My Weekly Round Up and Having Fun

It’s been a fun week; I have been so busy but doing lovely things that make me happy. Seriously why did I ever think this was a risk? I am doing things I love every day, even if it is just taking photos, or cooking, I love every minute.

My Weekly Round Up, And Fun

Last weekend we made a flying visit to Essex, one of our closest friends had a special birthday and a surprise party. It was a wonderful party, and was great to spend time with special friends and family. It might have only been a fleeting visit but we all had a great weekend.

I started the week by making soup with my new soup maker, it is just the best invention ever, and so quick and easy to use, I can’t wait to try a few cocktails in it. I was so worried about the photographs, as it was a dark rainy day and my kitchen is black gloss so it just absorbs light. I decided I was going to use this as an opportunity to do my photography homework. Our teacher Gus told us last week the key to good photography it to let the camera do the work, if you set the shot up correctly you will not need to do as much in edit.

Quick and Easy Low Fat Carrot and Coriander Soup, cooked in my Judge Soup Maker

Omg this was such a revelation to me; I usually take a photo and edit the life out of it. Gus showed us how to adjust iso to compensate light and macro to draw attention to certain areas. Now bear with me I have such a long way to go, but I was so thrilled with my soup shots I could have wept. The light has been so bad recently, and this helped so much, I still had to edit, but not to the level I normally do.

Quick and Easy Low Fat Carrot and Coriander Soup, cooked in my Judge Soup Maker

My new vintage phone arrived this week, it is beautiful a bit like a work of art, it funny I remember a time when these phones we so uncool, when the in thing was a walk about phone. Yet now they are icons of an era, we had to scour the internet to find exactly the right colour, but I am thrilled with it,  and it looks fab in my lounge.

My Weekly Round Up, And Fun

On Wednesday I day tripped over to Cheshire for a spa day at the Macdonald Craxton Wood Spa with my lovely friend Karen.  It was so great to have a chill, back massage, catch up, and a fab afternoon tea. Days like this are such a treat aren’t they? And the thermal suite at Craxton Wood is just gorgeous.

My Weekly Round Up, And Fun

My Weekly Round Up, And Fun

My Weekly Round Up, And Fun

This weekend is Chris’s birthday so we are looking forward to a chilled family weekend, and a family dinner at one of our favourite local restaurants, we have only been two or three times, but it has a lovely atmosphere, gorgeous modern but cozy decor and great food. Next week we have our valentines treat booked; I am beside myself with excitement, I can’t wait to have a bit of me time in Manchester, I aim to take some photos, and do a bit of people watching, maybe shopping, then meet up with Chris and enjoy a romantic dinner and a show, I cant wait.

What Katy Said

1. 30th January 2016 / 1:59 pm

Your photos are beautiful! And that phone is just adorable such a pretty colour
    #happydayslinky

31st January 2016 / 6:22 pm

Thank you Alice, I know i just love the colour of the phone. xx

2. 30th January 2016 / 2:32 pm

That phone looks awesome! We don’t have a house phone but I’m really tempted to get a retro one just for show. 🙂 #happydays

31st January 2016 / 6:26 pm

Ours is for show at the moment Jessica, we haven’t worked out how to run an extension to where we want it x

3. 30th January 2016 / 2:49 pm

The photos are fabulous, so light and bright, love them! I also adore your new telephone, pretty colour, too. Hope you all have a lovely birthday weekend and nice meal out x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

31st January 2016 / 6:29 pm

Ah thank you, yes its been a fab weekend and despite the rain a long country walk to walk of all that good food x

4. 30th January 2016 / 11:11 pm

Sounds like you’ve had a lovely week full of things you adore. I really like your photos and the flowers and phone are gorgeous. #wotw

5. SarahJChristie
    31st January 2016 / 6:30 pm

Thank you Helena, I love having rest flowers in, and could spend hours taking photos of flowers x

6. 31st January 2016 / 6:43 pm

Beautiful pictures. The tulips are such a stunning colour. They’re by far my favourite flower!

31st January 2016 / 6:46 pm

Thanks Sian me too, I just love tulips they are so pretty, and now I know how to make them last I love them even more x

7. 1st February 2016 / 8:37 pm

Loving your photos Sarah and your phone is gorgeous, I love the colour. I remember we used to have a cream one in our hall on one of those attractive phone seats everybody used to have lol. Your Spa day sounds wonderful. I love going for Spa days and have heard of Craxton Wood but have never been. Hope Chris has a wonderful birthday and enjoy your time in Manchester x

2nd February 2016 / 10:01 pm

We had cream to Tracey, you need to go to Craxton wood you will love it, x

8. 1st February 2016 / 8:42 pm

Look at your pictures. Look, look, look at your pictures. I’m totally singing that to a little tune in my head. You’re doing so well on your photo course. You can tell that something has clicked. They’re totally fab. I’ve been to Craxton Wood a few times but not for years. I think it’s been revamped since I was last there as it looks completely different (or maybe that’s because I spent most of my time in the bar).

2nd February 2016 / 10:03 pm

Thank you Rachel, I am so glad I did the course I am loving it. Braxton Wood looks like it has been completely renovated very recently it is very nice xx

9. 3rd February 2016 / 1:20 pm

Happy days indeed – looks like you are having a blast sweets. Love your pictures and your spa day sounds AMAZING!! Xx

5th February 2016 / 9:47 pm

Ah thanks Kat, yes I am loving every minute, and the spa oooh it was fantastic x

10. 5th February 2016 / 7:37 pm

YAY for being able to do your own thing whenever you like- told you it would all be ok didn’t i? I saw your kitchen shot the other day and thought how awesome it was. Also love that phone- Mr F’s grandma has hers from the actual old days, I’ll have to tell her she is trendy! haha!

Thanks for joining in #HappyDaysLinky x

5th February 2016 / 10:00 pm

I know Kate it is just wonderful, and yes you did my lovely thank you so much for your support It was very much needed that day. And I know how cool is the phone, I just love it x

11. 5th February 2016 / 8:48 pm

I am LOVING your photography – it is making me excited for when I do my workshop in a few weeks time! Your spa day sounds amazing, I could really do with a good pamper session. Thanks for joining us for #HappyDaysLinky x

5th February 2016 / 10:02 pm

Ah thank you Sian if its anything like my course you will just love it, and yes the spa day was fab, I do love a spa day x