My Weekly Round Up And Feeling Happy

Wow I am so happy, the weather has really changed this week hasn’t it? It is soooo cold, but those gorgeous sunny days really make up for it. We have had a little snow too, but nothing drastic or disruptive, although I have a feeling that is yet to come. I am so glad to see the back of the rain.

My planner arrived this week; it is years since I have had a paper planer and I love it, it has been a real distraction though! Before becoming a full-time teacher I used to spend hours scrapbooking and crafting, but hobbies and teaching just don’t go together, there is just not time. My gorgeous planner has rekindled my love for crafting, I am still waiting for some supplies, washi tape and stickers so don’t want to overdo it but I have loved decorating it so far.

My Weekly Round Up And Feeling Happy

My life was on my phone, which is a pain when on the phone and trying to make plans, I am finding keeping my notes, ideas and plans all in one place, so much easier. And it is oh so pretty.

My Weekly Round Up And Feeling Happy

I have also been planning some exciting weekends away for later on in the year, we love family weekends away and we may even take Toby along too, the boys are mega excited about taking Toby away as he usually visits his Grandma when we travel so all very exciting.

On Sunday we decided as it was sunny and there was a fresh layer of snow we would take a long family walk, in actual fact despite the snow and cold appearance the land was not fully dried out, this resulted in the muddiest walk we had ever been on. The river in the village was still fierce and on the verge of bursting it banks, it was so high it was a little scary, if you had stumbled and fallen in you would have been swept away, so I made Chris and Joe retreat to road side where I felt safer.  Thankfully the land seems to be drying out and the rivers are retreating a little now.

My Weekly Round Up And Feeling Happy

My Weekly Round Up And Feeling Happy

I took some great pictures last week but trust me there were times I could have strangled Chris, like when I was up to my ankles in mud. We were ready for a roast dinner and glass of wine after 5 miles trekking in those conditions; poor old Toby was so full of mud he needed a bath on his return.

My Weekly Round Up And Feeling Happy

And lastly Jacks school had the dreaded Ofsted call this week, it is an amazing school and actually, nothing Ofsted could say would ever change my mind of that fact. However I am sure they will do well. But it made me realise that I made the right decision to walk away from teaching, that constant threat of Ofsted, it is used against teachers like a weapon.

My stress levels have disappeared since I have been given the luxury of being more creative, That is when I am happiest, whether it is teaching someone to be creative, styling hair, crafting or blogging, that is what makes me happy, not admin, marking and government policies, I know that now. Considering all of this my word of the week is Happy.

What Katy Said

1. 16th January 2016 / 1:03 pm

I love these photos, Sarah. I also love creative projects. They help me think through problems. I focus on something lovely or pretty and the answers just seem to come. I’m sure it has some impact on the different parts of your brain. I don’t know what or which but it always works for me x

16th January 2016 / 10:05 pm

Thanks Rachel, I feel exactly the same about being creative it clears my mind too, I just love crafting and creating x

2. 16th January 2016 / 6:15 pm

What a word and great idea using the planner. It is always great to try something new and do something that makes you happy X #WOTW

16th January 2016 / 10:06 pm

Thanks you, yes most definitely you only live once x

3. 16th January 2016 / 6:35 pm

What a wonderful word to use to sum up your week, fabulous. I do love a planner, they are so pretty and really useful, too! Beautiful photos, great to hear how happy you are with your decision x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

16th January 2016 / 10:07 pm

Thank you, yes I just wish I had made it sooner, but these things happen for a reason don’t they x

4. Imogene
    16th January 2016 / 10:33 pm

That planner is gorgeous! I find a good planner does really help especially with lists – so much to keep written down.
    Lovely photo’s of the snow, they do make the prettiest of pictures 🙂 x

17th January 2016 / 10:37 am

Yes you are so right, I feel more organised already, and thank you the snow is a wonderful subject isn’t it?

17th January 2016 / 4:16 pm

Thanks Imogene, I love it seems so much easier that recording everything on my phone x

5. 17th January 2016 / 6:47 pm

I went back to a traditional written diary/planner last year – Mum Diary – and I absolutely love it! I tried so hard to do everything electronically but I’m such a visual person that I find writing it down, helped me to remember it better. I really enjoy planning too so it ticks both boxes for me 🙂

17th January 2016 / 8:36 pm

Same here Suzanne, I am a visual person hence I was always double booking, and missing stuff this is so much more visual x

6. 17th January 2016 / 8:17 pm

That planner is beautiful! Nothing makes me happier than a bit of prettiness combined with organisation. Your snow photos are gorgeous too – wish I’d managed to capture a few more nice ones today.

17th January 2016 / 8:37 pm

Same here Katy, I am loving the whole prettiness and decorating my planner to, I love creativity x

7. 18th January 2016 / 1:02 am

That planner is so lovely and so is your photos. Like you, my life is on my phone but I reckon my creative juices flows more when I write in a journal. 🙂
    xx Aubrey

18th January 2016 / 8:44 pm

Do you know Aubrey I think I am the same, it somehow feels more solid when it is in pen, I don’t know why but I follow it more most definitely x

8. 18th January 2016 / 12:11 pm

You do sound really happy. I too went back to a paper planner this year and it’s great. I love being able to have a much broader view of the months ahead and also keeping scraps of ideas all together
    I hope your coarseness continues!

18th January 2016 / 8:46 pm

Thank you Tracey I really do feel so much more chilled, and I am loving my planner so much, like you say it is so much easier to flick through x

9. 22nd January 2016 / 7:21 pm

Really loving your photos- those flat lays are gorgeous! Love that you are enjoying your weeks, your happiness just radiates through! Thank you for joining in #HappyDaysLinky x

22nd January 2016 / 8:39 pm

Thanks Kate, I feel so much more chilled, I am just loving what I am doing it is fab, every day is exciting x

10. 22nd January 2016 / 10:37 pm

I’m so glad that you are so happy, you can really tell from your writing! These photos are beautiful and your planner looks gorgeous. Where are you getting your stickers and washi tape from? I feel I need some! Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

24th January 2016 / 12:19 pm

Thanks Sian, I am so enjoying it, I have ordered on Ebay but they are taking ages to come, but are so pretty x