Falling Off Segways And Playing Golf, Q Hop Day 6

We awoke to another glorious day; we really have been so lucky with the weather this week, especially as it was forecast snow. Q Lodges is one of those places that the weather doesn’t really matter. But a sunny day makes you smile doesn’t it?

After a chilled out breakfast we headed of to the golf club to meet Iain for our lesson, I have learnt some great tips this week and with every lesson I love golf that little bit more.

Falling Off Segways And Playing Golf

Today I managed to drive the ball a little farther, not as far as Chris and the Boys much to their amusement, but I am pleased with my slow but sure improvement.

Falling Off Segways And Playing Golf

After our lesson we headed to the very beautiful Stantons Lounge for a warm up and hot drink, I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to try to get some nice shots of Chris and the Boys, but gave up due to their total lack of cooperation.

Falling Off Segways And Playing Golf

Falling Off Segways And Playing Golf

Falling Off Segways And Playing Golf

This afternoon Jack and I headed off to take part in the Segway experience with Q Lodges on site activity lodge, Off Limits.  Whilst Chris and Joe had a game of mini golf. Now I don’t know if you have ever been on a Segway? But it’s not as easy as it looks, within 5 minutes I had one leg on the floor hoping around a spinning Segway before collapsing on a heap on the floor. Jack found this very amusing, as clearly he was an expert.

Falling Off Segways And Playing Golf

I will be honest at this point I nearly threw the towel in but our amazing instruction Mark would not allow me to quit so early, and supported me through the next 10 minutes until I regained my confidence. I must say although I thoroughly enjoyed the Segway safari I was so glad to get my feet back on solid ground.  Jack just loved every minute and was whizzing around with the confidence that only kids and teens seem to have.

We are now sat chilling, before we start the pre dinner rush to get ready. Tonight we are dining at Stantons Brasserie and have two very special guests with us, our nieces are joining us for dinner and I cant wait to see them.

Running in Lavender
Share:

1. 21st February 2016 / 1:42 pm

Glad you didn’t give up but I’d be a bit like you. Chasing the segway down the road probably! Great to have such blue skies this week too #MySundayPhoto

21st February 2016 / 4:16 pm

It gave me such a scare I was shaking, but I was so glad I continued as it was fantastic, Jack was laughing his head off, so much for support ha ha x

2. 21st February 2016 / 3:14 pm

I think I’d be like you – the boys were whizzing around on them when we were in Portugal last summer, but I suspect I’d have ended up with some kind of injury…

21st February 2016 / 4:18 pm

Ha ha Sally, it is sticky at first but when you get the hang of it is so much fun x

3. 21st February 2016 / 8:31 pm

I’m coming under a fair bit of segway pressure from my boys – know they’d love it, but not sure I’d be as brave as you – think I might be watching from the sidelines!
    Feel your pain, trying to get a decent photo of everyone – my lot never make it easy either. Drives me mad!

22nd February 2016 / 6:29 pm

Ha ha five it a go, once you get going it is fine, its the fear at first. Once I felt confident I loved it x

4. 22nd February 2016 / 8:42 pm

We always look at the Segways when we go to Centerparcs but somehow change our mind. The instructors always make it look so easy but I can imagine I would just be spinning around too holding on for dear life. How lovely that your nieces met you for dinner x

22nd February 2016 / 9:14 pm

Ha ha honestly it was quite fun once I got used to it, in fact I would do it again. And yes it was amazing to have dinner with the girls they are such great company x

28th February 2016 / 7:03 pm

Ha ha thanks Sara, it was actually so much fun x

5. 25th February 2016 / 1:21 pm

Sounds fun! Great photo’s! I would love to try a segway but know I’d fall off ha ha!! The break looks amazing. Jess xx

#mycapturedmoment

25th February 2016 / 9:29 pm

It was Jess we loved it, the Segway was scary but fun x

6. 25th February 2016 / 4:03 pm

Oh my you were brave to get back on, I would have definitely been tempted to give in. It looks like a great place Sarah, isn’t it a pain when they won’t co-operate for pictures? xx

25th February 2016 / 9:34 pm

Ha ha I felt brave Lisa, but it was fun and Forest Pines is wonderful x

7. 26th February 2016 / 9:11 pm

Oh no Sarah, you poor thing! That would be me too, I’m always rubbish at these things. I bet the boys loved the experience though. The hotel looks amazing from that shot. You’ve had so many amazing weekends away as Q Lodge ambassadors and so many great family memories. I love reading these Q posts!

Thank you for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

28th February 2016 / 7:04 pm

Yes Heledd Jack loved it, but I would do it again, it was scary but fun. Ah thank you I know I have been very lucky Q are an incredible brand x

8. 10th March 2016 / 5:56 am

Yes , that is really wonderful.
    At the start even I was very nervous to drive it off but after some time I got the hands on as per instructions given by the instructor.
    that was really fun. 🙂

11th March 2016 / 10:33 am

I know if you have a great instructor it makes it so much easier, I was so lucky to have such a great instructor x