Executive Games Room Lodge Review At Center Parcs, Whinfell Forest

Every year since Joe was born we have spent the weekend before Christmas at Center Parcs, Whinfell Forest. The first year we booked it because it was the only time we could fit in a break that year. But we fell in love with the Winter Wonderland vibe, and have visited every year since.

And on this trip we stayed in the Executive Games Room Lodge

A look around the 4 Bedroom Executive Games Room Lodge at Center Parcs, Whinfell Forest www.extraordinarychaos.com

The Executive Games Room Lodge was perfect.

Over the years we have done so many  Center Parcs activities in that time, to the point that this year the boys were just not bothered about booking activities. I think this had a lot to do with the fact that we had only booked the 2-day pre-Christmas break this year due to the way Christmas fell. As we like to come home just in time for Christmas, the week before would not have felt the same.

We also decided to share an executive lodge with our wonderful friends Ruth, Darren and Fin. And figured as we have been away together for 6 years and not fallen out, and were constantly trekking to the sports plaza so the boys could play pool so decided to book an executive games room lodge together. I must say we all got on so well, this is a great option when traveling with friends. The Woodland Lodges next door to each other are usually our lodges of choice; however it worked out slightly cheaper to share and with better facilities.

The differences between the woodland and the executive games room lodge at Center Parcs are all listed on the Center Parcs website.

However for me the main difference was that it felt cozier, the colour scheme is a lot calmer than the green and orange of the woodland lodge.

The executive games room lodge theme is based around red and purple tones

With the addition of lamps to make the lodge feel that bit more homely and cozy. And with whirlpool baths, and extra luxuries in the kitchen such as a coffee maker and wine fridge. And for the adults there is an infra-red therapy room.

But the best feature of  the Executive lodge at Center Parcs was the games room.

It features a pool table and Xbox 360. The room is a large room with plenty of space to fit the whole family. You must pay a refundable deposit of £100 to hire the Xbox games and the remote controls from the village center.

The great thing about this is you can swap your games, so we had many hours of fun dancing away to Now Dance one night and the next evening testing our agility on the Family challenge.

I did not think I would enter the games room its just not my thing, but when traveling with friends it is such a great option, and as the weather was so bad that weekend that it was a godsend having a space like this,  we were also able to enjoy mulled wine but the open fire whilst all the boys battled at pool.

This Executive lodge At Center Parcs is a fantastic option when traveling with friends, especially with kids, and most definitely an option I would consider again.

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. 22nd January 2016 / 4:44 pm

I don’t think I should have read your post today, when all I can think of is last week we would have been heading to Whinfell. I LOVE the look of the lodge you stayed in. The games room must have been a great addition, and I must admit Hywel and Morgan spent a fair bit of time at The Sports Plaza playing pool. And lamps !!!! don’t get me started on this subject. I really wish the woodland lodges had lamps in the living area, as its either too bright or too dark. I think I might pack my own next time lol. Glad sharing the lodge worked out well. I think sharing would be the only way we would get to stay in an exec lodge with games room. Oh I do love Centerparcs xx

22nd January 2016 / 8:36 pm

I know Tracey it is so annoying not having a lamp, the lodge was fab we spent a fortune last time in the sports plaza, we still nipped in for a drink and the boys had a game of pool, but they loved the games room so much x

2. 22nd January 2016 / 10:38 pm

I have lovely memories of going to Centre parcs with my family and this lodge looks really good, love the idea of sharing with friends! xx

24th January 2016 / 12:20 pm

Thank you Julia, yes it is a great option especially if your friends are nice and chilled to and the kids on well x

3. 25th January 2016 / 5:44 pm

Hi Sarah, I’ve never been to a Center Parcs, but that lodge looks lovely. I bet the boys loved the games room too, a perfect way of ensuring that everyone had their bit of space.

xx

25th January 2016 / 7:32 pm

Thanks Debbie, yes they loved have a room to chill out in and it was great for us parents too x

4. 27th January 2016 / 11:34 am

We haven’t been to Centre Parcs for years but I would love to go back. It looks amazing Sarah! I’ve stumbled this post as I’m having a go at seeing whether it brings more traffic and how it works! Bear with 😉

27th January 2016 / 9:26 pm

Ah thank you Suzanne, stumbling really works for me, I love it although I can get a little distracted reading it ha ha, and yes the lodges are fab the boys loved the games room x

5. finlay h
    31st January 2016 / 2:47 pm

Sarah like your posts especially the one’s were you go on holidays glad i am in a post so thanks.

31st January 2016 / 6:20 pm

Ah you are welcome Fin xx

5th February 2016 / 9:40 pm

They did Karen, we couldn’t get them out x

6. 3rd February 2016 / 11:23 am

LOVE the idea of a lodge with a games room – such a fab idea. I’m planning another trip to Center Parcs next year and there’s a group of us so I’m going to look into this thanks.

5th February 2016 / 9:42 pm

Sam it was great for the kids, in fact we all loved it, the dancing was so much fun ha ha x

7. Shirley
    17th May 2016 / 7:24 am

Thanks for the info..we are staying in a games lodge at whinfell in 3 weeks..number 88 ..we’ve been before but stayed in the woodland lodges..looking forward to it..could you tell me a little more about the games..do you need to collect the console or just the games and controls? As we have plenty of these we could take ourselves..plus what make is the coffee maker..thanks in advance x

17th May 2016 / 7:32 am

Shirley I cant remember what make the coffee machine is, and the xbox was a 360 and yes we had to pay a deposit at reception for controls and games £100 I think but they returned it no problems, we did take one controller ourselves that connected no problem. Hope that helps and have a great time x

• Shirley
        17th May 2016 / 8:05 am

Thank you xx know it sounds bonkers about the coffee machine but heard they were pod ones so was trying to be organised.we have lots of Xbox games and several controllers so will try with them first…