Best Buddies, My Captured Moment

These are photos I took of Joe with his best buddy Fin at our festive pre-Christmas break. Every time I look at them I smile. Joe and Fin have been buddies since they were 6 months old. They met at nursery and have been best buddies ever since. It’s funny how fate and children bring friends together.

Best Buddies, My Captured Moment

Well, this pair who we call the terrible two were nearly 4 when we realised that we actually lived a stones throw away from each other. But just as we realised we moved further out into the countryside, I often think it is a shame for them, as they would have had years of playing out on their bikes had we not moved.

However, they also go to the same school so maybe that would be just a little too much time together. Their friendship meant that a great friendship developed between us parents, we now go away together just before Christmas every year and I would say they have become some of our closest friends. The wonderful thing is we have the same thoughts and opinions on parenting, so falling out over the boys is never an issue. If they have a spat, which face it kids do. We ignore it; let them sort it out themselves, which they always do. We never ever get involved.

Best Buddies, My Captured Moment

They are a funny pair, 99% of the time they are the best of friends, when the 1% occurs they get over it very quickly. If one of them gets in trouble at School they can’t wait to grass each other up. But if another child tries to be nasty to one of them they close ranks. Kick one the other one most certainly limps.

I am so glad they found each other, and as families we have made so many happy memories. Such as our last break away together, it was the first year we shared a lodge. We decided that after 6 years we would give it a go, we booked a lodge with a games room, which would give them their own space.  Jack took his friend who he too has been friends with since nursery.  And I must say it was fantastic, they all had a whale of a time, I think the fact they had their own man cave really helped. But I honestly think the test of a friendship is sharing accommodation, and I am glad to say our families’ friendship passed the test.

Running in Lavender

1. 7th January 2016 / 5:20 pm

Hi Sarah, childhood friends are special friends and it wonderful that Joe and Fins friendship has stood the test of time. Judging by their expressions they are having a great time on their pre-Christmas break.

#MyCapturedMoment

7th January 2016 / 10:29 pm

Thanks Debbie, I know I am still friends with one of my School friends and I so value our friendship x

2. 7th January 2016 / 10:38 pm

How wonderful to have such a brilliant friendship – long may it last. Great photos too #mycapturedmoment

8th January 2016 / 9:18 pm

Thank you Victoria, yes I hope it does, if fact they have chatted over face time for an hour tonight after being at school all day bless x

3. 8th January 2016 / 7:48 pm

Aw how lovely that they have been friends since 6 months old. The lodge with games room sounds amazing and looks like everyone got on fantastically. Long may their friendship last x

8th January 2016 / 9:29 pm

Thanks Tracey, yes so do I bless them. The lodge was fab for a group and they loved the games room x

4. 9th January 2016 / 9:28 am

Ah bless them! What an amazing friendship to have. Lili has a friend like this, that she’s know since she was 9months old. They now go to different schools but every time they see each other they’re so happy and the friendship is stronger than ever. These shots are brilliant, they look so happy and cheeky! Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

9th January 2016 / 10:00 pm

Thanks Heledd, its wonderful to see our children have these wonderful friendships isn’t it? x

5. 9th January 2016 / 9:57 am

So lovely that they have stayed friends for so long, truly precious #mycapturedmoment

9th January 2016 / 10:12 pm

I know bless them, they get on so well too, such a lovely friendship, yes they have their moments but thats friendship xx

6. 11th January 2016 / 2:56 pm

Lovely! It’s so nice when friendship survives and grows like this. Our little girl will start school this September and we are desperately hoping that she will be assigned the same school as her best friend she attends nursery with. #MyCapturedMoment

11th January 2016 / 7:22 pm

That will be so lovely for her Heidi, yes it is so wonderful to watch these friendships grow x