A Rainy Day In London, My Sunday Photo

This was taken a couple of weeks ago on a rainy day in London. It always takes my breath away when I look at the curved buildings that line Regent Street.  They stand with such beauty and elegance. And even on a dull rainy grey day they are still so beautiful.

A Rainy Day In London, My Sunday Photo

When I think that years ago when I worked in the city I took it for granted. I walked up Regent Street daily, and never appreciated just how beautiful it is. I concentrated more on what plans I had for the day, was I ahead off  of behind schedule, even what was I having for lunch that day. I never just stopped and watched, I wish I had.

Now when I visit London, I marvel at the beauty, love to people watch and see this wonderful city  in all its glory. It makes me happy being part of the hustle and bustle. And when I leave, I leave looking forward until the next time I visit.

OneDad3Girls

1. 6th December 2015 / 12:49 am

Regent Street is a great place and I too love the way the street and buildings curve round. I was there with our boys last weekend – we went along Regent Street on the top deck of a bus and took in the Christmas lights (which they found a little disappointing compared to Oxford Street), but it has become part of our pre-Christmas ritual to catch a bus from the bottom of Trafalgar Square and ride up all the way to Marble Arch. They love it.

6th December 2015 / 7:31 pm

Do you know Tim our kids haven’t been to London at Christmas,we spend loads of time there in the summer so this is my mission for next year x

2. 6th December 2015 / 6:42 am

What a beautiful picture. Regent Street is instantly recognisable! I know what you mean about London. I lived there for two years (although never worked right in the centre) and took it for granted when I was there. Now I love it and I’m always keen to visit!

6th December 2015 / 7:32 pm

I know Sarah its mad isn’t it, almost like you don’t know what you have until it is not there. Now my idea of bliss is walking around London taking photos x

3. 6th December 2015 / 9:42 am

It really is beautiful, built with so much attention. I worked in London for a few years and was the same, always in a huge rush and never stopped to take it all in. I love visiting so much now.

6th December 2015 / 7:34 pm

I know Tas, me too, just to wander and take in the atmosphere is just incredible, I love it x

4. 6th December 2015 / 10:10 am

Love Regent’s Street. Often you walk around dashing into shops and never looking up. It’s so beautiful

6th December 2015 / 7:35 pm

I know Darren you are so right, and then you come away and think arghhh I should have spent more time looking around taking it all in x

5. 6th December 2015 / 12:24 pm

Regent street really is a beautiful old street, I bet it really does look magical at this time of year with the Christmas Lights and the old buildings.

6th December 2015 / 7:36 pm

Yes, but then it is one of places that always looks magical isn’t it Fiona x

6. 6th December 2015 / 3:00 pm

Sarah you always manage to capture buildings so wonderfully. I have only visited London a handful of times. Next year I would love to stay for a few days with the kids and take in all the wonderful sights x

6th December 2015 / 7:37 pm

Thank you Tracey, that is on our wish list too, we love London so much and try to visit when we can x

7. 6th December 2015 / 5:02 pm

The architecture of Regent street is stunning and love that you have captured the red double decker in this too, it is such a recognisable image. Love this shot! Makes me home sick. #mysundayphoto

6th December 2015 / 7:38 pm

Thanks Catie, I just love London, I could never ever get bored of it, such a stuning City x

8. 6th December 2015 / 6:38 pm

That is just beautiful! So festive x

6th December 2015 / 7:38 pm

Thank you Kim, yes it was just so beautiful despite the rain x

9. 7th December 2015 / 7:31 pm

Love the angle- one of my favourite streets I think just for the curve. Also loving your festive header Sarah! xx

8th December 2015 / 1:51 pm

Ah thanks Kate, and yes it is a street I could never ever get bored of x