My Weekly Round Up, Change

This week is all about change; it’s that time of the year isn’t it? I find it hard to focus during this term. Work feels so pressured, and I feel my only haven is being in the classroom with my students away from all that paperwork. But that’s why I teach to work with and inspire students. That is where I am happy.

changeThe weather is definitely changing, that nip is in the air; at this time of year it starts to feel different doesn’t it? And a big thing for our family is a birthday. Joe was 10 this week, he has been so so excited about it and had a lovely birthday tea with lots of family and friends bobbing to see him yesterday.

BalloonsToday they have a boy’s trip to see the Burnley match planned and tomorrow we are off the Chillfactore for a spot of sledging followed by dinner at the restaurant of Joe’s choice.

I have also finally found a desk to restore, I am so excited to get started and need to get searching for glass doorknobs, oilcloth and chalk paint. I have wanted to restore a desk for so long and have grand ideas but god only know where I will find the time ha ha. However I am such a creative person and used to take on little projects all the time. I have really missed it lately so need to find more time for it from somewhere.

cabAnd lastly I wanted to share a great little product the Wishbone Smart Thermometer. It is so cool. It is an attachment, which you connect to your smart phone. It  is able to record the temperature of people, pets, objects and ambient room temperatures.

ap 1We have been putting it to the test for the last couple of weeks and it is fantastic. The app is able to set a profile for different people so if somebody is sick you can take their temperature at regular intervals and it records and plots it on a graph.

We have also tested it on cooking; poor old Toby has never had his temperature taken so much (I must say I think he much prefers this to the traditional vet method), and room temperatures. At £34.99 it is great value and as it is small it is perfect for keeping in your bag.

IMG_1580IMG_1515

&nbsp

Tinyfootsteps
Share:

1. 26th September 2015 / 11:24 am

Lovely to hear that Joe had a great birthday, and wow to that desk! Looks like a brilliant project, hope you manage to find the time for it x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

26th September 2015 / 8:07 pm

Thank you yes he has had a fab time, and I cant wait to get started on my little project I just hope it turns out like the image in my head x

2. 28th September 2015 / 1:59 pm

Moving from a single digit to a double digit age is quite a big change I think – mentally if nothing else! And yes, this weather really can’t decide what it’s going to be. In the morning we have the heating one & we’re leaving for school in coats and come afternoon the children are melting, coats no where to be seen. Crazy!
    #WoTW

30th September 2015 / 10:02 pm

I know Joe has been so fired up about it bless him, as I type I am sat by a roaring fire it is definitely getting cooler x

3. 28th September 2015 / 4:26 pm

Happy birthday Joe. Hope he had a fantastic day out despite no burgers in TGI Fridays. Wow the desk looks lovely. Can’t wait to see the finished product Sarah. Its definitely the time for change, though it has been a glorious day today, almost like summer x

30th September 2015 / 10:03 pm

Thanks Tracey he has such a fab time, I cant wait to get started on my cabinet x

4. 28th September 2015 / 8:39 pm

Wow! That is quite a gadget there! How smart is this little “Y” artefact! I would probably do the same as you did. Take the temperature of everything! lol! I have to say “You girl girl!” Do what you give you moments of “me-time”. I wish I could have more time on sawing projects. I would love to see your finished product after. & Happy Birthday Joe! Glad you had a great time on your special day. x #HappyDays

30th September 2015 / 10:04 pm

Thanks Su,Joe had a fab birthday and yes I am dying to get started on my little project x

5. 29th September 2015 / 11:49 am

That desk is stunning, I really look forward to seeing how your refurbishment goes x #HappyDays

30th September 2015 / 10:06 pm

Thank you I cant wait to get started x

6. 1st October 2015 / 9:15 am

Hope Joe had a wonderful birthday. I remember being 10 very well, it’s a good age. 🙂

That desk looks fab, Sarah – I can’t wait to see the end result. What a lovely little project! 🙂

Thanks for joining the #HappyDaysLinky

Happy October!! xx

2nd October 2015 / 7:33 pm

Thanks Jenna he had a fab birthday and I cant wait to get started on my desk eeek x

7. 2nd October 2015 / 10:02 pm

That desk is absolute gorgeous Sarah, I cannot wait to see what you do with it!! Thanks for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x