Rainy Days and Muddy Puddles

I hear it so often, ooh we haven’t got out this weekend, the rain has been awful. This takes me right back to when Joe was only 2. We were about to go out for a walk and the heavens opened. That was it, I started to take my coat off, unwrap the boys, and we were not going out in that weather, no way. Joe looked at me with his big eyes and said please Mummy, it’s only water, please can we go out and jump in puddles. So we did, we had the most wonderful walk, splashing in the rain and the boys jumping in puddles. gray-rain-cloud

Let me also tell you a story about Florida in August, as we walked towards Magic Kingdom the rain was so heavy we were walking in a stream, the crowds were flooding out of the park. But we were one step ahead we had our rain gear. So we fought against the crowd, and for the next hour enjoyed Magic Kingdom in the rain, once the sun came out the crowds returned, but in that time we had walked to the front of queues, splashed in puddles and been photographed on a very quite main street, it was wonderful.Rainy Days and Muddy Puddles with Joules
Rain on most days is only water, yes we get those days where a storm causes catastrophic damage and devastation and you would be mad would venture out. But on an average windy, rainy day be prepared get out and make memories, let the kids run in rain, splash in the puddles, and if they are anything like my two they love every minute.

As this weather is getting no better, I plan to embrace it, be prepared and make memories rather than wishing the time away. Life seems to be speeding by so fast, I want to make every day count, even the rainy ones. So I have put together a little wish list, exactly what we need to make rainy outdoor days.

Rainy Days and Muddy Puddles with Joules

Just a few of my current favourites from Joules are;

I just adore the Neon Candy Waterproof and Stripped Wellies perfect for brightening up a rainy day.

The JnrSkipper raincoat and  French Navy Wellies are perfect for Joe and  puddle jumping experts.

For Jack and cool teens who love the rain but don’t like to admit it, the Stafford Quilted Jacket is super cool.

And the Waterfield Waterproof Jacket, perfect for not only family walks in the rain but the endless hours Chris spends standing pitch side at kids football matches.

And just because it’s my list this gorgeous Pom Pom Bobble Hat, has anyone noticed I have a thing for bobble hats?

And there you have it, something for all the family to enjoy long rainy day walks.

1. 29th January 2016 / 12:09 pm

You are so right, going out whatever the weather is the way forward, especially when we have so much rain at the moment! I have recently invested in a Joules raincoat actually and love it, it almost makes me happy when it rains! x

30th January 2016 / 1:24 pm

I know you would never get out Julia would you? Ha ha yes having great rainwear makes the rain even better x

2. 29th January 2016 / 12:36 pm

Wet weather is DEFINITELY nicer when you have something lovely to wear isn’t it?! The greyest day is always cheerier when you’re wearing bright pair of wellies or a lovely colourful mac! The boys are obsessed with jumping in muddy puddles-Peppa Pig has a lot to answer for 😉

30th January 2016 / 1:25 pm

Caro I agree, and ha ha Peppa Pig, funny I quite miss her now Joe has grown out of watching it x

3. 29th January 2016 / 12:55 pm

No such thing as bad weather just the wrong clothes. These all look fab and I have def filed your tip for magic kingdom!

30th January 2016 / 1:26 pm

Absolutely Karen, and yes we had a wonderful time in the rain at Magic Kingdom x

4. 29th January 2016 / 1:43 pm

I am now wondering it I could fit into that JNR Skipper coat as I LOVE it!! One of my favourite memories from when Lucas was young is a morning we spent at the park when it was raining – he had just turned one and was in his all in one waterproof and it was completely deserted – we had the best time! xx

30th January 2016 / 1:28 pm

HA HA Hayley, they have a gorgeous breton striped one in ladies wear, it is gorgeous x

5. 29th January 2016 / 2:03 pm

It’s only water! He explained it perfectly!

30th January 2016 / 1:31 pm

Yes, I have never questioned it again Marina x

6. 29th January 2016 / 2:46 pm

Agree!!!! There’s nothing better than seeing the twins enjoying splashing in muddily puddles! Love all your choices and that pink coat is gorgeous 🙂 Jess xx

30th January 2016 / 1:32 pm

I know Jess isn’t it beautiful, I am thinking I need that for rainy days, xx

7. 29th January 2016 / 6:05 pm

I am all for getting outside with the kids whatever the weather. Some really lovely pieces there that you have chosen!

30th January 2016 / 1:34 pm

Thanks Karen there is so much choice I love loads, I love getting outside on winters days, if I dont I get cabin fever. Although as I type storm Gertrude has brought us snow, it is so heavy at the moment x

8. 29th January 2016 / 8:32 pm

You are so right in that we should get out and embrace the rain more. Last summer we were caught in a torrential downpour which caused us endless fits of giggles as we were soaked through to our underwear. Funnily enough the kids still talk about it now. Love the items you have chosen x

31st January 2016 / 12:41 pm

Thanks Tracey, yes I don’t get why people stay in when its raining so much wasted time, when if you have rain wear you can embrace the rain x

9. 1st February 2016 / 8:49 pm

Joules really are the best for rainwear. I have a couple of their coats and the boys have their wellies and they’re so cool. I love that they don’t shy away from colour, too. They always look so nice even when the weather is dark and gloomy.

2nd February 2016 / 10:05 pm

I know I love Joules, in fact Chris and Joe wear lots of Joules too. Yes I love the colours, Joe and I also love the fluffy socks we have quite a few pairs each, they are so cozy, no other fluffy socks will do x

2nd February 2016 / 10:06 pm

Yes Heledd, it just doesn’t matter, we still get out and enjoy the weather x

10. 3rd February 2016 / 11:41 am

You already know this but I am desperate for a pair of Joules wellies! I adore them and think they would be just the thing for a muddy dog walk but still cool and colourful. This weather really is pants though, isn’t it?

5th February 2016 / 9:45 pm

Suzanne they are so colourful aren’t they, it makes going out in the rain a pleasure x

11. 12th April 2016 / 12:37 pm

I love rainy days and if it gets us to the front of a que faster I’m even happier!

16th April 2016 / 7:05 pm

Ha ha yes us too Stella x