My Weekly Round Up, And Travel, Travel, Travel

This week has been a week, full of adventure and hopefully a little taste of times ahead. So for me this week has got to be all about travel. Travel has been an obsession for me for many, many years. I spend ages pouring over travel web sites and brochures. Friends and colleagues have often joked that I should have been a travel agents and not a hairdressing tutor. I love searching for wonderful locations great deals, and showing the boys new and exciting experiences.

travel

And I spent this week floating along in travel heaven. Of course you have to love travel to love an environment like this. I was like a child in a sweetshop, I literally felt giddy with excitement, talking to wonderful people and making new friends from all over the world.

I went to the event with my lovely friend Karen and am so glad we shared the experience together. We enjoyed a beer, laughed and discussed all things space with Jean-Marcel from Belgium, debated American tourism and blogging over coffee with Thor from New York, met the Sri Lankan tourism minister, discovered Dubai land and Yas Island, Rodrigues Island, Mongolia argghhhh just too exciting, drank chocolate with cheese in Peru (yes your eyes are not deceiving you, and it was delicious) and partied in the Caribbean. It was surreal, exciting and inspirational.

Jean Claud

I have also had my eyes open to destinations I have never considered such as Cyprus, Ibiza, Peru, and realised there are places we have visited that we must go back to such a Cuba, Mexico, Italy and Jamaica. So if I was confused about where to travel next year before? Now my mind is buzzing, where next I can’t go to them all?

The autumn skies have been just beautiful; they are just not disappointing at the moment are they? And just when you think you have seen the most stunning sky so far this year, the following day presents itself and blows your mind.

Sky

It has been lovely after a mad week returning home to Chris, the boys and Toby. I must say that I think Toby was the most excited to see me bless him.

We had a great night last night with our lovely fiends Ruth, Darren and Fin. We all trekked off to a firework display. We had high hopes for the event. The fireworks were spectacular, but it was a little  packed, we couldn’t get to the food and bar to get a drink or snack as we had promised the boys. And we were up to our knees in mud.

After the fireworks we fought through the mud and parked cars back to Ruth and Darren’s for pizza and wine, at first we were a little disappointed as we were so looking forward to eating pulled pork as we watched the fireworks, but the night turned out well, with lots of laughs just no pulled pork. And the boys loved the fireworks and mud.

The event was free in our local village; as a result people came from miles, and he event raised loads for charity which is always great.

What Katy Said

1. 7th November 2015 / 12:29 pm

We got stuck in the mud last year and had to be tractored out of the car park!

Great to see you at WTM 🙂

7th November 2015 / 8:06 pm

OMG what a nightmare, it was a great display but just chaos with the cars on the roads and yes so lovely to spend a bit of time with you x

2. 7th November 2015 / 5:18 pm

What a fab word, and an exciting event! I’ve been to Ibiza and Cyprus and enjoyed them both, though we’ve yet to get to Peru! Sounds like plenty of plans being made, so lovely to see new options ahead, too x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

7th November 2015 / 8:13 pm

Ah thank you, yes there is so much out there its so hard to choose where to go next , I love travel it is so exciting x

3. 7th November 2015 / 5:36 pm

The travel conference sounded great. I love the idea of the speed dating, I saw a few people do. Sounds like a lush week huni x

7th November 2015 / 8:16 pm

Aby it was os fab, yes the speed dating was so exciting. The last time I did it it was for a 5 hours so this felt so much easier and fun x

4. 7th November 2015 / 5:54 pm

It was great to see you briefly at WTM Sarah and I am glad you had a good time! x

7th November 2015 / 9:02 pm

Thanks Katie, it was great to see you too and yes I had a fab couple of days x

5. 7th November 2015 / 10:42 pm

That event does sound so exciting – no wonder your mind is buzzing full of ideas of where to travel to next! The sunsets have been quite gorgeous lately haven’t they – I’ve not managed to capture any of them sadly but loved your sunset photo. What a shame that the fireworks were so busy and muddy – we were lucky to be able to see quite a lot of the local display from our back garden which was much easier than trying to get to a display. I think I’d prefer to pay and have a smaller gathering too though if we did decide to go to one.

9th November 2015 / 7:05 pm

Thanks Louise and yes the sunsets have been breathtaking, Yes it would be great to see from our garden I would love that x

6. 7th November 2015 / 11:44 pm

I think I need to head to the WTM next year, I’ve heard so manyy good things and I normally shy away from anything like this. Mich x

9th November 2015 / 7:07 pm

Yes Michelle big events can be daunting cant they?

7. 7th November 2015 / 11:58 pm

Sounds like you’ve had an amazing week going around the world! Travelling is so very exciting and really does broaden the mind – I do so enjoy it when we have the time/money to take the children somewhere for them to discover new ways of living. Have fun plotting your next big trip away!

As for the fireworks, we did attend an event but came home and did our own too – the children just loved their own fireworks. Makes me think we should do this again next year!
    Have a good week
    #WoTW

9th November 2015 / 7:07 pm

I know me too, I love travelling and part of the fun is the planning x

8. 8th November 2015 / 1:23 pm

Sounds like a great week apart from the mud! I love your picture of the sunset we have noticed a lot of beautiful skies just recently x #HappyDays

9th November 2015 / 8:27 pm

Thanks Kirsty, yes it has been fab so exciting. And I am over the mud now ha ha, at least the boys had fab time x

9. 8th November 2015 / 8:03 pm

Sounds like you have had a crazy but fun week Sarah. The travel event sounds amazing, and how fantastic to open your eyes to even more new destinations. Ah just need to win the lottery to do it all. Shame about all the mud and the lack of pulled pork. We went to a display with friends on Friday and had a good time too. Have a great week xx

9th November 2015 / 8:29 pm

I know, all those wonderful countries to visit, I just love travel so exciting Tracey x

10. 8th November 2015 / 9:44 pm

Ooo, the travel conference sounds fantastic! Can you go to Ibiza, please. I’ve been a couple of times but didn’t see anything other than bars and clubs. I believe the island is absolutely stunning so would like to go back for a more grown up trip.

9th November 2015 / 8:32 pm

Ha ha ok Rachael I will accept that mission if I can arrange it, I know I have never been but the family side of the Island does look fab now I have researched a little and spoken to friends who have visited x

11. 8th November 2015 / 10:04 pm

It sounds like you had inspiration overload at WTM but great fun too. I’m glad the firework night was saved with pizza! #happydays

9th November 2015 / 8:33 pm

Oh Claire I did I was like a child so excited ha ha, and yes I am not a huge fan of pizza to be honest but I was that hungry I wolfed it down x

12. 9th November 2015 / 11:49 am

So many exciting destinations it will be very interesting to see which one you finally settled on! So glad to hear you had a good bonfire night despite the fact you weren’t able to have your pulled pork as you all had hoped.xx #WotW

9th November 2015 / 8:42 pm

I know and I still haven’t got my head round where to start choosing so exciting x

13. 9th November 2015 / 12:36 pm

Oh wow I must never go to anything like this otherwise I might just disappear for good!! It sounds really fascinating though and I can totally understand how your head is spinning through even more travel choices now. Glad you had a lovely fireworks day in the end even without the pulled pork X #HappyDays

14. 13th November 2015 / 10:24 pm

Oh Sarah, so happy to hear the happy in your voice again. The travel event sounds fab! Glad you had a good week hun. Thanks for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

15th November 2015 / 9:13 am

Thank you Katie and yes it was just what I needed, you have a great week too x