My Captured Moment

For my captured moment this week I am using this lovely memory.  It  is a little bright but as soon as I saw it I smiled. It is finding moments like this that makes me so happy I have always bugged my family with a camera. This was a moment or day I might have forgotten or at least not have remembered so vividly had I not taken photos.

It was taken on my birthday in 2005, 13 days before Joe was born and Jack and I decided to have a mother and son day out. Our last day out before the new baby arrived. I was so conscious to involve Jack in the whole process of becoming a family of 4, to make sure he understood this was a great thing that was happening to our family, and he was very excited.

My Captured Moment, A New Baby Is On The Way

I don’t know if I have ever shared this before but I had to find out the sex of the baby as my scan because Jack was so adamant he did not want a sister. He even suggested that if we did have a girl we could swap it with another mum and dad at the hospital. This child would have to be prepared if a sister was on the way. Of course he would have had to adapt, but his suggestions of swapping the new baby or just dressing it in boys clothes so no one knew it was girl worried me a tad ha ha.

Any way we had a beautiful baby boy, Jack was thrilled with his baby brother, and we became a family of 4. But I will always look back on this day and smile, my little boy looking forward to meeting his new baby but happy to have his mummy to himself for the day.

Running in Lavender

Author of Extraordinary Chaos a family lifestyle and travel blog from a 40+ mum of teenage boys, sharing our family travels, recipes, reviews and country living. Also the co editor of Cruising With Kids Family Cruise Blog

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. 19th November 2015 / 10:50 am

Gorgeous Sarah – bless his heart and what a lovely picture and memory to have before your other babe arrived. Ha ha love his thinking if it was going to be a girl – good job he wasn’t eh?!
    Linking up from #MyCapturedMoment
    Sammy x

21st November 2015 / 8:18 am

I know bless, and yes it was a lovely day. Its funny how I felt life was going to be so different before Joe, and it is bless him wonderful but very noisy ha ha x

2. 19th November 2015 / 1:56 pm

What a lovely memory. Those final few days before you become a family of four are so precious. Thank goodness Joe was a blue one! 🙂 #mycapturedmoment

21st November 2015 / 8:19 am

Ha ha I know, of course it didn’t matter to us but Jack would have been devastated x

3. Heidi - @Cosmochicklitan
    19th November 2015 / 2:52 pm

Lovely memory. It’s so funny how older siblings WANT a brother. I am sure that your little boy would have loved a sister just as much in the end though :-). #MyCapturedMoment

21st November 2015 / 8:22 am

Heidi after the initial distress I am sure he would have grown to love a sister x

4. 19th November 2015 / 8:37 pm

Oh what a lovely, lovely memory and I adore this photo 🙂 How sweet to remember that moment. Jess xx

21st November 2015 / 8:25 am

Thanks Jess, sometimes the little memories like this are so much more precious aren’t they? x

5. 19th November 2015 / 9:53 pm

Oh this is such a lovely memory Sarah and gorgeous photo to remind you. Ha! That was lucky for Joe, it’s a funny one when an older child becomes a sibling isn’t it? They have all kinds of opinions that younger children don’t even think about. I’m glad Jack wasn’t disappointed xx

21st November 2015 / 8:31 am

I know bless him, yes it is, as even though we were no bothered that sex the baby was, we di feel relieved when we knew Jack was getting his brother x

6. 20th November 2015 / 11:19 am

Oh bless him being so adamant he wanted a baby brother. Thank goodness he got his wish, and Jack and Joe sound like they have a great bond. You forget how young and innocent they once were xx

21st November 2015 / 9:11 am

Yes thank goodness, I know they are so grown up now Tracey and they do get on most of the time but trust me they have their moments xx

7. Polka Dot Family
    21st November 2015 / 12:56 pm

I love how the photo brings back such fond memories just before you had your second son, it’s funny how there minds work #MyCapturedMoment

22nd November 2015 / 4:58 pm

I know ha ha, although he had me a little worried about the whole affair, of course it was never an issue but oh the stress x

8. 25th November 2015 / 10:00 pm

Loving the new look!!! Ah this is a gorgeous shot of your boy!! Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment x

27th November 2015 / 9:40 am

Thanks Heledd yes I was a little nervous but happy with it now, and thank you I too love this shot x