This year really is a case of New Year, new start. I am so lucky, lot of people faced with my situation have no idea what’s next. They make that decision to make a change, and then think now what? I sort of have a little foundation laid already, and the bricks are ready. I now have to begin building.
When I was deciding on my resolutions for the New Year, I was mindful not to set too many goals. Just set small steps, which will put me in the right direction. I am so aware of making myself feel bogged down so my goals that make me feel overwhelmed. But what goals do you set when part of your life has become a blank canvas? I suppose the place to start would be to fill the canvas, start colouring it in with gorgeous colours that make you smile, make you happy and look forward to the days ahead.
That’s what I want to be surrounded by happiness, health vibrant colours, I want my work life to be like my home life, fun, colourful, warm, exciting and filled with positivity. And so I have started colouring in, planning exciting adventures making sure the boys have the best possible childhood memories to take forward into the rest of their lives. And as for my resolutions, my tiny steps, I hope when I look back this time next year I smile a think they were the start of bigger things.
- To improve my photography, this was also a resolution last year, I think I have made a little headway. I can see an improvement. But I still have a way to go. So I have enrolled on a photography course that starts in January. The tutor is meant to be incredible I am so excited. I want to learn about focus, and photography in different lights so am hoping he will be able to help me with this.
- I have become quite set in my ways with the meals I cook so I would like to experiment a little more in the kitchen. I am going to start by making healthy home-made soups, I thought this would be a great way to eat a healthy lunch; I also need to shake up my meal planning up a little.
- Keep healthy. I am less tempted to snack at home than I was at work, so that is a huge head start. But I am not on my feet as much, which is a concern. I am hoping to combat this by taking Toby on longer walks, maybe introduce the odd run into my routine.
- Spend more time in London, we love London and have visited a few times this year but the boys have never stayed overnight. I aim to plan a couple of nights in London plus a winter visit. We always visit in the summer as the run up to Christmas is always so busy at work, school etc. This year I am going to plan a pre-Christmas visit in and book a hotel so it is set in stone.
- And my last resolution is to keep up the blogging momentum, I am mostly happy with my blog it’s been a fantastic year and February see’s my blogs 2nd birthday. All I can hope for is another great year like last year. If I can keep that momentum I will be very happy.
I hope you are as excited about your goals and resolutions as I am about mine. Here’s to 2016 and may it be a fantastic year for all of us.