Home » Me And Mine January, My Captured Moment

Me And Mine January, My Captured Moment

This post is so late, but I decided better late than never. I want to create a post for each month so I can make another collage next year. We took these snaps a couple of weeks ago when we had a week of glorious snow. On this particular day the wind was driving so hard across the hills and it was freezing, but not much keeps us in.

Me and Mine January, My Captured Moment

Me and Mine January, My Captured Moment

The boys were desperate to get their sledges out and hit the hills, so we wrapped up warm, topped up Jacks carbs and set off for a long winters walk. It is such a relief when the ground is finally frozen. When the weather is consistently wet you just cant get out on the hills. The puddles get so deep, I remember Joe once stepped into a puddle and it went to his waist, we had to drag him out.

Me and Mine January, My Captured Moment

The boys spent ages sledging down hills and then running back up dragging the sledge behind them, Toby excitedly running alongside saying to keep up. I always wonder why they don’t get bored on going up and down the same hill? Though they never do.

Lets face it, snow is exciting for adults, or is it just me? But the feeling I got as a child, when I woke in the morning to a white world was just magical. And living here really is like a winter wonderland on days like this, when you get out on those fields with nothing but countryside around you, you really could be anywhere.

Me and Mine January, My Captured Moment

In true Christie form getting a shot of us all looking, smiling, not pulling silly faces, is virtually impossible, so I have shared my favourites. There is never one great photo just a collection of crazy shots, but that is my little mad family.

Me and Mine January, My Captured Moment

Me and Mine January, My Captured Moment

Me and Mine January, My Captured Moment

Running in Lavender
The Me and Mine Project

Author of Extraordinary Chaos a family lifestyle and travel blog from a 40+ mum of teenage boys, sharing our family travels, recipes, reviews and country living. Also the co editor of Cruising With Kids Family Cruise Blog

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. 11th February 2016 / 1:51 pm

Ahhh!! These are great pictures Sarah, I love Joe’s face on the last one, he seems such a character. They are great pictures and feel very `January` xx

11th February 2016 / 8:27 pm

Ha ha he is Lisa, a real character, I cant believe we have snow forecast again for the weekend x

2. Heidi - @Cosmochicklitan
    11th February 2016 / 2:01 pm

Lovely pictures! You seem to have had quite a bit of snow. We only had a sprinkling a few weeks ago. Not enough to take the sledge out, but we built a teeny tiny snowman :-). I wouldn’t mind a few more snowy days this year. #MyCapturedMoment

11th February 2016 / 8:27 pm

I think its due this weekend Heidi, I must say we do love a snow day x

3. 11th February 2016 / 6:54 pm

This seems such a great project to be involved in each month. You certainly had lots of snow which make for gorgeous pictures. I bet your heart was in your mouth when Joe jumped in that deep puddle x

11th February 2016 / 8:35 pm

Tracey I love this project, it is so wonderful to be part of. And yes it was Tracey but that is life with Joe ha ha, so many moments like that x

4. 11th February 2016 / 7:43 pm

You are right there is something about the snow that brings out the kid in all of us. Looks like you had a great time together. #MyCapturedMoment

11th February 2016 / 8:36 pm

Yes there is, it makes me so excited when it starts to fall fast and heavy, I just love it x

5. 13th February 2016 / 3:53 am

Wow! All of that snow on the countryside does truly make it a winter wonderland. How lovely! We are having such a warm winter here in the southern US, and we haven’t had any snow at all this year.

13th February 2016 / 7:11 pm

It has been beautiful, and not disruptive which makes a change. I love snow and all the joy it brings the boys x

6. 16th February 2016 / 7:42 pm

Ah Sarah, these are perfect Me and Mine pictures!! I’m so jealous you got all that snow, we literally got none : (

You look so happy with all your boys! Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

18th February 2016 / 9:12 pm

Thanks Heledd, it was so fantastic we loved all the snow and yes I love being out and about with them x