My Weekly Round Up And Being Busy

This week has been manic, I haven’t stopped, but you don’t mind being busy when it’s all fun stuff. We have such a chaotic month coming up, all very exciting, but that means I have loads to do to ensure I am up to date at home.

This week at college we learnt about slow speed shutters and I found myself on the motorway bridge taking photos of passing cars to try to capture long lights. I must say, I did chuckle at myself stood on the motorway bridge with my tripod set up. Not something I thought I would ever do. In fact if I had seen this sight a couple of years ago I would have rolled my eyes and mutter geek.

My Weekly round up, Busy

But the fact is, to learn a skill you have to be open to new ideas. Only this week I was chatting to a lovely lady who said, “You should go through life surprising yourself, trying new things and not feeling scared about looking silly”. I thought that was very wise advice.

y Weekly round Up, Busy

I love the results, not the bright photos I am used to taking, but I can’t believe I have learnt a new skill, and such a simple technique, I have lots of ideas of how to develop this further now. The two photos I am sharing here are both on long shutter speed, one 30 seconds one 5.  The 30 felt like ages!

Midweek Chris and I went into Manchester for a pre valentine’s stay, we had such a wonderful time. And just having the chance to visit art galleries and museums was fantastic. We go into Manchester quite a bit but it is usually for dinner, shopping, or a show, and are always rushing. This little trip taught me there is so much under our nose that we don’t notice.
y Weekly round Up, Busy

The most exciting part of out trip was seeing Mary Poppins, omg I just loved it. It was every bit as magical as I hoped it would be.

My Weekly Round Up Busy

I wound up my week working on an exciting little vlog project but more about that later, but it was a fun afternoon and I got to catch up with one of my closest friends too.

Chris is working this weekend grrr, so the boys and I are having a chill out weekend. I am on football duty too, I am not a fan of football but the boy’s love taking me on the match, and so I do always end up enjoying it. Although much to their embarrassment I take a blanket to keep warm, but it is blooming freezing on those terraces.

What Katy SaidThe Reading Residence

1. 6th February 2016 / 12:54 pm

You’ve had a GREAT week. I love those photographs Sarah and am so happy that you’re enjoying the course. I want to do one now too!!!! And glad you enjoyed Manchester and the show 🙂 Jess xx

6th February 2016 / 8:48 pm

Ah thank you Jess, You will love it, I am loving my course x

2. 6th February 2016 / 1:04 pm

A very busy week! I love that new photo technique, it looks so effective and well worth being on that bridge for! Glad you had a nice time in Manchester and that you loved the show, it is magical. Enjoy the football! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

6th February 2016 / 8:49 pm

Ha ha yes it was freezing but worth it, Manchester was amazing and the show I just loved it xx

3. 6th February 2016 / 2:37 pm

Those photos look so cool, definitely worth taking the time out for! I bet seeing Mary Poppins was fab, I’ve heard lots of good things about the show. x #happydays

6th February 2016 / 8:50 pm

Oh Jessica Mary Poppins was just amazing, and thank you xx

4. 6th February 2016 / 10:49 pm

Love the sound of your trip to Manchester, I love shows, galleries and museums so it sounds like a dream trip to me. Good on you for learning about photography – that’s something I’d really like to do too. Your photos are really cool 🙂

7th February 2016 / 10:27 am

Thanks Robyn, it was fantastic just having that opportunity to wanted and take my time looking at art was fantastic x

5. 7th February 2016 / 9:59 pm

Love those photos, Sarah. You’re doing so well. I don’t play around with my camera enough. I have a new photo book though so I’m holding out for a few minutes spare now and again to read it and pick up some more tips.

8th February 2016 / 10:11 pm

Thanks Rachel, although today I took some pretty rubbish ones, i suppose it is all trial and error isnt it? bring on brighter days x

6. 11th February 2016 / 9:45 pm

Oh wow, your photos are fantastic! I was reading about shutter speed in a photography magazine (practical photography I think?) and there some photos of traffic at night like yours. It’s such a cool effect! Glad you had a lovely time in Manchester. Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky!x

12th February 2016 / 8:18 pm

Thanks Sian, I cant believe the stuff I am learning it is s interesting I am loving it x

7. 12th February 2016 / 7:06 pm

WOWEE I am loving those photos. I really want to try that technique but not sure i am quite as good a student to be out in the dark to do it haha!! Thanks for joining in #HappyDaysLinky x

12th February 2016 / 8:21 pm

Ha ha Kate, trust me it is so interesting every week I am so excited to see what I learn I am loving it x