Me and Mine March 2016

Here we are at the end of March! I can’t believe Me and Mine has come around so quickly, and in true Christie form we weren’t prepared again. I had grand plans but we are always busy always rushing somewhere. So the quest for the perfect family photo goes on!

Me and Mine March 2016 2

This month I feel I got one step nearer, but there were hitches. When I decided last night to get everyone out for a family photo Jack was in the middle of a game of FIFA. It seems on this occasion FIFA took priority and of course the careers of lots of pretend inch high football players were hanging in the balance, thus my proposed Christie team photo was met with much grunting and groaning, but a final agreement to co-operate for 10 minutes after his match, grrr.

After pacing the floor and waiting for the all-important match to end we set off on a dash to the field, I with my tripod in hand and excited about using my remote app to take the photos. It has taken me ages to work out how to do this and was feeling giddy about trying it out.

Me and Mine March 2016 2

So there we were with 7 minutes remaining until the next match, the wind blowing and my tripod staked into the ground. Jack was moaning a groaning as I set up, Chris moaning at Jack for moaning and Joe taking the golden opportunity to wind Jack up. But hey my remote worked until the circulation stopped in my freezing fingers and I could no longer get my touch screen to work.

Me and Mine March 2016 2

Me and Mine March 2016 2

Then just as I took my last shot Jack sprinted off home, Chris and Joe disappeared into the field with Toby leaving me like a Billy no mates to dismantle my tripod and walk home alone. But happy I had my shots.

Me and Mine March 2016

Tips for next month: This angle is not a great one for my double chin, I need to set the camera higher or put us lower, I had to discard loads. Plan better to avoid important imaginary football matches, although how easy it is to plan against an imaginary world I am not sure.

And I know I say this every month but DO NOT leave it until the last day. But hey, lots of memories created here, that one-day we will laugh at. And I am one step nearer to the perfect family shot. But then I suppose in our own chaotic way they are all perfect to us.

Running in Lavender
The Me and Mine Project

1. 31st March 2016 / 2:24 pm

I love your write-up, Sarah. Haha, I know the double chin angle only too well :-). I am also using my phone as a remote – works brilliantly, doesn’t it? #MyCapturedMoment

31st March 2016 / 9:36 pm

Ah thanks Heidi, I know I am obsessed with getting the right angle ha ha x

2. 1st April 2016 / 9:36 pm

oh Sarah I had to laugh! I love that these shots and this post just capture real life and that is the memory we all want to remember really isn’t it? Those normal days. Bloomin hate FIFA though, if I could accidentally snap the disc I would haha!! xx

3rd April 2016 / 5:31 pm

Ha ha I know grrr Fifa, but you are right these are the moments I will cherish although I will continue on my quest for the perfect family photo x

3. 2nd April 2016 / 5:47 pm

I can just imagine the stress you went through Sarah with a teen and Fifa. Love Jack’s new haircut by the way, and I know I say it every month but you do well getting Jack in a photo. I really struggle with Morgan now, teens eh. And I had to giggle with the Christie boys leaving you to struggle with the tripod, hope you made them pay lol x

3rd April 2016 / 5:34 pm

Ha ha thanks Tracey, yes it was a drama this month, I cant believe how grown up Jack looks with his new hairstyle ! And yes it was like they were embarrassed walking with me with my tripod ! x

4. 3rd April 2016 / 10:27 am

This is something that we need to do. We have very few pictures of the five of us together. But I will admit that it is nearly impossible to get all five of us, looking the same way and smiling. There is always someone pulling a face or looking the wrong way, but those pictures show the real us and I would not change them. Hope you have a lovely week x #mycapturedmoment

3rd April 2016 / 5:43 pm

Thanks Kirsty, I must say sometimes it feels like such an effort and ours are never perfect either but when I got to the end of the year and made a collage of our year I was thrilled and it felt so worth it x

5. 3rd April 2016 / 3:23 pm

Great photos. I’m always trying, and failing, to remember to take photos of all four of us together.

3rd April 2016 / 5:45 pm

Elfa I literally remember at the last minute every month when I see others posting their me and mine, but I am so glad I do it x

6. 3rd April 2016 / 9:29 pm

Ah I love the story behind your photos, I imagine this will be me in a few years to come with my boys! xx

3rd April 2016 / 9:49 pm

Alex you have so much to look forward to, yes they can at times be un co-operative but live with them is never dull, its always fun x

7. 5th April 2016 / 2:34 am

This is a hilarious write up!! Can’t just picture you all in the field and hear you shouting orders x

5th April 2016 / 9:38 pm

Why Karen are you suggesting I am bossy ha ha, yes it was exactly like that x

8. 5th April 2016 / 7:44 am

Absolutely adore this! Extraordinary Chaos to a T! Awesome! Xx

5th April 2016 / 9:42 pm

Ha ha yes it is Kat, and thank you xx

9. 6th April 2016 / 9:04 pm

Oh Sarah I hear you, some months (as much as I love our me and mine pictures) it’s so hard to get everyone together and happy to take a picture. Well done though you managed it and from the pictures you’d never say that there was any issues.

Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

6th April 2016 / 10:01 pm

Ha ha thanks Heledd, isn’t it funny what a photo can mask, although I still love it xx