A Postcard From Q Lodges, Slaley Hall, And I Am Super-Mum

For todays postcard, as I sit in my beautiful Q Lodges office I am feeling pretty smug. And very confident I am in the running for Mum of the year, why?

The boys love, love, love Q Lodges. They keep asking when can we come back? They just love it here. In fact we all do.

Last night before a delicious dinner at the Claret Jug we had a cocktail making lesson at the 19th Hole. Now, I do love a cocktail so this was heaven for me, what I didn’t anticipate was how much fun it would be as a family activity. The boys really got into the spirit of the activity and had so much fun shaking their mocktails with the wonderfully entertaining Adrian.

Cocktails 1

Cocktail making lessons a Q Lodges and great family holiday

cocktail 5

Today started off with a wonderful relaxing hot stone massage in the beautiful relaxing spa, I floated back to the lodge feeling so very relaxed, after a chilled out lunch we head off to the activity centre.

And I am proud to have just trekked for an hour through some pretty rough terrain on a quad bike. This was one of the activities that Q Lodges booked for us with their on-site adventure team, All Out Adventures. I must say I was a little apprehensive, after 10 mins on the quad trying to keep up with the boys I wanted to get off, run to the spa and hide, but I was brave and persevered, and do you know what? It was an incredible experience. I will share more in my review but this was such a fantastic activity, the boys absolutely loved every minute. And even though they have done quad bike activities before, this was their absolute favourite and took us over acres of the estates grounds.

Tonight we are looking forward to dining in Hadrian’s Brassiere and a pre dinner drink in the beautiful 19th hole bar. Thanks for reading my postcard from Q Lodges x

27th October 2015 / 8:09 pm

Ah thanks Rachel, it really is I honestly could not find a single fault x

1. 27th October 2015 / 2:25 pm

Sounds such a perfect day for you all. I never thought cocktail making would be a family activity too, but sounds like you all had fun. Maybe the boys will give Tom Cruise a run for his money lol. Looking forward to hearing all about Quad Biking. I know the boys in our family would love this activity x

27th October 2015 / 8:11 pm

I know, but we all loved it, the boys loved mixing their mocktails. Ha ha can you imagine living on a beach bliss I just love that film, and the quad biking, wow scary at first but so much fun x

2. 27th October 2015 / 10:13 pm

What a weekend! I had my first hot stone massage a month or so ago and it was blissful so I know how you felt! The quad biking sounds cool too, I’d love to give that a go as I am a bit of a secret girl racer! x

27th October 2015 / 10:21 pm

I know it was just bliss Julia, and yes the quad biking was scary but I did love it xx

3. 29th October 2015 / 7:16 pm

Sounds wonderful – please adopt me!!!! Love cocktails so much! You certainly are super Mum! xx 🙂

29th October 2015 / 9:20 pm

Ha ha ok I will, either that or we need a girls event making cocktails x

4. 13th January 2016 / 4:21 pm

What a fab idea – family cocktail making! Will definitely have to try that one at home 🙂

13th January 2016 / 7:51 pm

Emma it was fab we had so much fun, the boys loved making their mocktails x