Shopping and My Weekly Roundup

This week has been all about shopping, you know how it is? You feel you have ages and ages of shopping time, then all of a sudden Christmas is in two weeks, arghhh. I used to be so organised, but over the last 5 years my festive organisation has deteriorated at an alarming rate.

Shopping and My Weekly Roundup

I know what I need to do, I just can’t motivate myself to get going. I think it because life is so busy, these is always something to do, somewhere to be. I am too busy enjoying  family life and them boom, its Christmas in two weeks and I am not organised.

I decided this week I would get it done, well at this stage I am running out of time aren’t I? It has been a manic week, I have been frantically ordering and tracking down parcels. And then on Thursday I spent a whole day at the Trafford Centre. And I feel I have got the lions share of it done, I could have shopped for longer but I honestly couldn’t carry any more. I still have a list but it is considerably shorter than it was on Monday.

What else have I been up to this week?

I have spent a little time giving Joe’s bedroom a Star Wars makeover and  he is thrilled with it.

Star Wars 2

Even though the weather has been truly rubbish. I love cold frosty weather, but this rain is getting a joke isn’t it? Anyhow I digress, Toby and I have been getting out for our walks everyday. Although I must say we have been soaked to the skin a few times. And yesterday we got caught in a hail storm, that was painful.

We spend a lovely morning at the School Christmas Market where Joe had a lovely visit with Santa, a moment I will never forget. We then came home and decorated the tree, it really is one of my favourite days of the year.

I made mulled wine from scratch and it tasted delicious. Check out the recipe it is so simple.

My weekly round up, shopping

Chris also decided to decorate the lounge one night this week, we had planned to do it in November but we just never got the time. I had already decorated our fireplace so had to move it all. And the mess! But now it is finished our lounge looks so much brighter, I love it. I now need to find the right pictures to go over my desk, I don’t know exactly what I want, but I will know it when I see it.

My weekly round up, shopping

Blimey we know how to cram it in don’t we? No wonder I have felt I have had no time this week.  I honestly have no idea how I found time to work. I am aiming for a more relaxed week next week, but actually think that is quite unrealistic with Christmas looming, but I can dream.

What Katy Said

1. 12th December 2015 / 3:06 pm

Sounds like a very busy week! The fireplace looks great – the little snowman is so cute! 🙂 #happydays

13th December 2015 / 6:31 pm

Thanks Jessica, I picked him up from a Christmas Market, and yes its been manic x

2. 12th December 2015 / 6:17 pm

Gosh no wonder you said you were busy! Decorating a room in an evening- that is impressive!! Love when things all fall into place though. Thank you so much for joining in with #HappyDaysLinky xx

13th December 2015 / 6:36 pm

Thanks Kate, yes we must me mad ha ha. But its done now, I think I will tackle the bedroom after Christmas x

3. 12th December 2015 / 6:19 pm

You certainly do cram it in! All very festive and lovely, though, and I do hope you manage to sort your shopping soon! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

13th December 2015 / 6:37 pm

I know I must be mad, and gosh so do I, I honestly have no idea how I had time to work x

4. 12th December 2015 / 7:43 pm

You sound as mentally busy as I am at the mo! Christmas just seems insane and has crept up so quickly. I am soooo fed up of the rain. Where are the sunny, crisp mornings?? I love your decs…so festive!! xx #happydays

13th December 2015 / 6:39 pm

Thanks Sarah, and yes bring on the sunny crisp mornings, and I will be glad when all of those lists in my head are massively reduced, when I have finished my list, and have a mulled wine in my hand I can relax x

5. 12th December 2015 / 9:53 pm

OMG how do you decorate a room in an evening do your sons room and work? I’d be rocking in a corner somewhere now. The fireplace is stunning, such a relaxing space perfect for a cold winter #happydays

13th December 2015 / 6:40 pm

Ha ha I know, I must be mad but when its all done and we are chilling its worth it x

6. Robyn
    15th December 2015 / 7:07 am

Your mantel decorations look lovely and the wall colour behind it is gorgeous – is that part of the decorating that was done in an evening? Mulled wine looks yum! I do quite like a mulled wine in winter (summer here now!), so I must keep this in mind for when the days start getting shorter, I think that would be quite a nice treat even if it’s not Christmas 🙂 #HappyDaysLinky

15th December 2015 / 7:54 pm

Thank you Robyn, yes I am so thrilled with the colour. And oh I love Mulled wine it feels like christmas when you are sipping mulled wine xx

7. 15th December 2015 / 4:52 pm

Gosh I thought you might be a little queiter when you finished work but definitely not, you are busier!

15th December 2015 / 7:56 pm

Karen, not so far but hey I am doing what I love its so exciting x

8. 17th December 2015 / 12:14 pm

Sarah sounds as if you have been manic this past week and well done on the decorating. That is some achievement this close to Christmas. I must admit I have been less organised this year for some reason, though I have spent the morning wrapping. Just ordered something online for Katie that she was desperate for so I am praying it comes on time. Otherwise I am blaming Santa. Have a good week xx

19th December 2015 / 4:02 pm

I know we must be mad ha ha, but at least we are getting there now x