My Weekly Round Up, And Breathe

What a whirlwind of a week, I have made it too half term. It has been tough and to be honest I think I have crawled along and dragged myself to today. But hey yesterday was a manic busy day and I left work smiling after a lovely day and an enjoyable week. And now bring on half term, crunchy autumn leaves and our Q Lodge Break. I am so very ready for it and cant wait drive tomorrow and start sharing my holiday postcards. So my word is

breath 3

Jack turned 15 yesterday, sadly I was at work until 9.30 last night so only see him in the morning and for an hour when I got home. I was so upset about this earlier in the week, but we agreed to celebrate tonight too, oh and at the weekend, he likes to drag his birthday out a little.

Jack shares his birthday with his granddad, I know what are the odds of that? So whilst Chris and I was at work, and Joe at school as he had not broken up for half term yet, he went out for lunch with Grandma and Granddad. He secretly loves this as he get throughly spoilt for the day. I was happy knowing that he was having a great day, and in fact getting to celebrate two birthdays.

We had a surprise phone-call yesterday to say our new furniture was arriving today argh we are not ready and have not even decorated. But I suppose it is not the end of the world. We have had a mad rush getting someone to collect our old furniture, but I think by 6pm today it should all be sorted. And my desk is nearly ready it looks beautiful I just need door knobs now for the final touches, but it is exactly how I envisaged it.

Things that have made me happy this week.

Jack being 15, and being a lovely 15-year-old, I hope this lasts. But he does seemed pretty chilled most of the time so fingers crossed.

Joe making the School football team, bless him he came home and said, Mum this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, my heart melted he was so proud.

Crunchy leaves everywhere, I don’t know why but they make me so happy.

Making it to half term, I am so ready for a break.

I am looking forward to;

Chilling out with Chris and the boys at Slaley Hall Q Lodges in Northumberland, long autumn walks and chilling by the fire with a cocktail in the big house.

homepage_gallery_0000_Layer 20

Getting the rest of the week to organise my new desk and catch up a bit, I have been chasing my tail all term.

What Katy Said
Share:

1. 23rd October 2015 / 12:13 pm

Happy birthday to Jack first of all. Oh my word 15. As you know he shares his birthday with my hubby as well as his granddad. Popular day. I am so with him for stretching his birthday out. Q Lodges sounds just what you all need right now. I always think that first half term is so tiring as we adjust to the new routine. I really wish we were going away but I will make do with your postcards from Northumberland. Have a great half term. Oh and well done to Jack. That is fantastic news. It made me smile with him saying ‘its a once in a lifetime opportunity’ xx

27th October 2015 / 7:57 pm

Ah thanks Tracey I know bless him it was so sweet, Jack had a fab birthday and Q Lodges OMG we have fallen in love with them it was incredible x

2. 23rd October 2015 / 12:36 pm

A happy belated birthday to Jack and his grandad! Sounds like they had a fab day and it’ll be nice to celebrate tonight and tomorrow, too. Hope you have a lovely break and a restful half term x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

27th October 2015 / 7:58 pm

Ah thank you, yes they did have a fab day. And thank you we had such a wonderful break x

3. Louisa
    23rd October 2015 / 1:41 pm

Happy birthday Jack! I hope you all have a lovely time together celebrating over the weekend. My son shares his birthday with his Dad which he loves, it makes the day doubly special.

27th October 2015 / 8:00 pm

Thanks Louise, we have had the best weekend it has been a real treat x

4. 24th October 2015 / 7:40 pm

Aww, happy birthday to Jack and well done to Joe for making the school football team! Sounds like it’s been a good week!
    #happydayslinky

27th October 2015 / 8:01 pm

Thanks Maddie yes it has been a great weekend and amazing weekend x

5. 24th October 2015 / 8:34 pm

It’s great to hear you enjoy your job even though you miss out on birthdays a bit. Hope you have a lovely time away relaxing and can recharge the batteries so to speak. #WotW

27th October 2015 / 8:03 pm

Thanks Helena, we have had such a lovely break and enjoyed celebrating Jack,s birthday x

6. 25th October 2015 / 8:41 am

Well done on making it to half term. I didn’t quite make it and succumbed to a bad throat infection. The lodge looks amazing so I hope you have a really relaxing break. Congratulations with your son. It is so difficult when you need to work. I hate those moments when you feel pulled in two directions. Happy holidays #happydays

27th October 2015 / 8:06 pm

Oh no nightmare, Catie the lodge was just incredible. And yes it is tough when work life gets in the way of family life because family should always come first, yet sometimes you have no choice, but glad we got to celebrate the day after x

7. 30th October 2015 / 6:09 pm

Sorry it wasn’t the best week Sarah. Just deep breaths and before you know it the weekend rolls around again. Crunchy leaves make me happy too- just focus on those little things and Christmas will soon be here! #HappyDaysLinky x

30th October 2015 / 9:16 pm

Thanks Kate, it ended ok thank goodness and the hols have been fantastic and yes are right not long till christmas x