Getting All Festive, My Weekly Round Up

I love this time of the year, when you really start to feel festive. Yay its December and I feel I am allowed to feel festive, decorate and plan for the season ahead. And I kicked off the festivities, with a little trip to Manchester. To visit the absolutely gorgeous Co-op building, seriously it blew my mind.  It feels more like a swanky hotel than a head office.

co-op christmas event and feeling festive

And that set the scene for the event ahead. I got to mingle with blogging buddies and try out the Co-op festive menu. And let me tell you I was gob smacked. I don’t think I have ever shopped at Co-op before, but trying out the festive menu was a real eye opener.

co-op christmas event and feeling festive

coop 4

Every course was paired with wine; there were lots of hints and tips to choose the right wines for Christmas dinner. And each course offered a sample menu of what Co-op has available for the festive table. Particular favourites of mine where the cranberry pate, the pre made roasted parsnips, the Christmas pudding, oooooh and that chocolate mousse.

co-op christmas event and feeling festive It was great to have the food design team on hand to tell us about the journey of the Christmas menu. Do you know they are already planning next years offering? It was so interesting to find that food goes through trends and fashions. It’s not something I have ever given much thought to before, but the amount of work going on behind the scenes to bring our festive table to us is staggering.

co-op christmas event and feeling festive

co-op christmas event and feeling festive

I have had loads of behind the scenes stuff to do this week too, some of it very exciting. I love planning for the year ahead, and here’s to a great year. Although I still cannot believe this year is drawing to a close, it has flown.

co-op christmas event and feeling festive

And then we rounded our week off with another trip to Manchester. Chris and I had debated whether to visit, Manchester, Leeds or Liverpool and eventually decided on Manchester. The atmosphere at this time of year is just incredible. I love wandering through he streets all lit with fairy lights, and stopping in bars to enjoy a glass of wine.

We were so lucky with the weather too, yes it was cold and windy but we had a break in the rain, so were able to enjoy the markets and Manchester without worrying about getting soaked.
And finally, I am looking forward to tomorrow, its that wonderful day of the year when you watch a Christmas movie, decorate the tree, and cook a winter roast, of course with a celebratory glass of wine. It something I look forward too every year. I decorated the fire place in the week, so I only have the tree to do, so it will be a lovely chilled out day.

What Katy Said

1. 5th December 2015 / 9:33 pm

The co-op event looks amazing. It was just too far for me to attend sadly. Glad you had a wonderful time x

6th December 2015 / 7:27 pm

Yes Aby it was fab I really enjoyed it and nice to have a lovely event in the North x

2. 5th December 2015 / 9:48 pm

Do you know what, I didn’t even know how awesome the inside of the building looked at the Co-op event. I think I was too stressed when I arrived after a long journey. Thank goodness you took that wonderful photo. It was a great night, and lovely to catch up again. Glad you managed to get to the Manchester markets xx

6th December 2015 / 7:29 pm

Tracey how could you have missed it ha ha, it was breathtaking, although like you say sometimes you can feel a bit overwhelmed at events like this. It was lovely to see you and have a catch up x

3. 6th December 2015 / 8:05 am

It looks amazing event and building, just gorgeous. It is a wonderful time of year. We put our tree up yesterday and we’ll be watching a Christmas movie this morning 🙂 Have fun with yours x Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

6th December 2015 / 7:33 pm

Ah thank you, I am now sat with a glass of wine, tree decorated feeling festive x

4. 7th December 2015 / 9:10 am

Oh that event looks fabulous and voice a food design team on hand to give you tips is just right up my street
    Glad you had such a great time. Now let the festivities begin!
    ##wordoftheweek

8th December 2015 / 1:50 pm

Thanks Tracey, yes it was great, the were so knowledgable. I loved hearing about behinds the scenes and the story of food. And yes bring it on x

5. 10th December 2015 / 12:16 am

Sounds like an amazing event – lucky you! And you are definitely getting in the mood for Christmas. Mmm, winter roast – am drooling now… x

10th December 2015 / 9:44 pm

Thanks Rosie, it was a fab event and all that lovely food x

6. 11th December 2015 / 8:38 pm

I haven’t shopped in The Co Op in ages, I am not sure we have one where we live now. Shame as they do have some great bits and bobs. Looks like an amazing event!! Thank you so much for joining in with #HappyDaysLinky x

13th December 2015 / 6:30 pm

Thank you Kate, It was an amazing event with fantastic food x