7:52 pm

Ha ha sounds so much like me Kirsty, what they don’t realise is that is because of them almost all the time x

3. 30th April 2016 / 9:37 pm

I love these photos Sarah. You did better than me in getting shots of the 4 of us. With Morgan I literally have about 5 seconds to get a shot with all of us in before he is off. I had to resort to asking people in restaurants so I could actually have pictures with ALL of us in x

2nd May 2016 / 8:43 am

Ah bless, it a funny age isn’t it? I am lucky I can get them to stand for a little while x

4. 1st May 2016 / 10:48 pm

I love being on time and even better if I arrive early but the rest of the family make me late. I didn’t actually notice the lamp post until you pointed it out.

2nd May 2016 / 9:06 am

Thanks Helena, ha ha all I see is the lamp post x

5. 2nd May 2016 / 8:15 am

This is hilarious and I love the fact that you are all in front of a lamp. I can just hear you saying all this too!

2nd May 2016 / 9:09 am

Ha ha I know, every month has turned into a pantomime, until I get the photo, yet I always have this romantic vision of how it will be so much better next month ha ha x

6. 2nd May 2016 / 10:13 pm

You’re no quitter. Maybe you will get your dream photo next time. Pesky kids, they never want to cooperate. 🙂

3rd May 2016 / 10:11 pm

Ha ha hopefully, I know they are always in a rush x

7. 2nd May 2016 / 10:14 pm

8. 4th May 2016 / 2:06 pm

Well done you for persevering, my girls are the same – I normally have to bribe them with sweets to get them to take a family picture – and then I end up with fake smiles! You did it though and managed to get your April shot, something we failed to do! I’m gutted but ‘hey ho’ sometimes you just have to let these things go. We’ll be back next month!

Thank you so much for sharing these shots with #MyCapturedMoment xx

4th May 2016 / 8:56 pm

But you have had a busy Month Heledd! But I know what you mean about not wanting to miss a month as I feel like that too. But you have some lovely shots from last month of all the girls Heledd x

9. 4th May 2016 / 10:39 pm

Oh brilliant Sarah! Sounds like you’ve got a real job on your hands organising your lot 😉 Maybe these aren’t the family shots you dreamed of, but they are still lovely xx

7th May 2016 / 7:38 pm

Thanks Jess, ha ha it is a real job, and thank you. I do love them they just aren’t the beach shots we had in mind x