Planning, My Weekly Round Up

The first week of January is a funny one isn’t it? You have lots of ideas and plan buzzing around in your head, what do I want to do, where do I want to go, what do I want to achieve? But you can’t plan it all in a week, and what is there to plan? A years worth of exciting ideas, hopes, dreams and resolutions that will naturally evolve, well, that is a little how I have felt, overwhelmed with my own ideas and plans.

I needed to start somewhere and I suppose the start was organising the boys and making the return to School smooth, and it was they were ready to go back to school. Of course they are excited about our plans for the year and can’t wait until the next school holiday, and I suppose part of all of that is getting into a routine and enjoying the next term rather than wishing our lives away. And I must say they were up and ready on their first morning raring to go.

Planning, My Weekly Round Up

As for me, I had a niggle about my blog, I write about quite a few subjects but did not feel it was properly reflected in the layout, I am a very visual person and wanted something a little more visual. With help from my great friend Rachel we found the perfect theme and tweaked the header, thanks Rachel you are a star. I love, love, love my new theme the homepage is exactly what I wanted, and every topic home page is now a collage I just love it.

I have also ordered a planner; you see although I plan dates on my phone I don’t always put the info in my diary. Chris gets so mad as I am always double booking us, and I mean always. My friends are used to me now thank goodness and are always forgiving me. After reading the lovely Katie’s post about planning I decided a planner was the way forward.

Planning, My Weekly Round Up

I had always used a Filofax up until getting an iPhone, and that for me worked so I have ordered a Kikki K planner, and omg it is gorgeous. Not only can I not wait for it to arrive, I have been pinning decorating ideas. I love crafting so this is right up my street

My desk is now finally finished, my chair arrived just before Christmas and this week we put up a shelf ledge and decorated it, I am so pleased with the final result it feel like my little haven, even though it is in the lounge it feels calm, so although I aim to not work as much when Chris and the boys are home, if I do I am still able to interact with them as I work.

Today Joe and are off to see the James Bond film, we have been waiting for Chris and Jack forever, but they are both busy so we decided we will wait no longer. Chris and Jack can go together when they get the time, but we plan an afternoon at the cinema with a huge bowl of popcorn.

What Katy Said

Author of Extraordinary Chaos a family lifestyle and travel blog from a 40+ mum of teenage boys, sharing our family travels, recipes, reviews and country living. Also the co editor of Cruising With Kids Family Cruise Blog

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. 9th January 2016 / 9:44 am

Ah what a lovely round up. I have so many note books and diaries on the go at the moment, I can always find room for another!

9th January 2016 / 10:11 pm

Ha ha thats the thing with beautiful diaries you can never have enough Karen, I ma a little addicted to pretty stationery x

2. Sammy From Mamma With Love
    9th January 2016 / 11:17 am

Love the blog layout and header – looks lovely! I got a kikki.k planner for christmas and I love it! Have started to personalise it but still need to find the time to finish it, watched some youtube videos of what people have done to theirs and can’t wait to finish sorting mine out! Have fun personalising yours! #HappyDaysLinky

9th January 2016 / 10:13 pm

I know I can believe how creative people are them Sammy, I wave been pining loads of tutorials I cant wait to get started x

3. 9th January 2016 / 11:46 am

The new theme looks gorgeous, love that collage effect. Oh, I am envious – Kikki K planners are just beautiful! I have an entire Pinterest board devoted to planners that you might enjoy 😉 Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

9th January 2016 / 10:14 pm

Ooh will check that out, thank you. I know I am getting a little giddy about it driving now. And my theme, I just love it xx

4. Imogene Reynolds (Little and Big)
    9th January 2016 / 12:13 pm

Oh I’ve got several notebooks devoted to planning everything, I really must get more organised this year.
    Haha I’m the same for trying to gather all events up in the first week, I think you get so you know you must just let things roll alone a little don’t you?

xx

9th January 2016 / 10:15 pm

Yes definitely Imogene, its like you are dying to get started but know you need to be patient. And heres to being more organised, I hope we both achieve it x

5. 9th January 2016 / 2:55 pm

Katie’s planner looked lovely, I hope you love yours. x

9th January 2016 / 10:16 pm

Thank you Aby, it took me ages to choose the right colour, I cant wait for it to arrive x

9th January 2016 / 10:19 pm

Jane you would love it, but I warn you once you start looking a decorating ideas it gets addictive x

6. 9th January 2016 / 10:22 pm

I love your new layout Sarah and well done to Rachel for helping. Its always nice to have some input from a friend. Sounds as if you have had a lovely week getting the boys back into the routine. I know what you mean about wanting to plan everything. I feel like that too, but I suppose we have all year to plan and not just the first few weeks of January xx

10th January 2016 / 9:54 am

Thanks Tracey, I just love it, it is exactly what I wanted. And yes Rachel was such a help. And yes as for the planning its a funny one you have to have some flexibility or your life don’t you or it would be to organised and planned, I think I need a happy medium x

7. 11th January 2016 / 6:54 pm

I’d never heard of Kikki K. I went to you tube and I’m astounded at how many videos there for for customising them!

11th January 2016 / 7:27 pm

I know, mine arrived today and I am a little addicted already I love it x

8. 13th January 2016 / 2:40 pm

Thanks for the mention although it was all your idea, I just pressed a few buttons!! 🙂 Hope you enjoyed the film. I’m dying to see it but haven’t found the time. I’ll probably end up having to wait until I can download it.

13th January 2016 / 7:49 pm

Rachel you were a great help, I was so disappointed it was not on grr so we too are going to have to wait till its on box office x

9. 14th January 2016 / 3:11 pm

What a great week! And a great word too – it was mine for this week! I love a good planner – it helps me stay more organised the nicer it looks haha

14th January 2016 / 9:06 pm

I know I cant believe how much easier it is going back to a good old paper planner, with your phone you cant check dates when you are on the phone which is such a pain x

10. 15th January 2016 / 5:14 pm

Been meaning to say I love your new header. Always good to feel happy with a layout etc you are happy with it it just starts to bug you doesn’t it? Hope you enjoyed the film, I will probably see it when it comes to dvd haha! Thanks for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

15th January 2016 / 7:50 pm

Thanks Kate, I love the new look especially my hope page,. We never got to see the film grrr so we are waiting for it to come out on DVD too x

11. 15th January 2016 / 11:38 pm

Ooh I hope you enjoyed the film! I loved it. I want to change my blog theme and layout too. I’ve not updated it in so long! Thanks for joining us for #HappyDaysLinky x

16th January 2016 / 10:03 pm

Thanks Sian, once you want to make a change it bugs you doesn’t it x