My Sunday Photo & Sudden Snow

What a week, I mean come on its March. I should be preparing my garden for summer. But here I am talking about sudden snow. We have seen 2 heavy snow falls that have caused chaos. In fact on Friday morning it was so deep that school make the decision to close and the boys had a snow day.

My Sunday Photo & Sudden Snow

I had plans for Friday and sadly accepted my fate, there was no way at 9am I was able to get the car off our drive, but also with no school I also had the boys happily snuggling by the roaring fire. Snow days really are things of childhood dreams aren’t they?

My Sunday Photo & Sudden Snow

As disruptive and at times annoying as the snow is, it is also stunning. And not wanting to miss the opportunity of taking photos of freshly fallen snow, Joe and I got ready and raced out into the front garden to photograph the snow laden trees, and beautiful landscape.

My Sunday Photo & Sudden Snow

Joe had been watching News Round that morning. They had asked for children to send snow photos in, so he was on a mission to get the perfect capture to be displayed on the tea time news and I was snapping away for this post. I am so pleased to say we both achieved our aims.

My Sunday Photo & Sudden Snow

I did manage to get the car off the drive by lunchtime and arrived to my spa day at Carden Park, a little late, but on days like this sometimes it is a case of better late than never. And Joe bless him was so thrilled to see his photo feature on News Round.

My Sunday Photo & Sudden Snow

As much as I love snow, I am ready for spring. Well, if I am honest I am ready for a long hot summer, I am longing to feel the hot sun on my face, and hear the boys playing football in the garden. For light evenings, and glasses of wine in the garden at tea time. Hopefully all of those are in the not too distant future.

OneDad3Girls

1. 6th March 2016 / 12:28 am

Wow Sarah you certainly got some snow on Friday. We had some but it never had the chance to stick. Well done to Joe for having the pictures shown on Newsround. I bet they were made up to have a snow day, especially on a Friday. Katie managed to get a snow day a few years back on her birthday x

6th March 2016 / 3:37 pm

Ah thanks Tracey he is so thrilled, I know they were especially as it was a snow day x

2. 6th March 2016 / 4:27 am

It looks stunning where you are all covered in snow. I wasn’t paying any attention to the weather so was really shocked to see all the snow Friday morning. Thank goodness they closed all the schools, Z was thrilled! 🙂

6th March 2016 / 3:39 pm

I know Tas Joe was too, and yes it has been a real shock this week, and the snow on Tuesday can from nowhere, stuck really quickly and then disappeared as quickly as it came it was so odd x

3. 6th March 2016 / 9:39 am

Ooh yes, a long, hot summer would be nice! We haven’t had a single flake of snow, so I’m quite jealous! Your photos are fabulous and very well done to Joe for getting his photo on Newsround!

6th March 2016 / 3:41 pm

Ah thanks Sarah he was so pleased, we seem to have had quite a bit of snow this year but it hasn’t stuck around for too long which has made it a little more enjoyable, it is better when you have nowhere to be x

4. 6th March 2016 / 9:52 am

I know you will think I’m mad for saying this but I am jealous of your snow. We has snowfall like that about four years ago but nothing since. I would love the children to experience the snow. I even got Little E a snow suit this year and it wasn’t used once :0(

6th March 2016 / 3:42 pm

Ah that is such a shame Jane, most of the time I love a good snow fall, it has felt inconvenient this year as I have been busy but the boys love it x

5. 6th March 2016 / 10:10 am

Wow what a lot of snow. We haven’t had any this year

6th March 2016 / 3:44 pm

Darren we seem to have had loads this year, but it has not hung around for long which has been great x

6. 6th March 2016 / 3:59 pm

Wow that’s a lot of snow! And great pictures. I’m the same as you – so so ready for Spring and Summer now. I’m desperate for the UK to see a bit of sun, this cold weather is horrible! x

6th March 2016 / 7:39 pm

Thanks Alex, yes there was so much and it is very beautiful up here when it snows, but I too am desperate for a bit of sun x

7. 7th March 2016 / 12:59 am

When I think of snow this is exactly how I imagine it to look. Being an Aussie snow days are something I never have experienced – I would have relished any excuse not to go to school.

7th March 2016 / 8:17 pm

Ah, I know I am moaning Sally but it is beautiful I so wish you would get to experience snow, this is the main reason I would never move to a warm climate, I would miss the seasons too much x

8. 7th March 2016 / 9:56 am

Stunning Sarah – what amazing pictures! I just LOVE snow and miss it so much since we moved to the sunny Midlands!!!!!! xx

7th March 2016 / 8:18 pm

Thanks Jess, yes I a moaning about it but I would miss it, in fact when we moved to Essex I did really miss it x

9. 7th March 2016 / 11:12 am

I am so jealous because we dont have snow at all here! The photos are pristine and looks so lovely there. #mysundayphoto

7th March 2016 / 8:22 pm

Thank you Merlinda I bet you don’t get much on the coast do you?

10. 7th March 2016 / 11:20 am

Wow lots of snow and so pretty

7th March 2016 / 8:23 pm

It was pretty Alison xx

11. 7th March 2016 / 4:40 pm

We are so glad you made it and yeah to Joe again for his photo!

7th March 2016 / 8:33 pm

Thanks Karen he is so proud, and I know I am so glad I made it I had a wonderful time x

7th March 2016 / 8:35 pm

I know it was petty just inconvenient this weekend, I don’t mind it when we have nothing planned, but when you have to be in Chester and then London grrr its a pain x