My Captured Moment and Making Pineapple Smoothies

I made a few mistakes today, one that resulted in a day of nagging, and the other I am now kicking myself as at this very moment I could have been sipping a Pina Colada!  My plan for today was to have a chill day, watch movies and make smoothies.

Joe finished school yesterday, so today we had a day together as Jack did not break up till today. The Easter holidays are so disjointed this year, a few days here a week there. Who planned that I ask?

My Captured Moment and Making Pineapple Smoothies

After a successful parents evening we agreed to buy Joe and 3d viewing thing for his iPod, this is where mistake no 1 came in. We told him today was the delivery date, a mistake I will never make again! Joe spent most of the day pacing the floor waiting for his delivery, I kid you not, and he almost wore a hole in the floor! It drove me mad, every 10 minutes, where is my parcel, when is it coming?

When the parcel arrived at 3pm I was seriously losing the will to go on, thus resulting in me swinging the front door open to a very alarmed delivery man and announcing “boy am I pleased to see you!” The poor guy looked terrified, I then found myself explaining my very forward and bold statement, before he rushed away at almost a sprint.

Now Joe was able to relax, and after an hour of messing with his new toy we were finally ready to make smoothies. My dreams of chilling and watching Hop together were by now totally out of the window.

My Captured Moment and Making Pineapple Smoothies

My Captured Moment and Making Pineapple Smoothies

My Captured Moment and Making Smoothies

We decided to make a pineapple, honey and granola smoothie. I don’t know if you have ever tried the Asda fat-free natural yoghurt with honey? Omg it is the best, I am addicted. It is the perfect choice for a healthy smoothie, so we set off, Joe in control of the blender under my supervision.

My Captured Moment and Making Smoothies

When we had finished he tasted it and decided he didn’t like it, it was delicious! Now here my friends is mistake no 2, I should have accepted his word popped in some crushed ice, a coconut yoghurt and some Malibu and I would have had a Pina Colada. I am still kicking myself, I know it would have worked, and am saving it for another day.

My Captured Moment and Making Pineapple Smoothies

My Captured Moment and Making Smoothies

But under Joe’s supervision I agreed to a spoonful of sugar and a banana as the golden ingredient to make this smoothie great. Now I will give it to Joe it did taste great and apart from the sugar it was also healthy. This is the bit that gets me, although he liked it after 4 sips he decided to trundle off and play with his new toy again, leaving said smoothie, potential Pina Colada for me to finish off.

My Captured Moment and Making Pineapple Smoothies

My Captured Moment and Making Pineapple Smoothies

Yes, it tasted amazing, but in the back of my mind I knew it could have been a Pina Colada. In reflection our day was chilled apart from the incessant pacing of the floor, I terrified a delivery-man, and nearly made a Pina Colada.

But that’s parenting isn’t it? And do you know what I wouldn’t change it for the world. Mmm apart from next time Joe has a parcel due, I am going to add a few days onto the delivery date, a little lie that wont hurt anyone but will save my ears and our wood floor! Click here for stockist of our Soup/Smoothie maker.

My Captured Moment and Making Pineapple Smoothies

Running in Lavender

Author of Extraordinary Chaos a family lifestyle and travel blog from a 40+ mum of teenage boys, sharing our family travels, recipes, reviews and country living. Also the co editor of Cruising With Kids Family Cruise Blog

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. Emma Brisdion
    24th March 2016 / 10:21 pm

Brilliant Sarah always tell a little white lie on the delivery due date I learnt that lesson along time ago, also loving your photography, I need to get lessons off my daughter who is doing photography at Manchester Met.

25th March 2016 / 7:20 pm

Ha ha Emma that is so the way forward, and thank you so much, I am trying hard to work on my photography, I would love to study at the Manchester Met I bet it is incredible x

2. 24th March 2016 / 10:34 pm

Love this. I also need that smoothie maker. My blender has totally given up the ghost! Loving the missed opportunity on the pins colada

25th March 2016 / 7:21 pm

Thanks Karen, I know I would be lost without it now, and yes next time Pina Colada all the way x

3. 25th March 2016 / 6:55 pm

Oooh that smoothie looks good. Ours broke up from school yesterday and this break seems so long, just under three weeks! It’ll be great to have some lazy days with them at home. Hope you have a lovely Easter x #MyCapturedMoment

25th March 2016 / 7:22 pm

our have to go back in between Kirsty and then get another 2 weeks off it is madness, so Easter break is not officially until April x

4. 25th March 2016 / 8:40 pm

Your holidays sound the same as ours Sarah. Mine go back in Tuesday and break up for 2 weeks on the Friday. We changed to a ‘Spring break’ 5 years ago and we always have the first full 2 weeks in Easter. Though Easter usually falls in the 2 weeks apart from this year. I will make a mental note about deliver dates for the future. No wonder you were so glad to see the delivery man lol x

25th March 2016 / 9:10 pm

Tracey they are so odd this year? I am so looking forward to when they are off in 2 weeks x

5. 26th March 2016 / 5:36 am

Hi Sarah, I’d add a week to a delivery date next time if I was you, impatience can make everyone jittery (we rarely get a postal delivery once a week here, which you sort of get used to).

I have never thought to add coconut to a smoothie! We don’t get coconut yogurt, but a good slosh of coconut milk should do the trick; will be popping some in the shopping basket next week!

Hope you are enjoying your Easter weekend.

xx

27th March 2016 / 7:26 pm

Lovely thanks Debbie, how about you? And yes I will never reveal the date again far to stressful x

6. 26th March 2016 / 8:11 am

This made me laugh! Never ever tell the kids about deliveries – I have made this mistake before, too, and it cost me! Smoothies sound lovely, though 🙂 Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

27th March 2016 / 7:26 pm

The smoothie was fab Jocelyn, and yes I learnt a huge lesson there x

28th March 2016 / 4:21 pm

Thank you Merlinda and yes it was so tasty but next time a cocktail x

7. 29th March 2016 / 1:23 pm

Sounds like you needed that cocktail Sarah! Bless Joe, he knew what he wanted that smoothie to taste like and it seems like he made it work. Ooh I’ll have to try that ASDA yogurt, I love natural yogurt with honey. These pictures are beautiful. Thanks for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

29th March 2016 / 10:07 pm

Ha ha yes he did, and the yoghurt form Asda is delicious, thank you Heledd xx

4th April 2016 / 9:26 pm

Thanks Bonnie, it was, but next time cocktails x