A Day at the Beach, Q Hop Day 1

Today is the first day of our Q Hop, which has started at Forest Pines Golf and Spa resort. I must say the facilities are fantastic, the rooms are stylish, and the staff very helpful and friendly. We have had an explore and a swim, and I am sure we will get the chance to explore a little more tomorrow before setting of to the Cambridge Belfry.

A Day on the beach

We decided to stop off at the beach on our way, and ooh it was cold and windy. Living in a hilly rural area, a trip to a flat beach is a real novelty. Joe had such a great time exploring, and collecting shells. Jack was not feeling the beach love and even turned down the obligatory bag of chips. Well, you can’t visit the beach on a cold day and not have chips can you?

A Day on the beach

A Day on the beach

A Day on the beach

The tide seemed to be miles out, leaving behind a beautiful ripple effect in the sand. It was breathtaking, so natural but beautiful. Its funny, our boys haven’t really spent too much time at the beach. I think that is something to do with the fact that Chris and I are most definitely drawn to cities. And at home we are blessed with the glorious Lancashire countryside, that every-time I step into takes my breath away.

A Day on the beach

A Day on the beach

However there is something serene about a Sunday walk on the beach, this is most definitely an activity I endeavour to replicate. I am sure Toby would just love it too, something so simple, yet almost feels good for the soul.

Running in Lavender
OneDad3Girls

1. 14th February 2016 / 8:09 pm

Beautiful collection of photos, it looks like you had a good time on the beach

15th February 2016 / 1:40 pm

Thank you, yes we had a fantastic time x

2. 15th February 2016 / 7:43 pm

Lovely photos Sarah and yes how can you visit the beach without indulging in fish and chips. Enjoy your time at Forest Pines x

16th February 2016 / 11:18 am

Thank Tracey, we had an amazing time, bak to eating healthy when I get home though x

3. 15th February 2016 / 8:03 pm

It’s been too long since I was on a beach though I did briefly walk through a little seawater at high tide last week! It looks so cold but beautiful too 🙂

16th February 2016 / 11:19 am

Thanks Lisa, it was freezing but just stunning xx

4. 17th February 2016 / 2:33 pm

We just got home from the beach! Its raining and quite windy today but visiting the beach always feels nice whatever the weather is =) #mysundayphoto

18th February 2016 / 9:14 pm

Yes it does doesn’t it? I love that feeling of open freedom of the beach x

5. 18th February 2016 / 10:32 am

Great photo’s as always Sarah and what a lovely place to spend time. We haven’t been to the beach in ages!!! Can’t wait to go again soon. Jess xx

#mycapturedmoment

18th February 2016 / 9:17 pm

Thanks Jess, yes he beach is so beautiful isn’t it, it feels so calming being there x

6. 18th February 2016 / 1:13 pm

really lovely photos! Have a great time! It looks really cold but at least it’s sunny! Perfect for chips followed by hot chocolate I would say!! #mycapturedmoment

18th February 2016 / 9:19 pm

Thanks Christine, and yes perfect chip weather ha ha x

7. 19th February 2016 / 8:43 am

Great pictures! We live close to a beach and love beach walks – especially early in the morning when there aren’t too many people about yet! I love seeing all your Q Hop pictures on Instagram. Sounds like you are having a fantastic time! #MyCapturedMoment

20th February 2016 / 11:46 am

Yes Heidi I was surprised how busy it was, ah thank you we have had such a great time x

8. 19th February 2016 / 2:03 pm

Yes chips are obligatory. We love the beach, I always pick to go when it is my turn, whatever the weather. A gorgeous set of pictures Sarah and I am delighted you are having a great time, that is what half terms are for surely?!? xx

20th February 2016 / 11:49 am

Exactly Lisa, chilling and family time. I must say we had a lovely time on the beach, something so simple yet so much fun x

9. 19th February 2016 / 4:11 pm

Hi Sarah, it does look cold in your photos,. I can’t imagine living too far away from a beach as walking on a deserted beach is a perfect way to blow the cobwebs away. I hope you took Jack to see a Doctor! Hot chips on a cold day at the beach is compulsary (if you don’t go too often).

xx

20th February 2016 / 11:50 am

Ooh I bet it is, I bet it is gorgeous on a summers morning x

10. 20th February 2016 / 9:06 am

Ah Sarah your pictures are getting better and better each week!! That new camera of yours has been a great investment. I love going to the beach at this time of year (actually any time of year!), getting all wrapped up and walking along the dramatic scene. The colours and simply stunning. Thank you so much for linking up to #mycapturedmoment xx

20th February 2016 / 11:55 am

Ah thank you Heledd, I must say I am thrilled with my camera, I just love it and yes we loved our walk on the beach, it just clears you mind doesn’t it ? x

11. 20th February 2016 / 4:47 pm

Wonderful collection of images. I love the beach in the winter, feeling like you have it all to yourself! Definitely good for the soul x

20th February 2016 / 5:40 pm

Thank you Sara, I know it was beautiful and certainly something we will make the effort to do more of x

12. 20th February 2016 / 7:27 pm

That is a very empty beach – perfect! It looks very brisk – definitely helps to clear away the cobwebs 🙂 #MyCapturedMoment

20th February 2016 / 9:10 pm

It was actually quite busy, I just avoided getting people on the pic Victoria, but it was lovely having a family walk x