My Weekly Round Up & Feeling Thankful

It’s been a funny old week, busy with lots of little bits of things. But I have come through the other end feeling thankful.

My photography course was fab this week, we looked at light and shade and aperture. This is something I have never ever thought about. I chase light, and sun. We looked at taking shots in the dark, and using artificial light to cast shadows and create mood. This has been a real revelation to me. Not all photos need to be light and bright, the can have shadows, that is ok.

Well, I must say I was feeling a little apprehensive about this, but decided to take the photos for my Paella Post at night. And I am thrilled with them; I hope I have got the shade right? But for my first attempt, I am happy. I only have 4 more weeks but have learnt so much. When it has finished have a plan to set myself a target every week to challenge myself.

Cooking Paella And Thinking Of The Sun

We have also excitedly been planning a little trip to Guedelon a Chateau Fort in France, I just know the boys are going to love it, and Chris and I are so looking forward to visiting the French countryside.

And last night I finally had my leaving do from work, it was wonderful as so many past colleagues and friends came along and we had a great catch up. Its feels so amazing to know that people will turn out on a cold February evening to celebrate with you.

It helped me to remember that I had some happy times, as sometimes it is easy to forget isn’t it? But I most definitely made the right decision along with thousands of other teachers to walk away from education. I work in such a happy environment now, and I am loving every minute of it.

One example of this is when a couple of weeks ago I shared a heart light I loved from the gorgeous on-line shop Apple & Pip, the lovely Emma, owner of Apple & Pip sent me the light as gift. How kind is that, it makes me smile when people do something kind and ask for nothing in return. And it really is the most beautiful little shop. I am so glad I have found it. Thank you so much Emma x

Heart Lamp from Apple & Pip

Tonight we are off for a family meal to celebrate my beautiful Nieces 16th Birthday, we don’t get to see our Nieces much so to see them twice in a month is amazing as I just adore them.

What Katy Said

1. 27th February 2016 / 12:37 pm

I will be checking out this gorgeous shop Sarah! I’m re-doing The Teenager’s bedroom at the moment and so am looking for some funky, pretty bits to brighten it up. This looks just right 🙂 And your paella looks amazing! x

28th February 2016 / 7:12 pm

Suzzanne it has some lovely pieces, and I love, love, love the light it is so cute x

2. 27th February 2016 / 2:43 pm

That is a lovely way to look back over the week, feeling thankful. Your photos are gorgeous and I love how passionate you are about your course. Hope you have a lovely meal x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

28th February 2016 / 7:13 pm

Thank you the meal was fab, and I am so loving my course, I am dreading it ending as I have so much to learn x

3. 27th February 2016 / 3:55 pm

The photo of the paella looks amazing, as does the light! I’m always on the look out for brilliant new shops so I will take a look at theirs.

28th February 2016 / 7:13 pm

Thanks Isabelle, I know its great to find a quirky shop isn’t it xx

4. 27th February 2016 / 4:37 pm

Those photos are lovely particularly the last one of the heart light. Pleased to hear the photography course is enjoyable and I’m sure you are looking forward to the trip to France. #WotW

28th February 2016 / 7:15 pm

Ah thank you Helena, oh I love the course I would thoroughly recommend it, oh and France? I cant wait x x

5. 27th February 2016 / 7:22 pm

Oh wow I’d love to eat that Paella now, the photos are fabulous. I love the heart light too.

28th February 2016 / 7:15 pm

Thanks Catie, it tasted so so good and the light is just gorgeous x

6. 27th February 2016 / 8:05 pm

Your paella looks amazing, I think I need to book on a photography course as I am terrible with photos and yours are amazing ! I bet your trip to France is amazing , I hope you have a wonderful time xx

28th February 2016 / 7:16 pm

Thanks Lindsay, honestly I am so glad I did this course it is incredible I have learnt so much x

7. 27th February 2016 / 10:09 pm

Your tea light is gorgeous, I love finding independent shops with beautiful little things like this. How lovely to have received something like this as a gift – there are some lovely folks out there!
    Sounds like you’ve had a really lovely week, lots of friends and family around you and enjoying life. I hope the feeling continues into next week xx
    #wotw

28th February 2016 / 8:01 pm

Thanks Tracey, I love it I know what a king gesture, and yes its been a lovely weekend thank you, yes and you too xx

8. 28th February 2016 / 3:56 pm

I love the heart light Sarah, this would go really well in our new playroom. I think your photo of your paella is beautiful, and you can really tell you are enjoying your course so much. Sounds as if you had a lovely night for your leaving do on Friday. I hope your head was not too sore on Saturday morning lol xx

28th February 2016 / 8:02 pm

I was a little sore oops, but yes I love m light it is so pretty Tracey, it would be fab for your playroom x

9. 28th February 2016 / 10:10 pm

Oh wow!! That paella looks amazing it really is one of my most favourite dishes! Hope you have a good week x

29th February 2016 / 8:13 pm

It tasted fab Kirsty, and yes it is in my top 10 too, you too have a fab week x

10. 1st March 2016 / 8:47 pm

I can see a huge difference in your photos, Sarah. Imagine how amazing they’re going to be in four weeks time!!

1st March 2016 / 9:43 pm

Thanks Rachel, I just love experimenting, and feel so much braver x

11. 1st March 2016 / 9:00 pm

I need to do a photography course! It sounds amazing, I have no clue about how to use my camera properly at the moment and I’m just trying to pick up tips as I go but I think I need to be shown. I will see if I can find one! #HappyDaysLinky

1st March 2016 / 9:43 pm

Louise I am loving it, I have learnt so much x

12. 4th March 2016 / 10:47 pm

Leaving do?? Better late than never eh? Your photos are fab, I always look forward to seeing them.
    Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

6th March 2016 / 2:40 pm

Ha ha I know, but to be honest Kate I am not sure I would have felt ready before, but I am so glad they arranged it as I had a wonderful evening, and thank you x