Taking Selfies, My Captured Moment

This week I am sharing Joe and I taking selfies. This is only a little thing, a tiny moment. But its moments like this I want to remember forever. I am learning from experience that before you know it they are mini adults. To cool to give you hugs, and showing any sign of affection is seen as weakness.

Taking Selfies, My  Captured Moment

Joe is still at that age where he is affectionate, loves cuddles and will just out of the blue give me a kiss and tell me loves me. And every-time it happens it melts my heart. I know these moments wont last forever. He will go on a teen break in a few years.

This photo was taken last week; I was lying on the floor taking photos of the fireplace (like you do) when Joe came to lay next to me and snuggled up.  At first I carried on, moved over a bit as I was trying to get the light and Joe was blocking it. Then I though forget the light it can wait, and we spent a while taking silly selfies and setting the timer to take photos.

It only went on for about 20 minutes but it was a precious 20 minutes and it’s the times like these as a parent you never want to forget. No frills, expensive holidays or days out, which yes are all amazing. But just family time at home on a rainy afternoon, a real moment, is sometimes just as special.

Running in Lavender

1. 17th December 2015 / 12:20 pm

Love this photo Sarah and I am giggling at the ‘teen break’. Though funnily enough my teen is more affectionate than my nearly 10 year old. Sometimes we just have to savour the little moments when they come along. I am surprised Toby did not get in on the action xx

19th December 2015 / 4:03 pm

Exactly Tracey they grow so quick, that would be my one piece of advice to a mum with young kiddies, make the most of every single second it is so precious and goes so quick x

2. 17th December 2015 / 3:28 pm

Awww – this is lovely! I don’t even want to think about the time my little one might no longer want any hugs and kisses (hopefully never!!). I enjoy these precious moments so much!! #MyCapturedMoment

3. 17th December 2015 / 6:35 pm

This is brilliant. Love the photo but love the write up more! Gorgeous moment. #mycapturedmoment

19th December 2015 / 4:06 pm

Ah thank you Karen, it really was I am glad I stopped what I was doing for that moment x

4. 17th December 2015 / 10:11 pm

‘ Taking pictures of the fireplace’, could that be for a blog post at all? Ha! Fabulous! A lovely picture Sarah, these are definitely the moments to treasure, especially as they get nearer to ‘that’ age! X

19th December 2015 / 4:05 pm

Ha ha it might have been Lisa, and yes they are such special moments and it is all flying by so fast x

5. 17th December 2015 / 10:20 pm

Gorgeous and what a shot!! Love the photo Sarah – so happy 🙂 Jess xx

19th December 2015 / 4:07 pm

Thanks Jess, I know it was so sweet x

6. 18th December 2015 / 3:48 pm

Aw love this, and I know what you mean my boys at 11 and almost 10 now – feel a little like I’m on borrowed time as far as the big hugs etc are concerned eek can we please pause time?

Stevie x

19th December 2015 / 4:07 pm

I know bless, they will always love their mums I am sure. But they show it a little less. xx

7. 23rd December 2015 / 9:54 am

Ah Sarah, he’ll always be your little baby! Even when he’s a big mini adult. This is a lovely shot of the two of you. I totally agree, it’s these little moments that we need to cherish and remember.

Thank you for supporting me and linking up to #MyCapturedMoment

Hope to see you again tomorrow xx

24th December 2015 / 8:43 am

Thanks Heledd, yes its amazing how quick he is growing bless him, but growing into such a caring person xx