Bedroom Ideas Inspired By Spring

It’s that time of year that you look around and start deciding which rooms will be on the decorating hit list for the next year. And the one room that we have pretty much left alone is our bedroom. It is such a unique space, as it is built-in the eaves it is a framed in shape, with patio doors leading out to a balcony overlooking the countryside.

Because it is so unique it has sort of got away with its plain appearance of magnolia walls, a pain bedding. I don’t think I will change the plain appearance of the walls except maybe refresh the tired magnolia to a brighter fresh white to reflect the light around the room.

Bedroom Ideas And The Retro Tulip Bed SetI want to brighten the bedroom with gorgeous bedding; this Retro Tulip set from Next is just perfect. The colours are so uplifting and refreshing, prefect to compliment the colours of the stunning views. It is such a modern yet pretty set perfect for a country bedroom.

My aim it to make it flow out onto the balcony with a bistro set and pot planters with citrus shades to make our little outdoor haven an extension on our bedroom.  A space I can work from on a beautiful summers day, or enjoy a glass of wine as the sun goes down in the evening whilst the boys play football in the garden.

Already I am planning my days enjoying these beautiful colours and gorgeous views, and I think this is what this space has to be all about, relaxation, a place to be inspired but also a great haven to relax and clear the mind and these colours for me are just perfect.

1. 12th January 2016 / 11:21 am

Sarah the more I read about your house the more idyllic it sounds. A balcony from your bedroom just sounds amazing. Our bedroom is on our hit list for a little freshen up this year, and this bedding would certainly brighten it up x

15th January 2016 / 3:59 pm

Isn’t it lovely Tracey, its not a big house at all just quirky which at times is a pain but we still love it x

2. rachel
    12th January 2016 / 9:35 pm

I love it ALL, can’t believe it’s Next, it looks so expensive!

15th January 2016 / 3:59 pm

It so gorgeous isn’t it I just love the colours x

3. 13th January 2016 / 9:44 pm

I love the colours Sarah, orange and grey are some of my favourites. Sounds like a lovely thing to plan in a miserable January, you can sit back and day dream of those summer evening xx

14th January 2016 / 9:01 pm

Thanks Hayley, I know we are ages off spring or at least it feels that way, but I am longing for warm days and these colours are just so warm. x

4. 20th January 2016 / 4:23 am

I really need to take a look at our bedroom décor too. It can have such a huge impact on the whole feel of the room. I love the bright colours you’ve chosen.

20th January 2016 / 6:44 pm

Yes I agree Stella, a room can totally affect your mood cant it? x